Page 990 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4908909409809869879889899909919929939941000 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Now maybe this is Sony producers, idk. However, goodness does every side character need to have powers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to replace T'Challa as BP. Introducing another Wakandan hero could be an opportunity to at least do a mini if not another ongoing featuring these other characters. Maybe that's what Wakanda Forever will be focused on.
    Not to mention the Warriors of Wakanda book that’s gonna be coming out soon. If this new character is meant to be a big part of Ridley’s run then I think there’s a good chance they may be one of, if not the headlining character of that spin-off series.

Going by the name, I t’s likely gonna be an ensemble and I could definitely see the new character, Shuri, and a couple other Wakandans like Vibraxas and Okoye get some shine there. The movie will be coming out around then so I imagine we’re gonna be getting a bunch of BP-related minis and one shots for the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I don’t think the story has been slow or anything but mysteries are always hurt the more you drag them out so I hope Ridley plans on dropping some bombshell info soon. If not a reveal at least let us know what these guys want or how they’ve armed themselves. I’d prefer this not become a 6+ issue mystery because I can’t think of a single time a writer has stuck the landing when that happens.

That fight sequence was beautiful, I agree. Because of how much focus we get on T’Challa’s kinetic energy powers it seems like it’s become more of a rarity to see T’Challa demonstrate some solid H2H. And I like that Ridley didn’t shy away from the brutality that entails. Really there’s a lot to be happy about with this comic. Outside some disrespect from the spies and the complete lack of details about the enemy, there’s not much to complain about IMO. If Ridley’s reveal is good/great this could be the best BP-centric arc in years.
    To me at least, the villains are a credible threat. I'll repeat what I said before: These assassins are going after Wakandan spies. To do that you have to be extremely skilled and confident. You also have to know that you will eventually have to face the Black Panther. Even though there is little known about the assassins and who is behind it, this is the platform/basis where I'm starting from.

Even if we don't get the reveal about the main baddie right away, I'm cool with that because whether they reveal the main bad now or three issues from now, what's important is how T'Challa looks at the end of the first arc. How does he beat the bad guy? Is it decisive and clear cut? Did he take an ass-beating? Did he get lectured while taking an ass-beating? I want a worthy villain, decisive wins, some good H2H skills showing, throw some subtle cockiness in there and good art.

Not to mention the Warriors of Wakanda book that’s gonna be coming out soon. If this new character is meant to be a big part of Ridley’s run then I think there’s a good chance they may be one of, if not the headlining character of that spin-off series.

Going by the name, I t’s likely gonna be an ensemble and I could definitely see the new character, Shuri, and a couple other Wakandans like Vibraxas and Okoye get some shine there. The movie will be coming out around then so I imagine we’re gonna be getting a bunch of BP-related minis and one shots for the next 2 years.
    That's what I meant, Warriors of Wakanda.

So as long as that’s where the side characters can get some spotlight without stepping on T’Challas toes then I’m here for it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

To me at least, the villains are a credible threat. I'll repeat what I said before: These assassins are going after Wakandan spies. To do that you have to be extremely skilled and confident. You also have to know that you will eventually have to face the Black Panther. Even though there is little known about the assassins and who is behind it, this is the platform/basis where I'm starting from.

Even if we don't get the reveal about the main baddie right away, I'm cool with that because whether they reveal the main bad now or three issues from now, what's important is how T'Challa looks at the end of the first arc. How does he beat the bad guy? Is it decisive and clear cut? Did he take an ass-beating? Did he get lectured while taking an ass-beating? I want a worthy villain, decisive wins, some good H2H skills showing, throw some subtle cockiness in there and good art.
    I don’t think the lack of info two issues in is a problem, just like how it’s not a big deal some agents are upset T’Challa’s asking them to uproot roughly a decade of their lives away from Wakanda. But I could see how it could annoy some people. Agree 100% these guys feel formidable. Didn’t Shuri do a breakdown of the martial arts the assassins used when she went to Chile? We know there’s something unique about their armor otherwise Ridley wouldn’t have pointed it out.

T’Challa has got to be aware these guys are highly trained and well equipped while knowing how he thinks by now. This is an entirely different mold of villain he’s gone up against and I’m excited to see where Ridley takes it even if I have my fears based on the last few years. The journey so far has been decent and I’m liking T’Challa’s voice here a lot, there’s a sense of agency and eagerness that we haven’t seen from T’Challa in a long time.

Anyone think we can get to 1000 pages before the end of the year? Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    With about 2 1/3 days left? It would be hard to do.

If we get some interesting news worth talking about then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Or just something to complain about.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

With about 2 1/3 days left? It would be hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Or just something to complain about.
    This. All this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

challenge accepted

The J-man

Kevin Feige Talks Black Panther And Why Marvel Movies Always Struggle To Land Oscar Noms
    https://www.cinemablend.com/superher...and-oscar-noms

hmmm
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Kevin Feige Talks Black Panther And Why Marvel Movies Always Struggle To Land Oscar Noms

hmmm
    All that I wanna hear from that dude is how they are on top of the need to bring the King back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

hmmm
    The only thing regarding the franchise I want to hear from him is bringing back T'Challa