Page 37 of 162 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Hey, all. In Born Again, after the Kingpin destroys Matt’s home, why doesn’t he seek out Foggy for help instead of going paranoid and sleeping in a motel room?
    They weren't in a good place in their relationship. In ish 225, they had a major argument / falling out: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Daredevil_Vol_1_225

Incredible Member

I should add that Glori broke up with Matt and started dating Foggy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    They weren't in a good place in their relationship. In ish 225, they had a major argument / falling out: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Daredevil_Vol_1_225
    Even so Foggy defended him court so as to avoid jail. Given that and the thanks Matt shows afterward wouldn’t that suggest that their relationship is in a better place than it was, especially considering Matt’s troubles were far from over?
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I should add that Glori broke up with Matt and started dating Foggy, too.
    Matt didn’t know that, though, right? He only heard her voice when he called Foggy and started suspecting the man who just defended him was in on the Kingpins schemes, no?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Hey, all. In Born Again, after the Kingpin destroys Matt’s home, why doesn’t he seek out Foggy for help instead of going paranoid and sleeping in a motel room?
    Matt was already having a mental breakdown prior to that according to the storyline.

Matt didn’t know that, though, right? He only heard her voice when he called Foggy and started suspecting the man who just defended him was in on the Kingpins schemes, no?
    You're right he didn't know. He kept calling to get the time or something but didn't realize he that was calling Foggy. When he called Foggy and Glori answered the phone, he accused Foggy of being a part of the plot to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Matt was already having a mental breakdown prior to that according to the storyline.
    Might you be able to site the issue it’s suggested if not out right stated?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

You're right he didn't know. He kept calling to get the time or something but didn't realize he that was calling Foggy. When he called Foggy and Glori answered the phone, he accused Foggy of being a part of the plot to get him.
    But that doesn’t make any sense since he knows Foggy well and is the man who also just kept him out of jail in addition to the fact that Matt already suspects, if not knows, the Kingpins is culpable. Not to mention that Matt is a literal lie detector so he’d know who to trust and not even if he is inexplicably paranoid to the point where he’d think Foggy is apart of anything against him.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

But that doesn’t make any sense since he knows Foggy well and is the man who also just kept him out of jail in addition to the fact that Matt already suspects, if not knows, the Kingpins is culpable. Not to mention that Matt is a literal lie detector so he’d know who to trust and not even if he is inexplicably paranoid to the point where he’d think Foggy is apart of anything against him.
    That's why it was said in the storyline that Matt was already suffering from mental illness. I believe Kingpin made the comment.

It was in issue #228 page 6. Page 36 if you have the tpb. Sorry I don't have scans.

That's why it was said in the storyline that Matt was already suffering from mental illness. I believe Kingpin made the comment.

It was in issue #228 page 6. Page 36 if you have the tpb. Sorry I don't have scans.
    Much appreciated. I’ll check that out.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yes. In 228 it does say Matt was already on the edge, nearly mad. But what is that referring to? Did something happen in a prior issue or arc other than a falling out with Foggy which seemed to have been quickly reconciled and not nearly to make Matt the crazy person he so quickly becomes, I think, without reason?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

And I bring this up because as was mentioned recently some of you guys are of the opinion that the more modern runs have Matt acting out character whereas Born Again’s crazy Matt, and Miller’s Matt in general at times, to me, seems very mischaracterized by comparison.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-01-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yes. In 228 it does say Matt was already on the edge, nearly mad. But what is that referring to? Did something happen in a prior issue or arc other than a falling out with Foggy which seemed to have been quickly reconciled and not nearly to make Matt the crazy person he so quickly becomes, I think, without reason?
    I think Miller was referring to things that happened during his previous run where Matt was a little on edge about his senses going haywire and Elektra's death. Plus what Matt did to Heather was pretty cold too. I think his issues were building since then.

I think Miller was referring to things that happened during his previous run where Matt was a little on edge about his senses going haywire and Elektra's death. Plus what Matt did to Heather was pretty cold too. I think his issues were building since then.
    Possibly but a lot of what happens in Born Again just doesn’t sit right at all. He knows who destroying his life, he has a friend he can trust, he cannot be lied to so the paranoia about who and who isn’t working for the Kingpin doesn’t make sense, and everything that happened before has reason and cause. His decent into that kind madness just doesn’t work at all. But that’s just me. Born Again is highly praised by most so I’m clearly an outlier.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Possibly but a lot of what happens in Born Again just doesn’t sit right at all. He knows who destroying his life, he has a friend he can trust, he cannot be lied to so the paranoia about who and who isn’t working for the Kingpin doesn’t make sense, and everything that happened before has reason and cause. His decent into that kind madness just doesn’t work at all. But that’s just me. Born Again is highly praised by most so I’m clearly an outlier.
    But he's mentally unstable to the point where he's not thinking straight and is weaving in and out of scenarios. He's having a psychotic breakdown so his reality is warped. He's someone who trusts his senses and his senses weren't reliable at that time