Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Yeah, I was just clarifying for User: dkrook since it seems like he didn't get what I was saying.

Its all Gucci! Man. If people are afraid of having good, spirited discussion and be still be cool then we never grow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, just for context. Black Panther fans thought we were going to finally into the promise land and see the ascension of T'Challa! Well da hell with all that.
    I'm a BP fan, too.

Right now, I think Green Lantern John Stewart is the only high profile black man on the verge of living large in comics.

It's crazy that Marvel is failing, yet seemingly cool with under utilizing their black male characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm a BP fan, too.

Right now, I think Green Lantern John Stewart is the only high profile black man on the verge of living large in comics.

It's crazy that Marvel is failing, yet seemingly cool with under utilizing their black male characters.
    Right, and we see why there's attention on him now, oddly there's a black Batman now. If current marvel writers are so adverse to writing black male heroes, can they just hire black writers to write them??? ...just someone other than Coates.

Extraordinary Member

Right, and we see why there's attention on him now, oddly there's a black Batman now. If current marvel writers are so adverse to writing black male heroes, can they just hire black writers to write them??? ...just someone other than Coates.
    I forgot about the new Batman. The Fox family puts in work across various eras. Black Lightning got his daughters back.

Never thought DC would be getting the leg up on Marvel when it comes to black characters, particularly with black male heroes.

I think Black Panther and Blade are doing fine on Avengers. It is really hard to see a black character lead te iconic team up book from the big two.
    C let the Black Batman be a digital first, basically arent ready to commit to it.

I forgot about the new Batman. The Fox family puts in work across various eras. Black Lightning got his daughters back.

Never thought DC would be getting the leg up on Marvel when it comes to black characters, particularly with black male heroes.
    I don't think this is it

Incredible Member

I'm really enjoying Ridle's Jace Fox. His miniseries oddly enough reminds me of Ostrander's first Bishop miniseries. I'd love to get another Bishop miniseries like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think Black Panther and Blade are doing fine on Avengers. It is really hard to see a black character lead te iconic team up book from the big two.
    C let the Black Batman be a digital first, basically arent ready to commit to it.

I don't think this is it
    I can't stand the writer for Avengers, sadly. I can't support bad stories, even if the writer is doing good with characters I like. The writer is toxic to the other characters I like, too.

I just don't understand what's the malfunction with Marvel.

They need to rehire Jim Shooter, or someone with his sensibilities, imo.

Extraordinary Member

I'm really enjoying Ridle's Jace Fox. His miniseries oddly enough reminds me of Ostrander's first Bishop miniseries. I'd love to get another Bishop miniseries like that.
    Ostrander was an awesome writer. I loved his Bishop stories. He was also great writing Luke Cage in the Heroes for Hire series in the late 1990's.

The one with Mountjoy? Yeah that was lit! Seeing Bishop having to battle someone of a powerset that didn't hold any kind of advantage for him. It was good display of Bishop's toughness and intelligence. Hell the more I think about it that mini would be plot for Bishop solo movie. Just beef it up a lil. It could be a like a better version of Predator 2. When Bishop get to display detective skills and fighting against a powerful mutant that be absorb human or mutants and use that against. Making it a race against time to minimize the damage and save people close to him.
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-02-2021 at 07:58 AM.

I can't stand the writer for Avengers, sadly. I can't support bad stories, even if the writer is doing good with characters I like. The writer is toxic to the other characters I like, too.

I just don't understand what's the malfunction with Marvel.

They need to rehire Jim Shooter, or someone with his sensibilities, imo.
    I mostly read Avengers for ghost rider, Blade and Black Panther. I also admit that i can't look away on the trainwreck

Jim Shooter is a anti-gay guy, hardly a really progressive editor

The one with Mountjoy? Yeah that was lit! Seeing Bishop having to battle someone of a powerset that didn't hold any kind of advantage for him. It was good display of Bishop's toughness and intelligence. Hell the more I think about it that mini would be plot for Bishop solo movie. Just beef it up a lil. It could be a like a better version of Predator 2. When Bishop get to display detective skills and fighting against a powerful mutant that be absorb human or mutants and use that against. Making it a race against time to minimize the damage and save people close to him.
    yeah, it would be similar to the Denzel Washington movie Fallen.

[QUOTE=Marvell2100;5357321][COLOR="#000080"]yeah, it would be similar to the Denzel Washington

Brotha from another mother. This is a much more relatable example. Yes! On another note, I will never see John Goodman the same after that movie!

Speak softly and carry a big gun with a powerfist.

Fan art by Shinato.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I mostly read Avengers for ghost rider, Blade and Black Panther. I also admit that i can't look away on the trainwreck

Jim Shooter is a anti-gay guy, hardly a really progressive editor
    I hear you regarding Avengers.

I will not defend/justify his issues regarding LGBTQIA back in the day. I am not sure if his mind-set has changed since then.

I'd argue that he was progressive in wanting to include more black fictional characters, particularly at DC (making his stance on LGBTQIA characters ironic).

IMO, Marvel produced the best bronze age comics under Shooter's watch.

I see a more open-minded push for LGBTQIA characters in more boundary pushing roles than heterosexual/asexual black men at Marvel, currently.