Page 989 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 489889939979985986987988989990991992993999 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,835 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Im not on twitter. So Eyzo, BlackClaw, etc if you are I wish someone would call out these guys on this.

Darth Kriss
    @insanityreport
    It really is callous as fuck to be demanding Disney recast tchalla so soon after the sudden passing of Boseman. Of course they’ll recast in the future. But these assholes have been calling for it since the day Boseman died. Stop it

Darth Kriss
    @insanityreport
    Did anyone stop and think that maybe they’re not even thinking about it right now out of respect for the cast who REALLY had deep emotional ties to Boseman? Hell some of the execs did too.

Like fuck man. Relax and stop

Muhammad Butt
    @muhammadbutt
    Replying to
    @insanityreport
    it’s the kind of scumbag behaviour I’d expect from Sn*der cultists. absolutely embarrassing.
    https://twitter.com/muhammadbutt/sta...49950501302278

Shas get the most, not the lesserSmirking face
    @onestarr23
    Replying to
    @insanityreport
    People keep acting like T'Challa is a role where you can just plug and play. It's not. Disney is not trying to role the dice on it. Chadwick was an integral part of creating the onscreen T'challa. It will not be easy to find someone to stand in that and build on it.

They talk about the callous fans and yet not one of them mentions how the studio literally pushed the movie back just 3 months after Boseman's passing. If it was really about caring then they would have halted production for a year to let everyone grieve instead of just carrying on.
    Lmao, if they took time to read the damn petition they’d already know that we aren’t calling for an immediate recast.

“Of course they’ll recast in the future.” We don’t know that for sure, especially with Nate Moore out here saying you won’t see T’Challa in “MCU 616”, and that this movie will give the audience “catharsis”, and Winston Duke saying that some parts of the script were “triggering”. Best to let Marvel know that getting rid of T’Challa permanently ain’t the move when his story just got started.

But whatever, the man’s family came out and said that Chadwick would’ve wanted the character to live on and that’s ultimately what matters at the end of the day. There’s nothing left to debate about at this point and I don’t have the energy for it so what’s best now is to keep spreading the message so that E-Man can get on bigger outlets and get more people on our side.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That may very well be. But we're still in a situation where random people make oracular statements based on "sources" and drop them into the fandom like sodium in water. The movie hasn't even finished filming... we don't even have a TRAILER, and people are already assuming they know EXACTLY what will happen. And usually getting angry about it, because some guy with "sources" says so! Yay!

Then you have the other!fans, who don't give a flying Fugazi about the movie, as long as they can somehow twist it into "The next MCU film is going to introduce my fave character!" Storm, Namor, Doom, bloody Squirrel Girl for all I know. It doesn't matter that we haven't seen them in concept art or set photos. They are in the movie, because Comics™. Just like Swordsman trained Hawkeye, and ended up betraying him.

Oh wait, that didn't happen. Maybe it was Mephisto! He's behind everything, right? I saw it in a comic, so it MUST be true!

Don't get me wrong... fan speculation is fine. When it becomes unhealthy is when people let their speculation drive their opinions.

"T'Challa is dead in BP2! I'm boycotting all further MCU projects!"

No. He isn't. He MAY be. It's even probable, unless the movie is being retooled during this hiatus. But assuming speculation as truth always seems to lead to disappointment & anger. And that just makes for a more toxic fandom.

(The only thing more annoying is when people grab the tiniest fact and extrapolate huge details. "John Boyega said the word 'vibe' in an interview for a Polish fansite! It must be a hint that he's playing Vibraxas! I wonder who they'll get for QDJ?")
    I'm just here to watch the world burn at this point lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Surely they are getting the Dora's confused right... surely they aren't burning down EVERYTHING from the first movie... right...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So much for Coel playing Aneka.
    Eh. To be fair I remember initial onset reports saying that Okoye and Ayo was flirting.

From 2017 when Marvel was showing footage to critics.
    Tashmas Christmas treePoultry legCocktail glass
    @leedslassy_17
    We get Okoye and Ayo dancing and flirting and kicking arse this makes me so happy i just want this and the whole film now NOW!!

I think W'Kabi/Okoye was something added in reshoots.

So its possible they either have them doing that again or its Okoye/Aneka. Unless them flirting was to hint at the fractured relationship she had with W'Kabi.

Still weird since Ayo is right there for them to have that with Aneka.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-29-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So While I understand what your saying about not taking every little leak as gospel and getting up in arms. Some things, like the future of T'Challa (unless they are using this hiatus to rewrite some stuff) one can pretty much say they are writing off the sequel unless there's some word of T'Challa not dying
    The way I see it, there's as much evidence for T'Challa dying as there is for him being MIA. And I figure odds for a mid-credits swerve are pretty high.

