Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yeah, I thought Bishop was gonna end up as a major player in the X-Men franchise.

Well, not the first time I've been wrong before.
    The same thought crossed my mind, as well. Had most of the creative talent not left for Image, there's no telling how BIG Bishop could've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I always think "protect ya neck" when the metallic collar comes up.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I'd love to get another Bishop miniseries like that.
    Me too. Ostrander's great. Also, I'd love to see the return of Carlos Pacheco

My thoughts on KIB issue I think my fellow Bishop fans are being a little too sensitive in this case.

-Kitty and Bishop have a good relationship so what people are reading as Kitty boss him around is actually professional courtesy. It wasn't executed well but they are Kitty and Bishop are suppose to feel like equals and they aren't trying to step on each other feet. The key piece of dialogue from the whole thing is Bishop saying to Kitty " I don't want to take over until we reach land". Which means that Bishop could have taken control anytime and he allowed Kitty to feel like she was charge so he did have to be a-hole and for him to stick on good working terms with her. But he was already in charge whether Kitty had said anything or not.

-Beast scene I am 100% percent certain it wasn't Beast giving him a command but a suggestion.

Bishop is a wartime captain which means he outranks Beast and QC during a war. Beast can't make Bishop do anything but Beast input matters in protection of the island. And option to kill Cyclops and Storm is a legit option for Krakoa consider they can be brought back to life. Beast gave him the suggestion because it might be the best thing for the island and the best option.

No doubt Bishop is being misused I but didn't read stuff the same way as some of you guys and scene wasn't meant to feel as bad as it came off .The biggest issue I have right now, If Bishop job is to protect the island why is he going off the island on mission not aren't in defense of the island? Being Great Captain useless because being on Marauders almost always put him away from defending the island. The X-men aren't going to at wartime situation often and he isn't around to defend island so they have cripple usefulness of being a Captain in Bishop case. Bishop should have been on X-force because they don't have a "Great Captain" and their job is direct defense of the island.

Cyclops is Captain Commander, while technically all the Captains have the same rank and "military" powers but Cyclops has seniority with the "first among equals" thing. Gorgon job is guarding the Quiet Council which is worse than Bishop role but is a clear set responsibility. Magik is charge of Sextant, Bishop is in charge of defending Hellfire trade and that part of the island. Bishop role is the most ill defined out of all the captains. Cyclops get a strike force and military command, Magik has young mutants as a team, Gorgon is ignored by writers, Bishop has no team or people that he is charge of , making him a leader in charge of nothing. More frustratingly Northstar is the leader of X-factor who deals with investigating which Bishop would have been a good fit, X-force is charge of the secret defense of the island another good fit for Bishop. In reading about the Nightcrawler lead book it sounds like they will end being a police force of sorts on Krakoa. Heck even baby Cable gets to be the Head Security on Sword base and has small team(Random and Risque) . I am not saying Bishop should be in those roles it is just a little frustrating seeing things that could be a good fit for the character. I am almost wish that he wasn't Great Captain because then I wouldn't have expectations of leadership.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-08-2021 at 07:04 AM.

The problem is that they don't have Bishop do anything. He's coming off as passive and not the take charge guy he is. He doesn't need to step on Kate's toes in situations but he also shouldn't have to be allowed to take charge/make decisions. The situation with Beast is a prime example. Bishop would have already laid out multiple scenarios and would have come to his own conclusions about what needed to be done in a worst case scenario. he didn't need Beast to make a suggestion because he would have already played that out in his assessment of the situation they were facing.

He had no major role in X of Swords whereas all of the other Captains played major parts. He has no team/disciples. He should be training other mutants as a strike force while still be a part of Marauders. It's not a matter of him pulling rank on anyone but his personality is being kept in check so as not to offend anyone else. If that's the case then maybe he doesn't need to be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    My thoughts on KIB issue I think my fellow Bishop fans are being a little too sensitive in this case.

