Page 87 of 772 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The May Marauders solicit suggest a future solo. Or just referencing her going to Children of the Atom.
    I hope she gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    She was in an issue with jean and scott and she devoured them completly in every possible matter, that's AN IMPROVEMENT
    Our girl did just body that issue. Such a rare occurrence in post-Claremont X-Men. Hickman's Storm has a lot further to go, but he is making an effort, and he's improved significantly since his use of her in his FF and Avengers stuff. I look forward to seeing him have Ororo call in her debt from Xandra. That's a potent story beat for later.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Our girl did just body that issue. Such a rare occurrence in post-Claremont X-Men. Hickman's Storm has a lot further to go, but he is making an effort, and he's improved significantly since his use of her in his FF and Avengers stuff. I look forward to seeing him have Ororo call in her debt from Xandra. That's a potent story beat for later.
    I personally have loved his storm so far, she has a lot of striking character moments from the ressurection ceremony, to the " i will never tire of lifting our people up " in x-men 1, giant size storm, her cool moments in the final battle agaist amenth.
    Obviously not shared by everyone, but I like his storm, she feels like a powerfull/bigger than life character, but with a compassion and humanity that makes her balanced and multi faceted

PLUS i think as important as it is how he writes her, its how he writes others about ororo, she had an entire decade of pratically being a secundary presence in these characters prespectives, and at times downright agressive/careless towards ororo when she was the headmistress and 89 % of what we had was the x-men being waay too obnoxious and unfriendly towards her with Betsy being praticaly the only one that had her back without any snide comments about her leadership, as she worked her ass off.

It was a very "uncaring" era for era, outside and inside the books, or maybe im reaching but it felt that way.

ofc this also came from bad ororo writting, but to me it's really nice to see scott saying "once I thought I was strong-- a leader of mutants-- and then you showed me what strong was", him having her back and asking if she was okay, that she needed to rest and if she needed any help he was there for her.
    Everyone, even two rivals, rallying to make sure she's safe and okay, I dunno there's a lot more love and respect towards ororo, it makes me happy.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Slow down young padawan, a one-shot anthology is not a trend . She needs to have one of these ongoing titles that they plan to launch. Now is the time for the big push.
    ok now wait a minute. I was just talking about excitement around this title. I never said anything about a trend or any indication of a push based on these scans.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok now wait a minute. I was just talking about excitement around this title. I never said anything about a trend or any indication of a push based on these scans.
    That's fine. Like I said, I'm glad she's getting meaningful screentime. I hope it leads to the solo that we all want.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I see. Well, I am not that hyped for this Storm story, but we shall see, I might like it.
    thats fine I was just happy that it wasn't their smoke and mirror tactic where she appears on the cover but nowhere in the book. she will actually have a story.

this panel looks promising

yeah Im aware and I remember each time they said big plans, there wasnt even 10 % of the stream of ororo content we are getting each month in the sleves AND solicited each month, we had jen bartel instagram's story and coates and empty promises.

now we have olivier coipel and jim cheung drawing storm, two HIGH CLASS marvel related cover artists, stories and apearences everywhere.
    She was in an issue with jean and scott and she devoured them completly in every possible matter, that's AN IMPROVEMENT
    its a vast improvement. 100% agree. i don't know why it put me in the mind of this scan:

the xwriters remembering who is the true goddess of the xmen
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's fine. Like I said, I'm glad she's getting meaningful screentime. I hope it leads to the solo that we all want.
    by the goddess I hope its a solo as well. it's time for storm to truly serve and she stepping out like this with her pony and all:

a solo just might be brewing:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-18-2021 at 03:38 PM.

I personally have loved his storm so far, she has a lot of striking character moments from the ressurection ceremony, to the " i will never tire of lifting our people up " in x-men 1, giant size storm, her cool moments in the final battle agaist amenth.
    Obviously not shared by everyone, but I like his storm, she feels like a powerfull/bigger than life character, but with a compassion and humanity that makes her balanced and multi faceted

PLUS i think as important as it is how he writes her, its how he writes others about ororo, she had an entire decade of pratically being a secundary presence in these characters prespectives, and at times downright agressive/careless towards ororo when she was the headmistress and 89 % of what we had was the x-men being waay too obnoxious and unfriendly towards her with Betsy being praticaly the only one that had her back without any snide comments about her leadership, as she worked her ass off.

It was a very "uncaring" era for era, outside and inside the books, or maybe im reaching but it felt that way.

ofc this also came from bad ororo writting, but to me it's really nice to see scott saying "once I thought I was strong-- a leader of mutants-- and then you showed me what strong was", him having her back and asking if she was okay, that she needed to rest and if she needed any help he was there for her.
    Everyone, even two rivals, rallying to make sure she's safe and okay, I dunno there's a lot more love and respect towards ororo, it makes me happy.
    yes ferro that was a nice moment!

Hickman's Storm is getting better and I appreciate what he's done, compared to so many other writers he's a marked improvement, but his Storm is still a little wooden to me. There's a warmth and vervre that alludes him. Honestly I can't recall that precise frequency in any of his Marvel works. If a character is not a mean smartypants or affable Joe shmoe for contrast, he's sort of blind. I think that's also why he's sorta not nailing the other main X-gals(Jean/Rogue/Psylocke for example), where as Emma, Mystique, Destiny, and Moira, the more cerebral and/or villainous characters, have been more interesting in his story. The fact that he recognizes Storm's importance[to the franchise] and does his best to work her in is appreciated though. He doesn't even bother with Rogue, for example.

BANNED

He hasn't written Betsy yet besides some lines in statis , but he has in the past when the captain brittain corps were relevant with brian.
    Tbh I think she has a warmth to her especialy in the ressurection parts and when she tried to help seraphina in issue 1.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-18-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Hickman's Storm is getting better and I appreciate what he's done, compared to so many other writers he's a marked improvement, but his Storm is still a little wooden to me. There's a warmth and vervre that alludes him. Honestly I can't recall that precise frequency in any of his Marvel works. If a character is not a mean smartypants or affable Joe shmoe for contrast, he's sort of blind. I think that's also why he's sorta not nailing the other main X-gals(Jean/Rogue/Psylocke for example), where as Emma, Mystique, Destiny, and Moira, the more cerebral and/or villainous characters, have been more interesting in his story. The fact that he recognizes Storm's importance[to the franchise] and does his best to work her in is appreciated though. He doesn't even bother with Rogue, for example.
    poor rogue fans. it's true things can be much worst for storm

I feel there's big plan for Rouge. She's emphasize but quickly sideline and now that she's back up and running I expect some cool things for her.
    So far Kitty, Pslyocke Jean Emma Domino and Storm have flex some muscle and expecting more to come but I do see seeds for Rouge , Frenzy ,Sage , and Mystiqe their not done with Moria

Happy bearthday butterflykyss! I know we don't agree about everything, but it's good to see your thoughts in here; wishing you all the best! Attachment 106295

Happy bearthday butterflykyss! I know we don't agree about everything, but it's good to see your thoughts in here; wishing you all the best! Attachment 106295
    awww what a beautiful and pleasant surprise! thank you so very much for the bday love!! I sincerely appreciate it!!!

Happy birthday, I hope you will remain all the time the same positive force not only for Storm but in your life, as well. I wish you the best!