Page 9 of 772 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

In Hickman's original Omega data page he talks about how while Forge is the best mutant at inventing and has no upper limit, he's not an Omega mutant because his inventing is matched or exceeded by other human inventors. So with Storm being an Omega weather manipulator, people are wondering if that implies she's better than Thor. The easiest answer is he doesn't count because he's not human or from Earth.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In Hickman's original Omega data page he talks about how while Forge is the best mutant at inventing and has no upper limit, he's not an Omega mutant because his inventing is matched or exceeded by other human inventors. So with Storm being an Omega weather manipulator, people are wondering if that implies she's better than Thor. The easiest answer is he doesn't count because he's not human or from Earth.
    I also do not see Thor as particularly sophisticated in the use of his weather powers (I could be wrong, I don't care that much about Thor lol).

Storm on the other hand (occasionally) uses her power in very complicated and sophisticated ways. Maybe Thor is a powerhouse without any fine tuning, hence, Storm's skills as a weather manipulator are superior.

Also, his weather powers are enhanced by his hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I also do not see Thor as particularly sophisticated in the use of his weather powers (I could be wrong, I don't care that much about Thor lol).

Storm on the other hand (occasionally) uses her power in very complicated and sophisticated ways. Maybe Thor is a powerhouse without any fine tuning, hence, Storm's skills as a weather manipulator are superior.
    Correct. Thor is sledgehammer and Storm is a surgeon scalpel..

Thor creates weather effects through the magic in his blood, which is enhanced by a Mjölnir. Storm manipulates the weather psionically on a molecular and atomic level.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-07-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

There are many ways to look at it(hence my original psionic/magic distinction angle).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There are many ways to look at it(hence my original psionic/magic distinction angle).
    So many ways to look at it that it's almost futile to compare the two in terms of power. It might be far easier to differentiate Storm from Thor.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So many ways to look at it that it's almost futile to compare the two in terms of power. It might be far easier to differentiate Storm from Thor.
    I agree. I tend to look at Storm as like, an atmospheric chemist in a way, vs innate weather manipulation through divine magic. I think the hammer vs scalpel (though she can be a devastating hammer in her own right) is the fair comparison if one is needed. But at the core of the application of their abilities I think Storm’s connection to the earth combined with her mastery of the how the forces (and physics) behind weather operate (down to their atoms) is the biggest distinction between how their powers operate.

The preview for Marauders # 17 allayed my fears about Ororo and Callisto, but I wonder where Ororo will end up next

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yah!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Take into account too that Thor is physically stronger, can take much more damage, nearly invulnerable and is much more a brawler.

Thor and Storm have two different fighting styles and use their powers in accordance with how they fight.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I agree. I tend to look at Storm as like, an atmospheric chemist in a way, vs innate weather manipulation through divine magic. I think the hammer vs scalpel (though she can be a devastating hammer in her own right) is the fair comparison if one is needed. But at the core of the application of their abilities I think Storm’s connection to the earth combined with her mastery of the how the forces (and physics) behind weather operate (down to their atoms) is the biggest distinction between how their powers operate.
    Exactatiously.
    It's her inherent connection to the world(s) around her (and not just of Earth) that truly separates her abilities from that of Thor's who has none (at least to my knowledge) of her innate psionic connection.
    They both control weather phenomena...and that's as far as their commonality extends.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    agreed windrider with this assessment
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yah!!!!

Okay, I have a question, multiple choice. Should Storm:

A. Stay on the Quiet Council.
    B. Join the Summers/Grey consortium, i.e. the X-Men.
    C. Revive her X-Treme X-Men team.
    D. Go off on her own and do her own thing.

She chose D!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Again, omega is a classification that only applies to mutants in this instance. All power sources are not the same and we don't know the true extant of Thor's power let alone Storm's. And like Devaishwarya said, Thor has thousands of years of experience and his power level has been upgraded even more in his latest solo.

Believe me, I'm not downplaying Storm's abilities but I don't know why the need to quantify her power based on what Thor can do.
    again there is not a need to do this BUT I think with thor around and as well known as he is for his weather manipulating abilities it makes it difficult to believe that Storm's limit cannot be surpassed by another character such as Thor. I guess if you take the conditions yoga mentioned then it would make sense but these things were not explicitly stated on the data page for the omega classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, I have a question, multiple choice. Should Storm:

A. Stay on the Quiet Council.
    B. Join the Summers/Grey consortium, i.e. the X-Men.
    C. Revive her X-Treme X-Men team.
    D. Go off on her own and do her own thing.

She chose D!!!!!!!!
    well we don't know exactly what this means yet. she is still on the quiet council as of now. im hoping it all resolves in her choosing d.

Incredible Member

If they explored Storm's magical powers more... The databook states Wakandan gods have unlimited strength. So Hadari is supposed to be very strong physical wise but we lack feats.