Page 368 of 772 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    As the always on top of things ButterflyKyss informed us, this week's AIPT had some info on Storm. Here is the link. Enjoy the read!

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/28/x-...e-gala-week-4/
    thnks boo. was hoping for a solo announcement but thus is still great news. she's going to be in wonderful hands with Ewing so that is most exciting
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thnks boo. was hoping for a solo announcement but thus is still great news. she's going to be in wonderful hands with Ewing so that is most exciting
    You're welcome.

I am also exited that she's in Ewing's hands. I've enjoyed S.W.O.R.D. so for as his writing style is great for me. I think I am going to add his guardians of the galaxy to my (electronic) pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    You're welcome.

I am also exited that she's in Ewing's hands. I've enjoyed S.W.O.R.D. so for as his writing style is great for me. I think I am going to add his guardians of the galaxy to my (electronic) pull list.
    I've throughly enjoyed Ewing as well and this was before storm was ever announced or hinted to be in his book. gotg is a good read so I don't think you will go wrong putting that on your pull list. I'm very interested to see what big players Hickman will have her interact with. im hoping this title will give visibility to the character and recognition she deserves beyond just the xfans. she should really be one of the faces of marvel so hopefully this is a step in that direction
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I've throughly enjoyed Ewing as well and this was before storm was ever announced or hinted to be in his book. gotg is a good read so I don't think you will go wrong putting that on your pull list. I'm very interested to see what big players Hickman will have her interact with. im hoping this title will give visibility to the character and recognition she deserves beyond just the xfans. she should really be one of the faces of marvel so hopefully this is a step in that direction
    Honestly this be a really good opportunity to expand her Rogue gallery it's in dire need of an upgrade and if I see Storm fighting Shadow King or Callisto one more time im gonna pull my hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly this be a really good opportunity to expand her Rogue gallery it's in dire need of an upgrade and if I see Storm fighting Shadow King or Callisto one more time im gonna pull my hair out.

its so true and hilarious at the same time. she definitely needs this. I think death would be a nice rogue even though she already gave him the business without breaking a sweat. this will for certain put a target on her back by what I presume to be some powerful entities in the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Moonstone
    Blackout
    Morgan Le Fey
    Enchantress
    High Evolutionary

They don't even need to be regulars. And I did recall that I made a statement awhile back about Storm having a seat on Arakkpo's council. They did one better and made her the head. Good work X-writers.

Now follow it up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What I'm most looking forward to and appreciate is her being part of Ewing's Cosmic MU. I think she felt as though the Earth had become too "small" for her...and I feel the same.
    I'm not so hung-up on seeing her flexing her powers on a larger scale as I'm interested in seeing her interact with beings in a whole new context and environment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

its so true and hilarious at the same time. she definitely needs this. I think death would be a nice rogue even though she already gave him the business without breaking a sweat. this will for certain put a target on her back by what I presume to be some powerful entities in the cosmos.
    Once again i feel the way they overpowered her over the years without any serious such opposition to evolve alongside it makes it all the more difficult to create enemies for her now who not only feel like they are capable enough to counter her raw power (not necessarily by equal power), but also interesting enough to stick around.

Not helped by that Ororo being primarily defined as a mutant hero, who i feel are very urban as concept and in pop culture (meaning the current direction is not where i think they will stick for long), also means that despite her power, space is not were one can really create many lasting challengers for her, as she is not a cosmic character by nature and therefor won't be there often enough over the comming years.

Basicly it feels a bit like trying to create a rogue gallery from this current status quo would come too little too late.

But that's just my viewpoint.

Talking about failed challengers though. I recently saw a livestream where among other things Storm as regent of Mars was discussed. Someone in chat quickly mentioned that "she once ripped someones heart out" as example of her not being afraid to get her hands dirty.

I know it's not as referenced or remembered as her fight with Callisto, but it's somewhat amusing that that scene seems to still have stuck around as example of why nobody should mess with her, just because of how over the top and 90's the whole thing was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Once again i feel the way they overpowered her over the years without any serious such opposition to evolve alongside it makes it all the more difficult to create enemies for her now who not only feel like they are capable enough to counter her raw power (not necessarily by equal power), but also interesting enough to stick around.

Not helped by that Ororo being primarily defined as a mutant hero, who i feel are very urban as concept and in pop culture (meaning the current direction is not where i think they will stick for long), also means that despite her power, space is not were one can really create many lasting challengers for her, as she is not a cosmic character by nature and therefor won't be there often enough over the comming years.

Basicly it feels a bit like trying to create a rogue gallery from this current status quo would come too little too late.

Talking about failed challengers though. I recently saw a livestream where among other things Storm as regent of Mars was discussed. Someone in chat quickly mentioned that "she once ripped someones heart out" as example of her not being afraid to get her hands dirty.