I just refuse to get excited about rumors & supposition. Lets me sleep better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Im not on twitter. So Eyzo, BlackClaw, etc if you are I wish someone would call out these guys on this.

They talk about the callous fans and yet not one of them mentions how the studio literally pushed the movie back just 3 months after Boseman's passing. If it was really about caring then they would have halted production for a year to let everyone grieve instead of just carrying on.
    Yet how many of THEM were all SET for Shuri to take over? MINUTES after Boseman died????

And to think it’s gonna flop just cause they didn’t recast? Smh. As if the reason BP did so well was because of the entire black ass world they built and not just one character.
    What black world did that movie build????

I believe Stan Lee, Kirby, MucDuffie, Hudlin, G Willow Wilson, Tom Brevoort and Priest built up Wakanda way more than that movie.

And you don't get a Black Panther movie without T'CHALLA.

Lets remove him from CA Civil War-his Dad gets shot after Wakandans had been killed earlier. Who goes after Winter Solider from Wakanda? The Dora Milaje to get killed off?

If Marvel had no fears of flopping Namor nor Ironheart would be in the cast. With Killmonger rumored. Show me in that cast who could lead that movie?

Yall do know that Twitter person is an X-MEN fan. So there is an AGENDA.

The way I see it, there's as much evidence for T'Challa dying as there is for him being MIA. And I figure odds for a mid-credits swerve are pretty high.

I just refuse to get excited about rumors & supposition. Lets me sleep better.
    I feel, given the words of the people actually involved and not leakers, that him dying has more swing. Being catharsis from Moore, the triggering moment's from Winston. The no More of this T'Challa more Moore. It points to death, not MIA. Because mis means we would see him again because there's nothing keeping him away and nothing final.

Of course I would love to be 10/% wrong, it's just their WORDS especially when the announcement of no recast Feige threw in retrofitted words that Wakanda was always the focus and not T'Challa, going on to contradict himself. Doesn't give me confidence they are going to actually keep the T'Challa Chad started

Ultimate Member

This is where things get complicated.

The writer Owsley fired from the book? Tom DeFalco, who was the editor when Roger Stern (creator of Hobgoblin) was on the book & became EiC of Marvel two months later....

So this is the breakdown:

Riger Stern created Hobby while DeFalco edited him. He had an idea who the villain was.
    Stern quits (to write Avengers) and DeFalco takes over the book. Since writers can't edit themselves (a Jim Shooter directive) Owsley started as editor. Tom didn't like Roger's plan, so he started writing the book with a second candidtae in mind.
    DeFalco & Owsley don't get along, and (depending on who you talk to) there was either major miscommunication or active malice, leading to Owsley taking over the books for an arc, and revealing Leeds as the Hobgoblin (who was neither Stern nor DeFalco's actual choice).
    DeFalco becomes EiC. Owsley leaves Marvel (these two facts may or may not be related).
    Years later, Stern is allowed to tell the story he planned all along.

It's truly a mess, and nobody is entirely innocent.
    He was ready to quit comics at that time.

I think that was around the time Shooter got the ax.

Larry Hamma got him the Conan book (with his first issue cover drawn by some guy named Jim Lee) and he was at DC doing Action Comics where he killed off John Stewart's wife.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With Kang in the mix I’m not going to freak out just yet over this, but it’s basically the opposite of what most people here are hoping for lmao.

Edit:
    spoilers:
    Ok I just read the leak and it looks more like Shuri is taking over the role again, that’s Shuri’s costume. Fuck I hope it’s just a time travel gimmick or whatever and not her actually taking the BP book.
    end of spoilers
    And when sales TANK because the ones who want that mess don't BUY the books whose fault will it be?

Oh that's right OUR fault for not support black girl magic.

Peter just got replaced by Otto and now Ben, I'd probably drop comics if they pull that.Feeling similar w/ BP
    Big difference we will still see Peter lead books. T'Challa? Another story.

Shocked they aren't trying to replace Peter with Danielle Cage. She has been almost everyone except Peter or Tony Stark or the Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Shocked they aren't trying to replace Peter with Danielle Cage. She has been almost everyone except Peter or Tony Stark or the Hulk.
    He's not leading one rn...

Also he's the single biggest Marvel characters, hence why he gets so many comics

And I stand by the fact that any attempts to replace T'Challa and/or Peter will always fail

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Also he's the single biggest Marvel characters, hence why he gets so many comics

And I stand by the fact that any attempts to replace T'Challa and/or Peter will always fail
    Given current circumstances I hope you’re right on the former. If only Redjack can elaborate on that cryptic post he made a while back. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And when sales TANK because the ones who want that mess don't BUY the books whose fault will it be?

