Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I was the one who mentioned Bishop’s past with Nimrods. He and Cable both have history with them and that works.

But as for Cable and Ahab, that was meant to be purposefully misleading. They had actually chosen Cable’s origin at this point, it was Claremont who helped choose it if I recall. He did it right after X-Tinction Agenda. The Ahab plot line was resolved years later in an issue of Cable’s book, revealing the version of him from Rachel’s timeline (as he time travelled to before the timelines diverged) joined Ahab and the Sentinels. Besides, Days of Future Present already mentioned Cable as active in that future in Madripoor, so Ahab could just been taunting Cable on what he then believed would be his fate.

But this is the Bishop thread, which is why I was pointing out that despite Ahab’s connection to Cable, he has no tangible connection to Bishop since he may not have been in his future.
    In a Bishop/Cable team up book it wouldn't matter if Ahab was connected to Bishop or not. The whole point of a team up book is to stop future threats from occurring no matter if it's connected to either one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    That's for sure. It'd also be a great book to explore concepts like Bete Noir and Demon Bear and further absolve Bishop of the Messiah War.
    That Bete Noir was actually a cool concept as an entity that was a counter to the Phoenix Force. This could have lead to an interesting crossing of Bishop and Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they ever do a Bishop/Cable team up book, they have to bring back original Cable and not Kid C.
    Agreed. OG adult Cable or bust:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    At one point it was hinted that Ahab was Cable. Back when Cable was still kind of a blank slate and didn’t have an origin nailed down yet. They met and fought in the ‘Days of Future Present’ crossover (across the Fantastic Four, X-Factor, New Mutants and X-Men Annuals at that time).

Basically, during one fight scene when Cable and Ahab got close to one another, Cable was shocked to see some similarity to himself in Ahab (at the time they both had a similar eye scar and of course cybernetic parts; Nathan’s scar was only later changed from the singular “knife scar” across his eye to be the “star-patterned” scar he has now). This was compounded by Ahab saying, "What's the matter? See someone you know?" This was of course later dropped when they went a different route with Cable’s origin obviously, and instead revealed in X-Cutioner’s Song that he was the time-lost son of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor returned to the present.

But because of this, along with Kid Cable’s fighting Ahab in Extermination more recently, I would say there’s some connection to Ahab as a nemesis.
    In agreement with you about "Days of Future Present", definitely one of my favorite scenes from that event...

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-bishop-joi...auders-choice/

This is supposedly the real reason why Bishop joined the Marauders. It should be obvious that Bishop's position as a war Captain supersedes his position as a member of the Marauders and the Hellfire Club.

Man, I hope at some point he and Kitty have a falling out, he tells her to kiss his ass and joins X-Force with Logan, Domino and Kid Omega as part of the field team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Man, I hope at some point he and Kitty have a falling out, he tells her to kiss his ass and joins X-Force with Logan, Domino and Kid Omega as part of the field team.
    In hindsight, it's a poor decision to have Bishop as a member of the Marauders and the Hellfire Club. Whenever there's a threat to Krakoa, the Captains take control. So when is there not a threat to Krakoa? How can it work that Bishop is on a team that he isn't leading but when a threat arises, he takes control of the team?

Each Captain needs to have their own team that they lead. There should be lieutenants that report to each Captain. There should be sub-teams that can operate independently that fall under the jurisdiction of each captain. And of course there should be oversight of the Captains. But no one, even a member of the Quiet Council should have some backdoor channels to the Captains, plotting their own schemes. Bishops should have immediately reported Beasts actions to the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. OG adult Cable or bust:

In agreement with you about "Days of Future Present", definitely one of my favorite scenes from that event...

Damn old times from Executioners Song! Now that should be the core X-Force team.

Alert! Alert! Bishop appears in Marauders #18! Alert! Alert!

Alert! Alert! Bishop appears in Marauders #18! Alert! Alert!
    Lol, don't be throwing up those false alarm. We all know it's one page Bishop, before Kitty and Emma swing in carting, cussing, and abusing men while giving a wink to the crowd! Ahoy! Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, don't be throwing up those false alarm. We all know it's one page Bishop, before Kitty and Emma swing in carting, cussing, and abusing men while giving a wink to the crowd! Ahoy! Mate.
    Bro, those were warning signs. Be prepared for anything and nothing!

God Lordt! Did duggan really just have Bishop practically eating deadpool cakes in Savage Anvengers. The artist ain't even right for that. Cant unsee.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

YO! Does Gerry Duggan hate Bishop?!? This @&$^ is beyond ridiculous at this point! And I didn't much care for that "don't shoot" moment in Marauders either. I get what he was going for, but he failed miserably. Lucas don't deserve this. Seriously, screw that guy.

(It doesn't help I chose today to finally watch Judas and the Black Messiah)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

did he do anything worth checking out the issue?

edit nvm just saw the above post.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Please get Bishop off this team and away from Duggan. He writes everyone else okay except for Bishop.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Please get Bishop off this team and away from Duggan. He writes everyone else okay except for Bishop.
    what team would you like to see him on? I think al Ewing would kill it. loving his sword book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!