I know it's not as referenced or remembered as her fight with Callisto, but it's somewhat amusing that that scene seems to still have stuck around as example of why nobody should mess with her, just because of how over the top and 90's the whole thing was.
    Shooot she straight up shanked a guys eye out in Maurauders lmao Storm is the HBIC

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

1. Question, what era (years) was she overpowered? Lobdell seemed to actually nerf the character after Claremont stopped writing her and she was mostly lightning lass throughout the 2000s. There were certainly some outlier moments of power but it wasn't anything that was consistently depicted as such .

2. Ororo, believe it or not, powers are at their fullest in space and it allows for her to be a cosmic character. It is a misconception that because there is no atmosphere or weather she is not well-suited in this setting but that isn't canonically sound:

3. Her fight with Callisto occurred in the 80s and it aligned with her inner turmoil resulting from her inability to communicate with the planet and utilize her powers after the brood saga. I don’t think it was over the top but it made sense considering how unstable things was in her life at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Moonstone
    Blackout
    Morgan Le Fey
    Enchantress
    High Evolutionary

They don't even need to be regulars. And I did recall that I made a statement awhile back about Storm having a seat on Arakkpo's council. They did one better and made her the head. Good work X-writers.

Now follow it up.
    This is a great list.

I was SO disappointed that Woods never did anything with the Black Queen / Storm rivalry he started. That could have been epic. And it would have caused some delicious friction now on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Moonstone
    Blackout
    Morgan Le Fey
    Enchantress
    High Evolutionary

Now follow it up.
    these sound like they would definitely be a problem for storm, high evolutionary.... yes

Astonishing Member

1. Question, what era (years) was she overpowered? Lobdell seemed to actually nerf the character after Claremont stopped writing her and she was mostly lightning lass throughout the 2000s. There were certainly some outlier moments of power but it wasn't anything that was consistently depicted as such .
    I got the impression that since the later 2000's early 2010's writer begann to more and more substitute giving her characterization with just having her do something impressive and then putting her on the backburner again to occasionaly do some "lightning lass" things, because apparently they didn't knew what to do with her as character anymore.

However i can't specifically pinpoint the exact stories i admit, so you may chalk that up as simply me having the wrong impression or being unintentionaly arrogant to great moments which didn't involve her zapping someone or doing something overly elaborate with her powers.

2. Ororo, believe it or not, powers are at their fullest in space and it allows for her to be a cosmic character. It is a misconception that because there is no atmosphere or weather she is not well-suited in this setting but that isn't canonically sound:
    I'm actualy aware of that since a long time ago (since the mid 2000's). Which at the time actualy made me laugh, because i didn't expect someone would have expanded her powers to be able to manipulate "metaphorical" weather like solar wind too and then provided further explanations and expansion.

Though i didn't reject that, it just made me laugh, because it was such a cape comic thing to do.

Also while the official powers may give her a suitable role in space, the way her pop culture image works makes me think she isn't bound for it in the long run.

To put it bluntly. Superman may have adventures in space, but sooner or later he is back on Earth in Metropolis, despite actualy being an alien, because that's where his pop culture image places him. The Guardians of the Galaxy may have adventures on Earth but ultimately their pop culture image puts them back in space.
    And then there are characters like the various Green Laterns who are free to be both Earth bound or in space traveling heros depending on what their respective series at the time focues on.

Storm meanwhile, as far as i can see is an earth bound character by her pop culture image. So while you may throw her in space, eventualy she will drop back to earth, because that's where the common expectation for the character is. Because that's how she and the X-men in general were centered for decades.

Does that mean she can't become a character like Green Lantern who is expected to work equaly in both worlds? Of course she can. But i feel it's an uphill battle against her own pop culture image and it will not only take years of the comics holding her up there, but also video games, toys, cartoons and other media which a much more broader audience consumes to change her image.

The better a character is known outside the comics, the less free they are to change or be altered in completely new ways and have it stick. That's an easy to recognize pattern.

Though if someone can convince Marvel Studios to do a "Storm and the Heros of S.W.O.R.D." cartoon show (without the Krakoa status quo) and make it good and sell toys, i think that could do wonders to establish her as a space heroine too.

... Damn. Now i really would like to see such a cartoon. What would it's theme song be like?

3. Her fight with Callisto occurred in the 80s and it aligned with her inner turmoil resulting from her inability to communicate with the planet and utilize her powers after the brood saga. I don’t think it was over the top but it made sense considering how unstable things was in her life at that point
    I was refering to her fight in Uncanny X-men 325, because it was about her ripping someone's heart out. Again Callisto vs. Storm is still the more iconic moment. But the heart removale scene seems to become a pretty populat triva to bring up regarding what Storm is capable of when pushed.

Because of how over the top it sounds, especialy for a character usualy associated with elegance and heroism, even when handling knives.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-28-2021 at 01:27 PM.

With Storm going out into space, I really hope we don't see garbage like this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    With Storm going out into space, I really hope we don't see garbage like this anymore.
    I thought I burned all copies of this issues...damn digital.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.