Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think they delay could cause them to rethink a few things. Not saying that they won't have Shuri become BP but maybe lessen Letitia character somehow.

Plus they don't want to have to answer questions or have the other cast members answering questions about Letitia. They don't want they kinda press.

Can you image if the movie came out next year?
    Did you mean if the movie didn’t come out next year? Yeah that would be a shit show, but honestly it seems to me the movie was cursed the minute they decided to dive head first into production so soon after Chadwick’s death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Did you mean if the movie didn’t come out next year? Yeah that would be a shit show, but honestly it seems to me the movie was cursed the minute they decided to dive head first into production so soon after Chadwick’s death.
    No, if the movie came out next year, all of the cast would be doing shows and interviews to promote the movie(part of the contract) and have been asked questions about Letitia. How could it be avoided?

Or, there would be no pr for this movie and it would quickly come and go at the theaters.

No, if the movie came out next year, all of the cast would be doing shows and interviews to promote the movie(part of the contract) and have been asked questions about Letitia. How could it be avoided?

Or, there would be no pr for this movie and it would quickly come and go at the theaters.
    Well sometimes a rep for a celebrity might tell an interviewer to not ask certain questions, a good example would be how if you interview Jodie Foster you are given strict instructions to not ask her about the guy that shot Regan or else she’ll just up and walk out on the interview (yes she’s done this before). But since this is a marvel movie this will be way too big to ignore or dodge.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I thought the movie was coming out next year, November 2022 to be exact. Am I off?

If Letitia shoots her remaining scenes that means she has taken the jab. Doing so will greatly mitigate a lot of the drama and questions she and the rest of the cast will get during promo time. The delay in particular would help, since it would be many months since productions has restarted at that point.

It's rare for us to see a public figure paint themselves in a corner this badly. She surely doesn't want to hold up production once she's healed from injury, but can't even enter the US unless she takes the jab. Holding up the movie beyond injury would be the worst move for her to make by a mile. The obvious solution is to take the jab, but it appears she's very entrenched in her views for whatever reason.

Thinking about all this is giving me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I thought the movie was coming out next year, November 2022 to be exact. Am I off?

If Letitia shoots her remaining scenes that means she has taken the jab. Doing so will greatly mitigate a lot of the drama and questions she and the rest of the cast will get during promo time. The delay in particular would help, since it would be many months since productions has restarted at that point.

It's rare for us to see a public figure paint themselves in a corner this badly. She surely doesn't want to hold up production once she's healed from injury, but can't even enter the US unless she takes the jab. Holding up the movie beyond injury would be the worst move for her to make by a mile. The obvious solution is to take the jab, but it appears she's very entrenched in her views for whatever reason.

Thinking about all this is giving me a headache.
    November of next year is the deadline. But if she remains stubborn it’ll likely get delayed further.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

November of next year is the deadline. But if she remains stubborn it’ll likely get delayed further.

Goodness, if that happens, ugh.

Please Bast, no more delays, enough is enough.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well there is a way around this if Disney, SAG and whatever other group she's with, along with her Agency doesn't cause too much drama. Pay off her contract, replace her with another actress and then reshoot scenes. Yes it would be a pain in the ass, but she's not giving people much of a choice here if she's that determined not to take the shot. I mean Emilo got fired from the mighty ducks over this, I'm guessing they're giving her time to heal and when that's done it's probably either a will she or won't she situation, and if she won't then they will have to let her go.

Right now I feel bad for both sets of fans because Shuri is going to get a bad rep if this keeps going the way it is, and the whole "No recast" for T'challa is bad in high-sight.

I’ve seen people already going sour on the idea of Shuri taking over. That Forbes article and the rumor of T’Challa and Nakia having a kid doesn’t help.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Welp, looks like we’ll be seeing if Shuri will be recast sooner rather than later.

123CC6E5-1BAA-429D-9B80-3E827038D237.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Welp, looks like we’ll be seeing if Shuri will be recast sooner rather than later.

123CC6E5-1BAA-429D-9B80-3E827038D237.jpg
    Dunbar was at least honest with himself and dropped out. Time for Letitia to make a decision: her beliefs or her reputation and career.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

To some extent you have to applaud the studio for sticking with Letitia Wright, because in the old days, they would have dropped her from the film and moved on without thinking twice. Especially for a movie that will gross as much as BP2 is expected to gross world wide. There really are a handful of really bright, talented and engaging actors who could easily replace her, fan sentiment notwithstanding.

Walking away from BP2 won't end her career. She's too gifted for that to happen. But it might be the last time in a very long time that she works for a top studio on a well-funded project earning this kind of money.

As someone that has been vaccinated since last year without any side effects or adverse reactions, I just wonder are people really refusing on grounds of faith or fear? But whatever, to each his own. I just think if you're going to do that, then follow through completely with your convictions, including leaving your job, if it requires you to be vaxxed. Go do you. No one will resent you if that's your choice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    To some extent you have to applaud the studio for sticking with Letitia Wright, because in the old days, they would have dropped her from the film and moved on without thinking twice. Especially for a movie that will gross as much as BP2 is expected to gross world wide. There really are a handful of really bright, talented and engaging actors who could easily replace her, fan sentiment notwithstanding.

