Page 968 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 468868918958964965966967968969970971972978 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We see this kind of thing from field agents in all sorts of media, so it shouldn't be too shocking here.

Whether it's just the agent ignoring direct orders or dudes like Rambo and the Daniel Craig James Bond threatening thier superiors (ok, maybe Bond was joking about shooting Dame Judy's M out his ejector seat) with physical violence, the agent is out there doing their superior's dirty work so now they mostly get to call BS on their bosses when they aren't outright going rogue.
    The difference here is that the book is ABOUT the superior. Could you picture a 007 movie where the first hour is some field agent telling off Bond for not being better at his job?

Not only that, but of the 10 deep-cover agents, we now have a full third who broke the rules for personal reasons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    A rumor. So I’m not believing it.

Anyway back to the stuff that matters I’m actually not too bothered by the OC’s letting their grievances be known to T’Challa since Ridley still has a good grasp on his voice. And I’m itching to them getting to the bottom of who the ringleader is.
    OCs having a tone with T’Challa doesn’t bother me because he confidently stands above it, which is kinda the point of his character. He makes controversial, radical decisions like opening up Wakanda or starting a program of celibate shadow assassins because he thinks that’s what’s best lol. He’ll take **** for it but as long as Wakandan security is maintained he’ll shrug it off or bite back with some words of his own. Insubordination is expected in these types of missions and it adds a layer of humanity to these characters that T’Challa is trying to save. If he was giving internal monologues about how he brought it on himself I’d see cause for concern. But this isn’t any different than Priest having T’Challa shrug at W’Kabi’s xenophobic criticisms.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love the preview for issue 02.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We see this kind of thing from field agents in all sorts of media, so it shouldn't be too shocking here.

Whether it's just the agent ignoring direct orders or dudes like Rambo and the Daniel Craig James Bond threatening thier superiors (ok, maybe Bond was joking about shooting Dame Judy's M out his ejector seat) with physical violence, the agent is out there doing their superior's dirty work so now they mostly get to call BS on their bosses when they aren't outright going rogue.

Since it isn't ol' girls book, she just gets to complain to T'Challa while threatening to murk the dude that killed her boyfriend/partner.

If she was respectfully bowing her head after getting her cover blown and her partner capped in short order, it wouldn't have made much sense either.
    That not what I mean, I'm saying how they have been acting thus far, and omolola saying that she isn't loyal to him but Wakanda, really that whole conversation gives off Coates vibes, how every character talks down to T'Challa. It's one thing when it's established characters calling out the main character because there's familiarity, but when it's OCs going on and on it gets kinda annoying

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    OCs having a tone with T’Challa doesn’t bother me because he confidently stands above it, which is kinda the point of his character. He makes controversial, radical decisions like opening up Wakanda or starting a program of celibate shadow assassins because he thinks that’s what’s best lol. He’ll take **** for it but as long as Wakandan security is maintained he’ll shrug it off or bite back with some words of his own. Insubordination is expected in these types of missions and it adds a layer of humanity to these characters that T’Challa is trying to save. If he was giving internal monologues about how he brought it on himself I’d see cause for concern. But this isn’t any different than Priest having T’Challa shrug at W’Kabi’s xenophobic criticisms.
    THis is where I am at.

If Coates had that exact same moment, it would have ended with T'challa looking at the ground in despair and giving his "I don't wan it" jon snow speech.

T'challa here is getting "scolded" and just kinda moseys along lol. "eh didn't think much about that" and keeps on doing what he is doing.

I have no problem with a dude born of kings in a line of unbeaten kings, blessed by god(s), hanging out with superheroes.... being a little disconnected from his employees lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Even Backhand Barry gave T'Challa some lip....although that's how he got the name Backhand Barry.

Man, i tell you what

Back in the dizzay of "F MCU " after T'challa syndrome... i said I was still excited about XYZ movies and would still go watch. Just not BP2.

Flash forward... missed, Widow, Shang, and Eternals in theaters, but thought for sure id go see Spider-Man bc it won't be on D+.

But... no desire at all. Might just wait for Red Box instead. This ridiculousness literally straight up took a dump on my fandom. ANd I am someone that went to all opening nights + have the physical media at home lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, i tell you what

Back in the dizzay of "F MCU " after T'challa syndrome... i said I was still excited about XYZ movies and would still go watch. Just not BP2.

Flash forward... missed, Widow, Shang, and Eternals in theaters, but thought for sure id go see Spider-Man bc it won't be on D+.

But... no desire at all. Might just wait for Red Box instead. This ridiculousness literally straight up took a dump on my fandom. ANd I am someone that went to all opening nights + have the physical media at home lol

Same. And I love shang-chi but couldn't even bring myself to watch it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I started to watch SHang but I only got 5 mins in. It's not that I didn't want to watch it, I just didn't feel the hype. Same for Widow.

I'll probably watch them when the NFL season is over and network TV is boring again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I already have D+, bought it for 3 years when it was first announced plus I have kids and wife likes disney movies anyway so I have just watched the films there. Plus Mandolorian is dope.

Shang was good!

I started to watch SHang but I only got 5 mins in. It's not that I didn't want to watch it, I just didn't feel the hype. Same for Widow.

I'll probably watch them when the NFL season is over and network TV is boring again.
    That is hwere I am at with Hawkeye show.

There is just... other stuff I want to watch this month. Witcher starting today. Bobba Fett soon. I aint in no rush

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I already have D+, bought it for 3 years when it was first announced plus I have kids and wife likes disney movies anyway so I have just watched the films there. Plus Mandolorian is dope.

Shang was good!

That is hwere I am at with Hawkeye show.

There is just... other stuff I want to watch this month. Witcher starting today. Bobba Fett soon. I aint in no rush
    Dude, I'm so hype with Star Wars right now I feel like I'm 10 again.

Book of Boba Fett
    Mando Season 3
    Obi-Wan
    Ahsoka
    The Acolyte
    Andor
    Rumors of a Darth Maul series
    The Bad Batch Season 2

Nerdgasm is hard!!!!

Incredible Member

Tchalla being scolded was a thing in Priests run so that's nothing new.

Ultimate Member

I liked Shang-Chi and Widow (i liked Shang-Chi much more than Widow) but it just seems like (and for the first time) there's too much Marvel.

I actually struggle to get excited about the D+ plus programming. The Marvel shows have been good but it's all just a little much.

Then at the heart of it all, I have a fundamental problem with some of Marvel's decision-making. The T'Challa issue is just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I liked Shang-Chi and Widow (i liked Shang-Chi much more than Widow) but it just seems like (and for the first time) there's too much Marvel.

I actually struggle to get excited about the D+ plus programming. The Marvel shows have been good but it's all just a little much.

Then at the heart of it all, I have a fundamental problem with some of Marvel's decision-making. The T'Challa issue is just one of them.
    Yeah the MCU is slowly becoming like the comics. Just so much **** going on that you’re better off just sticking to characters that you’re really invested in. Lol.

Oh and we do have one actor coming out saying he’d love to play T’Challa after Chadwick. And this was a month before the Derrick Boseman interview.
    6F23ABBF-DF7B-43A9-8B3E-EA30A8F6AD56.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"