Page 993 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4938939439839899909919929939949959969971003 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,895 of 15079

Lmaoo

Hickman’s panther was cool

Lol...poor Black Dwarf. You didn't even get the dignity of being beat on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I actually like the tech that Hickman used in New Avengers:

Cloaking, teleportation, shields looks like enhanced speed. It's like he took Shadow Physics to the next level and made it something that T'Challa could actually incorporate into his fighting style.
    Loved Epting’s take on Panther. Shame we only got him drawing BP as part of a team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, if he hit's someone I'd like to think the punch alone is enough to do damage without the vibration. And the farce push doesn't make you faster.

And then there is the issue of consistency. When he doesn't use the farce push in every situation, we'll all be wondering why.
    It's all about set up. And I would save it for bigger threats of multiple opponents. Goon slame Gary's don't need to be force pushed because it WILL kill them. Cap and others could survive it but they are going to be HURTIN. Black dwarf, Namor etc. Will be each Force punches and kicks for sure. And how JA had T'Challa using it to increase his speed is EXACTLY the type of creative thinking people should be using. Same with how RJ used it. Coates only once used it in a creative way in T'Challas fight against stane where he transferred it through the floor to knock him into the air. That's creative use of it. All the examples above are how it should be used by all writers including Ridley as well as other unique ways.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Lmaoo

Hickman’s panther was cool
    I really, really wanted a Hickman BP book.

Ultimate Member

If only....
    After this glorious depiction, we got the travesty that was his solo title.

Where he struggled with "Goon Slam Gary" and the likes.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-29-2021 at 07:05 PM.

My position on Panther's loadout has not changed: Less is more.

It's the overreliance on pulling out fancy gadgets that lead to the idea that T'Challa's intellect is tech-based.

So without the farce push, T'Challa just gets punked. He managed to dodge and was quicker than Spider-Man without the farce push. He took a hit from a Phoenix powered Namor and survived without the farce push. He beat Karnak without the farce push.

I go back to my comment about consistency, someone correct me if I'm wrong but outside of the BP solo and the KiB one-shot by Redjack, no one is showing BP using the farce push. Not in Avengers, not in Empyre, not in War of the Realms. No one else is using it, not even the current writer.
    Ja has had him use it plenty through out his run. It's a tool that gives him a consistent way to fight above his weight class that scales depending on the opponent, the stronger they are the more damage he can dish back. But it just like the habit, why dodge when it absorbed energy anyways?

Coates showed us the wrong Way to use it. RJ, JA, everywhere else in the 616, and the MCU has shown the right way to use it. Don't use things in excess and it's never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    My position on Panther's loadout has not changed: Less is more.

It's the overreliance on pulling out fancy gadgets that lead to the idea that T'Challa's intellect is tech-based.
    Habit
    Kimoyo
    Daggers
    Claws
    Force push
    Energy Damp boots.

Standard, simple, and you have MULTIPLE functions as we have seen by multiple writers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's all about set up. And I would save it for bigger threats of multiple opponents. Goon slame Gary's don't need to be force pushed because it WILL kill them. Cap and others could survive it but they are going to be HURTIN. Black dwarf, Namor etc. Will be each Force punches and kicks for sure. And how JA had T'Challa using it to increase his speed is EXACTLY the type of creative thinking people should be using. Same with how RJ used it. Coates only once used it in a creative way in T'Challas fight against stane where he transferred it through the floor to knock him into the air. That's creative use of it. All the examples above are how it should be used by all writers including Ridley as well as other unique ways.
    Like I said though, no one outside of a BP solo or one-shot is using the farce push. And I think some aspects that we're attributing to the farce push actually started with Priest, energy daggers for example. They can be configurated into any form the Panther wants to use, sword, dagger, staff, etc.. That's a more impressive offensive weapon to me than the fp and has far greater range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ja has had him use it plenty through out his run. It's a tool that gives him a consistent way to fight above his weight class that scales depending on the opponent, the stronger they are the more damage he can dish back. But it just like the habit, why dodge when it absorbed energy anyways?

Coates showed us the wrong Way to use it. RJ, JA, everywhere else in the 616, and the MCU has shown the right way to use it. Don't use things in excess and it's never a problem.
    I think JA's use is more of a reconfiguration of the energy daggers than the farce push.

If only....
    Those gauntlets

Extraordinary Member

Hickman got BP

The hot takes in this thread are never dull, I'll give 'em that!

If only....
    My personal favorite bit of Hickman tech.