Walking away from BP2 won't end her career. She's too gifted for that to happen. But it might be the last time in a very long time that she works for a top studio on a well-funded project earning this kind of money.

As someone that has been vaccinated since last year without any side effects or adverse reactions, I just wonder are people really refusing on grounds of faith or fear? But whatever, to each his own. I just think if you're going to do that, then follow through completely with your convictions, including leaving your job, if it requires you to be vaxxed. Go do you. No one will resent you if that's your choice.
    I mean at this point she has got to be costing the studio a lot of money. She can't travel. Thats not going to change anytime soon. Most likely for the unvaccinated its going to be even more strict. How does a studio deal with this?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Walking away from BP2 won't end her career. She's too gifted for that to happen.
    But it might be the last time in a very long time that she works for a top studio on a well-funded project earning this kind of money.

I'm not so sure about that. This situation has reveal two issues:

-Letitia's reliability. Being vaccine hesitant / anti-vax is one thing; pushing said views several times publicly is another. We found out about her views because she posted a anti-vax video out of nowhere. She brought bad promo and became a distraction. Not to mention walking away now means she just cost Marvel a whole lot of money and put them in a major bind. That alone can dissuade virtually all big studios from hiring her.

-She can't travel. She currently can't come to the US, Canada China, Australia, New Zealand, and (I think) several European countries because of her unvaccinated status. More countries will have restrictions on non-citizens who aren't vaccinated as time goes on. Any movie set to be filmed in those locations means she can't participate. Beyond that, what happens if she can't promote the film overseas because of travel restrictions? What happens if she can't promote the film because she's not allowed in venues because of her unvaccinated status, inlcuding venues in the UK? The restrictions on the unvaccinated will get tighter, not looser.

Add all that to the fact that, despite her immense talent, she's nowhere close to being A-List and arguably not B-List even, and the question is why would a studio, big or small, have her as part of their film, assuming she walks away from BP2?

EDIT: inisideguy summed it up better than I did:

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean at this point she has got to be costing the studio a lot of money. She can't travel. Thats not going to change anytime soon. Most likely for the unvaccinated its going to be even more strict. How does a studio deal with this?
    If her unvaxxed status doesn't change, then I don't see why any studio--big or small--will bother bringing her in. It'll be too much of a hassle to accommodate her. Who would want to deal with that?
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-17-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. This situation has reveal two issues:

-Letitia's reliability. Being vaccine hesitant / anti-vax is one thing; pushing said views several times publicly is another. We found out about her views because she posted a anti-vax video out of nowhere. She brought bad promo and became a distraction. Not to mention walking away now means she just cost Marvel a whole lot of money and put them in a major bind. That alone can dissuade virtually all big studios from hiring her.

-She can't travel. She currently can't come to the US, Canada China, Australia, New Zealand, and (I think) several European countries because of her unvaccinated status. More countries will have restrictions on non-citizens who aren't vaccinated as time goes on. Any movie set to be filmed in those locations means she can't participate. Beyond that, what happens if she can't promote the film overseas because of travel restrictions? What happens if she can't promote the film because she's not allowed in venues because of her unvaccinated status, inlcuding venues in the UK? The restrictions on the unvaccinated will get tighter, not looser.

Add all that to the fact that, despite her immense talent, she's nowhere close to being A-List and arguably not B-List even, and the question is why would a studio, big or small, have her as part of their film, assuming she walks away from BP2?

EDIT: inisideguy summed it up better than I did:

If her unvaxxed status doesn't change, then I don't see why any studio--big or small--will bother bringing her in. It'll be too much of a hassle to accommodate her. Who would want to deal with that?
    Respectfully, you're thinking of too small a window of time and chance. An actor's career isn't just what we see in movies. And most of their careers span decades. Some start out on a favorable path, lose their way and lapse into obscurity for whatever reason, only to resurface years later and become hits. They know all too well that their time under the spotlight comes and goes. It happens to the best of them. So they play the long game.

It's why I say that Ms. Wright's career isn't over if she chooses to walk away. She might be in her 30s, 40s or even 50s when she hits it big again, but this is just a chapter of a very long and promising story. And I think that she knows this, or she wouldn't have hesitated to seize this opportunity and squeeze the life out of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    You accept the reality of having to give OTHERS shots.

It's one thing to not want the vaccine for legit reasons and there are.
    It's another to spread misinformation, attack the President and be as toxic as you want like we have seen folks be.

You give others shots. Keke Palmer is not that busy.

Respectfully, you're thinking of too small a window of time and chance. An actor's career isn't just what we see in movies. And most of their careers span decades.
    Ray Fisher wants a word. His career is over.