Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
I don’t think it was character assassination. The fact is, bishop was never very popular in the 90’s. He was considered a “reject” character for a long time by the fan base. So marvel took a different route with him to try and make him more interesting. Overall, i have always really loved bishop. I think the reason he was not very popular was because his convoluted backstory paired with he was at odds with gambit who was a fan favorite. This is just my interpretation of events and it may be because i get rather offended when people attack the creative teams in willy nilly fashion so yeah i will admit some bias there. The good news is bishop is getting some much deserved respect to his name. Also, i would like to add i sent marvel fan mail for a while telling them to do something big with bishop because he has so much potential to explore so if you really feel that certain things are not to your liking it is really easy to mail the x office. This has been a tried and true way for decades to get the teams brains simmering on ideas like this so i highly recommend it.
Lol, yo my "G " Bishop made it into the cartoon. With all the X-Men they could have picked, he made the squad. Had his own series, was written into "The 12" mini, was central to Age of Apocalypse...dude wasn't some d lister. At a certain point writers just started ignoring and progressing him as a character. Far from minor league!