Page 980 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 480880930970976977978979980981982983984990 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 15079

I read the book today. Here's what I posted in the spoiler thread.

spoilers:
    I though the issue was pretty good overall. I agree that the Avengers should have never been brought up as suspects, Cap wouldn't allow something like that to happen. He would confront T'Challa directly.

I know some people brought up the idea of OC's talking to T'Challa with disrespect. The only thing I can think of these agents have been embedded for so long and indoctrinated in other cultures that they feel emboldened when T'Challa says time to come home. I'd also like to know how much contact T'Challa has had with these agents. If they didn't talk with him on a regular basis, maybe they felt neglected.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Considering that some of the older comics, particularly the Christopher Priest run, revealed that the Panther Habit could be cut if the blade went along the grain of its vibranium weave, I'd presume those assassins knew that weakness and took full advantage of it, and that their blades were at least partly composed of vibranium, either the Wakandan variant or the Antarctic/Savage Land variant.
    end of spoilers
    If you're gonna come gunning for an agent of Wakanda, having a method with which to deal with vibranium is only logical.

Do you guys think that vibranium being such a commonly used material for Wakandans diminishes its specialness? Should it be something restricted solely to the royal family?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do you guys think that vibranium being such a commonly used material for Wakandans diminishes its specialness? Should it be something restricted solely to the royal family?
    It shouldn't be. Wakandan military uses vibranium and the everyday ordinary Wakandan citizen probably uses some kind of vibranium tech. Some tech should be reserved for the royal family.

Right now, who is in charge of the vibranium resources? Does the royal family still have control or the new gov't? What about the Wakandan bank?

I don't think these questions will get addressed, frankly I don't want them to, but it does pose a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In universe,it makes since for everyone to have it

But imho... it sbould be royals and super high levels only. It makes better storytelling.

It is one of those "why doesnt bp give all the avengers vib suits and why doesn't tony make arnor fkr everyone things." Just bc its better to tell stories lol. F redshirts
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But imho... it sbould be royals and super high levels only. It makes better storytelling.

It is one of those "why doesnt bp give all the avengers vib suits and why doesn't tony make arnor fkr everyone things." Just bc its better to tell stories lol. F redshirts
    Funny enough, the latter point gets addressed somewhat in Tech-On Avengers, with Tony stating outright that he's keeping (some) things close to the vest regarding the fancy new IMS (Infinity Mirror Shards)-powered armors substituting for the Avengers' lost powers because the last time he wasn't so careful, it kicked off the disaster known (to us readers and fans, at least) as the Armor Wars. And yeah, Black Panther not giving vibranium-weave suits to all the Avengers has a perfectly valid in-universe explanation, namely that it's a precious resource for his country and people that he thus guards very carefully to prevent it from being misused or turned against them by bad actors.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I’ve been thinking of a way that Kiber could be revamped. Let me know what y’all think about it.

Kiber would keep the things we know about him such as his genius level intellect, his island, his energy absorption, and his army of robots. His energy projection powers would also be upgraded to hard light illusions that he can cast anywhere on the planet. It’s like the illusion trick Luke Skywalker pulled in TLJ and Doombots rolled into one. But here’s where the revamp comes. Kiber is a man who’s disgruntled at the way the planet is slowly going to ruin, so he decides to develop AI to run the world. Surprisingly, he himself doesn’t want to take over the world but he sees this as a twisted way to make the world better. Now before you say sky net, it’s not that simple. You see instead of going after all humans, Kiber develops this AI to take out all politicians on earth so that way the AI can run all the worlds governments without interference. Kibers reasoning for this is that time and again politicians promise certain things that their citizens want while on the campaign trail only to get in office and do almost none of it while doing things that benefit themselves, thus his conclusion is that humans operate on emotion and therefore the world needs leadership that runs solely on logic.

And you can probably guess how that causes him to ultimately trade blows with T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’ve been thinking of a way that Kiber could be revamped. Let me know what y’all think about it.

Kiber would keep the things we know about him such as his genius level intellect, his island, his energy absorption, and his army of robots. His energy projection powers would also be upgraded to hard light illusions that he can cast anywhere on the planet. It’s like the illusion trick Luke Skywalker pulled in TLJ and Doombots rolled into one. But here’s where the revamp comes. Kiber is a man who’s disgruntled at the way the planet is slowly going to ruin, so he decides to develop AI to run the world. Surprisingly, he himself doesn’t want to take over the world but he sees this as a twisted way to make the world better. Now before you say sky net, it’s not that simple. You see instead of going after all humans, Kiber develops this AI to take out all politicians on earth so that way the AI can run all the worlds governments without interference. Kibers reasoning for this is that time and again politicians promise certain things that their citizens want while on the campaign trail only to get in office and do almost none of it while doing things that benefit themselves, thus his conclusion is that humans operate on emotion and therefore the world needs leadership that runs solely on logic.

And you can probably guess how that causes him to ultimately trade blows with T’Challa.
    They did a similar story in the Avengers with the Vision. He took over the worlds computer to rule everything because the thought he could run the world and prevent wars and suffering. He got the idea from the Eternals computer ISAAC.

That's what led the gov't of the world to go after him and take him completely apart which resulted in the Scarlet Witch having a breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I would have it like RJ did on KiB. The soldiers have a vibranium alloy. Not as strong as a pure vibranium habit, but very strong. Pure vibranium is reserved for the Royal family and T'Challas personal tech. Everything will have vibranium in it, but very rarely is it 100% pure solid vibranium. There's a reason they have been mining it for 10k years and have barely scratched the surface. Even a mountain isn't infinite so they don't use it recklessly

1CAB643C-7481-477F-987B-0EBD998F88F3.jpg
    From E-Mans livestream. Happening on Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 12-24-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

-Has there ever been an Armor Wars style story arc for T'Challa wherein someone(s) was misusing his tech and he had to travel around the globe to stop them?

-Has there been any comic that explained how Wakandan economy works? If Vibranium is valued over a billion and Wakanda is the richest nation in the world, they must have sold it to somebody. Or is Wakanda a completely self sustaining nation?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -Has there ever been an Armor Wars style story arc for T'Challa wherein someone(s) was misusing his tech and he had to travel around the globe to stop them?

-Has there been any comic that explained how Wakandan economy works? If Vibranium is valued over a billion and Wakanda is the richest nation in the world, they must have sold it to somebody. Or is Wakanda a completely self sustaining nation?
    This is why we need a slice of life comic, because we’re 50 years in and still don’t know about stuff like how the economy works or what holidays the Wakandans celebrate.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Doomwar seems to be the closest we've ever gotten to an Armor War story arc.

Other than that, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 12-24-2021 at 04:58 AM.

The BP movie was pretty close to it. Comic wise probably Doom Won like Dboi654 said.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Really dug this issue. Honestly enjoyed the first and second issue. Art is great too. My o my complaint, and this is my personal taste, is that I wish that they kept T’Challa with the bearded look, but that’s just me. These two issues really feel like a “Priest” era comic, which isn’t a bad thing. Kinda like a mix between Huldin and Priest actually, which I dig. I hope the covers keep the legacy numbering underneath the current numbering.
    Same here & BP definitely should be drawn with some facial hair/beard