Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yeah, I thought Bishop was gonna end up as a major player in the X-Men franchise.

Well, not the first time I've been wrong before.
    So did I. You, me and a lot of other people were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    And to this, I will wholeheartedly tell you that I believe that you are fundamentally wrong and being close minded and ignorant. I see no value in having any further discussion with you.
    No disrespect family, but there's harsh reality to the notion of bad optics of white men trying to tell black men about oppression. This not to jump on a victim wagon at all but we have to believe that their world is still based on our reality, and with being said Bishop has the added level of scrutiny that EVERY black man that walks this earth has and will continue to have ...in addition to mutant oppression. This part of you guys debate illustrates a blindspot that appears throughout our American cultural dispora. Again, I hate victim Olympics mentality, because it muddies the water concerning the real implications. Besides, you were making solid points prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So did I. You, me and a lot of other people were wrong.
    Lol, just for context. Black Panther fans thought we were going to finally into the promise land and see the ascension of T'Challa! Well da hell with all that.

in the Krakoa era, does Bishop still have the M tattoo on his face? If so, was this explained?
    If I had the choice to come back, I'd come back without it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    No disrespect family, but there's harsh reality to the notion of bad optics of white men trying to tell black men about oppression. This not to jump on a victim wagon at all but we have to believe that their world is still based on our reality, and with being said Bishop has the added level of scrutiny that EVERY black man that walks this earth has and will continue to have ...in addition to mutant oppression. This part of you guys debate illustrates a blindspot that appears throughout our American cultural dispora. Again, I hate victim Olympics mentality, because it muddies the water concerning the real implications. Besides, you were making solid points prior to this.
    The issue I have is this. Comparing Scott and Bishop's situations as similar is way off imo.

Scott was basically under house arrest with an ankle monitor. Bishop was in a mutant concentration camp. Not saying that Scott didn't have his fair share but Bishop was branded with an M on his face along with the added discrimination of being Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    in the Krakoa era, does Bishop still have the M tattoo on his face? If so, was this explained?
    If I had the choice to come back, I'd come back without it.
    Bishop hasn't died and been resurrected yet so they haven't had the opportunity to explore whether the tattoo is removable or not.

That would be interesting to find out.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Wasn't it established in X-Factor when Madrox got tattooed (and possibly before then) that the brand was imprinted on their dna and can't be removed? The only way Jamie got rid of it is because the current version is from a dupe that was created before he got the tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Wasn't it established in X-Factor when Madrox got tattooed (and possibly before then) that the brand was imprinted on their dna and can't be removed? The only way Jamie got rid of it is because the current version is from a dupe that was created before he got the tattoo.
    That's something to consider. If resurrection protocols are based on current/available DNA then it's unlikely that the tattoo/brand is removable.

And if it was able to removed, it's likely to have a psychological impact on Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That's something to consider. If resurrection protocols are based on current/available DNA then it's unlikely that the tattoo/brand is removable.

And if it was able to removed, it's likely to have a psychological impact on Bishop.

I dont think that would matter to the Resurrection Protocols. They arent doing a straight up clone of the original. Its a complicated process which involves a mutant that can manipulate biological matter, one that warps reality and another that amplifies and manipulates powers. Bringing Jamie back without a tattoo should be a nonissue for them

I guess we'll find out if Bishop ever dies and gets resurrected.

I guess we'll find out if Bishop ever dies and gets resurrected.
    To be clear my opinion is pretty much aligned with what you are saying. Far as Bishop dying. I'm kind of hoping that like Storm, he never loses his first life. I still believe that there may be something up with every mutant that's resurrected. It would be wild if there is conflict with resurrected and those that never were.

To be clear my opinion is pretty much aligned with what you are saying. Far as Bishop dying. I'm kind of hoping that like Storm, he never loses his first life. I still believe that there may be something up with every mutant that's resurrected. It would be wild if there is conflict with resurrected and those that never were.
    Bro, I read enough of your posts to know where you stand on isht. You don't have to 'splain nuthin'.

Incredible Member

Here's the thing, though, I wasn't arguing that Cyclops understands what a black man goes through or even what Bishop went through in the camps - I have already said that Cyclops was wrong to make the claim he did in that comic. I was arguing that it was wrong of Bishop to shut down Cyclops' points about oppression since they have both lived for a long time in a brutally oppressive society led by Apocalypse, a society in which race did not matter. The user whom I shut down ignored all my points about that and went right back to Bishop is black, Cyclops is not, so he can't say anything. That's where this being fiction matters, because in real life, you can't have an immortal Egyptian conquer North America and run an oppressive regime for decades.

The issue I have is this. Comparing Scott and Bishop's situations as similar is way off imo.

Scott was basically under house arrest with an ankle monitor. Bishop was in a mutant concentration camp. Not saying that Scott didn't have his fair share but Bishop was branded with an M on his face along with the added discrimination of being Black.
    Again, I wasn't comparing their situations as it exists. I was just saying that Bishop was wrong to shut him down because Cyclops does know about oppression and he knows exactly what kind of oppression Bishop faced under Apocalypse, even if it he will never face what Bishop faces everyday as a black man.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Here's the thing, though, I wasn't arguing that Cyclops understands what a black man goes through or even what Bishop went through in the camps - I have already said that Cyclops was wrong to make the claim he did in that comic. I was arguing that it was wrong of Bishop to shut down Cyclops' points about oppression since they have both lived for a long time in a brutally oppressive society led by Apocalypse, a society in which race did not matter. The user whom I shut down ignored all my points about that and went right back to Bishop is black, Cyclops is not, so he can't say anything. That's where this being fiction matters, because in real life, you can't have an immortal Egyptian conquer North America and run an oppressive regime for decades.

Again, I wasn't comparing their situations as it exists. I was just saying that Bishop was wrong to shut him down because Cyclops does know about oppression and he knows exactly what kind of oppression Bishop faced under Apocalypse, even if it he will never face what Bishop faces everyday as a black man.
    It's all good, like you said earlier we're just having a discussion. I get what you're saying about what Scott and the other X-Men have gone through.

Incredible Member

It's all good, like you said earlier we're just having a discussion. I get what you're saying about what Scott and the other X-Men have gone through.
    Yeah, I was just clarifying for User: dkrook since it seems like he didn't get what I was saying.