-Kitty and Bishop have a good relationship so what people are reading as Kitty boss him around is actually professional courtesy. It wasn't executed well but they are Kitty and Bishop are suppose to feel like equals and they aren't trying to step on each other feet. The key piece of dialogue from the whole thing is Bishop saying to Kitty " I don't want to take over until we reach land". Which means that Bishop could have taken control anytime and he allowed Kitty to feel like she was charge so he did have to be a-hole and for him to stick on good working terms with her. But he was already in charge whether Kitty had said anything or not.

-Beast scene I am 100% percent certain it wasn't Beast giving him a command but a suggestion.

Bishop is a wartime captain which means he outranks Beast and QC during a war. Beast can't make Bishop do anything but Beast input matters in protection of the island. And option to kill Cyclops and Storm is a legit option for Krakoa consider they can be brought back to life. Beast gave him the suggestion because it might be the best thing for the island and the best option.

No doubt Bishop is being misused I but didn't read stuff the same way as some of you guys and scene wasn't meant to feel as bad as it came off .The biggest issue I have right now, If Bishop job is to protect the island why is he going off the island on mission not aren't in defense of the island? Being Great Captain useless because being on Marauders almost always put him away from defending the island. The X-men aren't going to at wartime situation often and he isn't around to defend island so they have cripple usefulness of being a Captain in Bishop case. Bishop should have been on X-force because they don't have a "Great Captain" and their job is direct defense of the island.

Cyclops is Captain Commander, while technically all the Captains have the same rank and "military" powers but Cyclops has seniority with the "first among equals" thing. Gorgon job is guarding the Quiet Council which is worse than Bishop role but is a clear set responsibility. Magik is charge of Sextant, Bishop is in charge of defending Hellfire trade and that part of the island. Bishop role is the most ill defined out of all the captains. Cyclops get a strike force and military command, Magik has young mutants as a team, Gorgon is ignored by writers, Bishop has no team or people that he is charge of , making him a leader in charge of nothing. More frustratingly Northstar is the leader of X-factor who deals with investigating which Bishop would have been a good fit, X-force is charge of the secret defense of the island another good fit for Bishop. In reading about the Nightcrawler lead book it sounds like they will end being a police force of sorts on Krakoa. Heck even baby Cable gets to be the Head Security on Sword base and has small team(Random and Risque) . I am not saying Bishop should be in those roles it is just a little frustrating seeing things that could be a good fit for the character. I am almost wish that he wasn't Great Captain because then I wouldn't have expectations of leadership.
    If there's a misconception about the dynamics between Bishop and Kitty, well the writer is still going to hold that "L" He should do better to incorporate Bishop more into the book. As far as criticism of Bishop being away from his assigned jurisdiction, well I agree 100 % and I'll spot you one further and say it sounds to me like your suggesting there should be another whole book that allows the explaining of the great Captains and their duties! The mutants have seen Professor X assassinated, and then the attempts of the merging of two living islands, there's more than enough going on to justify a book of the Captains especially since we continue to see the roll out of books that to me are questionable on the need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If there's a misconception about the dynamics between Bishop and Kitty, well the writer is still going to hold that "L" He should do better to incorporate Bishop more into the book. As far as criticism of Bishop being away from his assigned jurisdiction, well I agree 100 % and I'll spot you one further and say it sounds to me like your suggesting there should be another whole book that allows the explaining of the great Captains and their duties! The mutants have seen Professor X assassinated, and then the attempts of the merging of two living islands, there's more than enough going on to justify a book of the Captains especially since we continue to see the roll out of books that to me are questionable on the need for it.
    They sure show enough of the Captains in other books. Everyone except Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They sure show enough of the Captains in other books. Everyone except Bishop.
    Exactly, I would like where's the line in the sand from accidental to deliberate? I refuse to believe there's this much lack of communication between writers. Does editorial have any real function with Marvel comics? It's crazy man!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I disagree with you. Dont gaslight fans

Beast commanding Bishop seemed like a order.

If Bishop was really a good captain with good strategy, he wouldnt even listen to it. he will be wasting his time trying to kill ororo and Scott, they arent endagering Krakoa. Much better use the resources to rescue mutants, protect krakoa or just help the rest of the heroes to defeat Knull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I disagree with you. Dont gaslight fans

Beast commanding Bishop seemed like a order.

