Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    Hmm.. this topic is interesting to me. Storm is the most important black female superhero, and in much of the art marvel has put out of her, she could pass for a white woman with a tan . The straight hair and blue eyes help a lot to create that perception imo . So yes, while her hair and eyes are too iconic now to change them, and I have no idea of knowing what exactly the intention was when she was created, I sometimes wish artists gave her some different hairstyles. She could absolutely rock some braids . Give her some african-inspired touches to her outfits, these sorts of things. Representation is important and I think a lot of the times Marvel could do a better job with Storm's imagery to achieve that.
    This point is spot on! I think even though Storm is a black character her depiction at times from a canonical perspective was conveyed to indicate otherwise. Anyone who would suggest that people are idiotic for being aware of the instances in canon that actually support such claims are the ones who appear as such.

This following scan caused many within the fandom to make the argument she was not black:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-26-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!