Oh that's right OUR fault for not support black girl magic.

Well I expect T'Challa to still be around, even with this teaser,

spoilers:
    unless the new hero rising up to defend Wakanda as stated in Ridleys solicits is this female character shown in the timeless one shot. But that still doesn't make sense because replacing the titles character at the start of their series is incredibly stupid and would only cause issues and kill the book. Plus with JA still using T'Challa I still think he will be safe
    end of spoilers

I honestly don't hate Black girl magic, but the problem with it is that it's used as a weapon against Black males instead of used as a call for equal representation. It is always one or the other with black people and the sooner people realize this and push to change it, the better. Keep black panther focused on T'Challa and demand better representation for Shuri, Okoye, Storm, Misty etc. That DOESN'T rely on trying to shit on Black men

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well I expect T'Challa to still be around, even with this teaser,

spoilers:
    unless the new hero rising up to defend Wakanda as stated in Ridleys solicits is this female character shown in the timeless one shot. But that still doesn't make sense because replacing the titles character at the start of their series is incredibly stupid and would only cause issues and kill the book. Plus with JA still using T'Challa I still think he will be safe
    end of spoilers

I honestly don't hate Black girl magic, but the problem with it is that it's used as a weapon against Black males instead of used as a call for equal representation. It is always one or the other with black people and the sooner people realize this and push to change it, the better. Keep black panther focused on T'Challa and demand better representation for Shuri, Okoye, Storm, Misty etc. That DOESN'T rely on trying to shit on Black men
    The new hero Ridley’s introducing was described as a “he” so I’m guessing they’re male but honestly you never know these days lol. I don’t see why they’d put a new panther (male or female) in a suit we’ve already seen, a new BP would more than likely get their own suit to distinguish themselves.

Ridley’s track record with OCs isn’t bad so assuming this new Wakandan hero isn’t taking the mantle I’ll be happy. Omolola is pretty cool even though we haven’t seen much. And Lord knows that T’Challa’s male supporting cast could use some beefing up with all the focus that’s been put on Shuri, the Dora Milaje, and Storm as of late. A Red Hood-like character to help T’Challa take down this new League of Assassins-like threat could be really dope.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Once again WHY complain when he will be used in something and mainly as a lead.

We don't have that option.

Miguel O'Hara, Miles & May Parker say Peter can be replaced and be successful.

Or are we going to forget those 3 account for almost 300 solo issues.

While Black Panther Shuri couldn't make issue 13.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The new hero Ridley’s introducing was described as a “he” so I’m guessing they’re male but honestly you never know these days lol. I don’t see why they’d put a new panther (male or female) in a suit we’ve already seen, a new BP would more than likely get their own suit to distinguish themselves.

Ridley’s track record with OCs isn’t bad so assuming this new Wakandan hero isn’t taking the mantle I’ll be happy. Omolola is pretty cool even though we haven’t seen much. And Lord knows that T’Challa’s male supporting cast could use some beefing up with all the focus that’s been put on Shuri, the Dora Milaje, and Storm as of late. A Red Hood-like character to help T’Challa take down this new League of Assassins-like threat could be really dope.
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to replace T'Challa as BP. Introducing another Wakandan hero could be an opportunity to at least do a mini if not another ongoing featuring these other characters. Maybe that's what Wakanda Forever will be focused on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Im pretty much done talking about MCU TChalla here til the movie comes out. Too many leaks, and I'm trying to dodge them.

I'm late af but I read issue 2 of the new run. I liked it quite a bit. I dont really have much in the way of complaints. Tchalla is very cool here, and likeable, Ridley wasn't kidding about that James Bond influence. Also done mind not getting a reveal already, I'm in no rush as long as the jndivdual issues are enjoyable reads. I really enjoyed the fight sequence and even if TChalla got tagged he turned it around very nicely. Next issue can't come soon enough. Also that Alex Ross cover was better than the variants and I need it as a wallpaper.
    Yea I don’t think the story has been slow or anything but mysteries are always hurt the more you drag them out so I hope Ridley plans on dropping some bombshell info soon. If not a reveal at least let us know what these guys want or how they’ve armed themselves. I’d prefer this not become a 6+ issue mystery because I can’t think of a single time a writer has stuck the landing when that happens.

That fight sequence was beautiful, I agree. Because of how much focus we get on T’Challa’s kinetic energy powers it seems like it’s become more of a rarity to see T’Challa demonstrate some solid H2H. And I like that Ridley didn’t shy away from the brutality that entails. Really there’s a lot to be happy about with this comic. Outside some disrespect from the spies and the complete lack of details about the enemy, there’s not much to complain about IMO. If Ridley’s reveal is good/great this could be the best BP-centric arc in years.