If Bishop was really a good captain with good strategy, he wouldnt even listen to it. he will be wasting his time trying to kill ororo and Scott, they arent endagering Krakoa. Much better use the resources to rescue mutants, protect krakoa or just help the rest of the heroes to defeat Knull.
    Bishop is spending to much time reacting to everyone else around him.

If there's a misconception about the dynamics between Bishop and Kitty, well the writer is still going to hold that "L" He should do better to incorporate Bishop more into the book.
    I don't disagree with that, it is the writer's fault that doesn't come across more clear. But what is clear that Bishop was already in control but allowing courtesy to kitty, again the convo was

Bishop- I don't want to take control before we reach the shore
    Kitty- (Friendly joke)You better not had tried or I would have dumped you and guns in the ocean
    Bishop-(Friendly tone) Yeah I believe you would have

Once it is a Wartime situation, which it was already Bishop was in charge what kitty said didn't matter. We already can see what the problem is you have two characters with equal roles and the writer is trying his hardest not to make the other one look bad(yes it is not working). There is some clear bad planning in this concept. One Bishop has a subordinate role as Red Bishop in Hellfire Club(which makes no sense), There is no clear rank structure in the X-men overall so you don't understand that Bishop or someone else is second in command or an equal rank as Kate.

I don't think this an intended sabotage of character you can see two separate ideas from the planning stage merged together "hey let's give Bishop stuff to do in a book" "Hey let's give Bishop a role of importance" but those the two seperate ideas from the planning stage haven't meshed well. The writer has to balance the importance of all these characters and it is a chore Storm, Emma, Kate are all on the council, Storm and Iceman are Omega mutants, Bishop and Kate have leadership roles. They tried to stick a bunch of lead characters on a book and it is not working. You need support characters who are going to get less screen time like Pyro and Calisto so nobody will be upset for balance. Trying to stick 4 characters who are leaders on a book is a bad idea if you are not going to treat them as equals.

Me personally I would have been fine with "Red Bishop" and second in command/enforcer role on the Marauders I mean this X-men someone always has to take a backseat to do support but they decide to give him a role as Great Captain and you can't help but want to see that flesh out. It is clear the War Captains' role idea wasn't fleshed out and they probably, later on, have a large War story (maybe with humans) that the captains will be usefully but no further planning was put into the idea. Again it is particularly frustrating because Krakoa clearly needs a "police force" "security force" "military" and Bishop is a War Captian in charge of defense and there was a perfect chance to use those two things together.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-08-2021 at 04:35 PM.

While we are stuck trying to interpret a writers intent, and flawed execution. Another team book is starting up, and to boot being lead by a great Captain! The beat goes on!

While we are stuck trying to interpret a writers intent, and flawed execution. Another team book is starting up, and to boot being lead by a great Captain! The beat goes on!
    I peeped that yesterday. Same ol', same ol'. Bishop might as well be Captain Crunch as far as the X-Men are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I peeped that yesterday. Same ol', same ol'. Bishop might as well be Captain Crunch as far as the X-Men are concerned.
    Lol, too true comrade!

Incredible Member

Well, we know that Nimrod is coming back in May. Bishop and Shard grew up ducking Nimrods so he'd be the best option to lead the fight against them. Yet somehow, I feel like that won't happen.

dedvhvu-4d13aba6-0e9d-4d0a-85d0-b8149e533c45.jpg art by @heri_shinato
    I hate that period of Bishop's history but I am feeling the energy of this picture.

Ouch! You can literally feel that punch. I also hate that period of Bishop's history (the villain of that series easily could've been Fitzroy without having to assassinate Bishop's character and he could've pursued Cable and Hope through time without the McGuffin of him losing an arm and conveniently replacing it with one he stole from Forge with a time travel device inside of it, because Fitzroy just drains the life energy from folks and creates his own time portals through his mutant power).

But that is a sweet ass pic. Fan art?