Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We'll see.
    I hope he is proven to be innocent of any wrong-doing as well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We'll see.
    I hope he is proven to be innocent of any wrong-doing as well.
    Definitely hope so as well. Bishop as a character wouldn't be able to come back from another fall from grace.

Well, another issue of Marauders is out and very little Bishop. Oh well, Banshee is in it and I'll probably buy it for that reason alone.

They keep putting the man on the covers but constantly leave him out of the interior. It's getting comical at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    They keep putting the man on the covers but constantly leave him out of the interior. It's getting comical at this point.
    It's probably a running gag by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Has he had any good moments in this run? I remember an early issue where he did a stealth mission and it was just him and Kate, but since then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Has he had any good moments in this run? I remember an early issue where he did a stealth mission and it was just him and Kate, but since then nothing.
    No. His appearances have been pretty much spotty after the initial issues. A few panels here and there, a mention or two but nothing where there has been a lengthy plot with him involved.

He's supposed to be involved in Inferno but we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No. His appearances have been pretty much spotty after the initial issues. A few panels here and there, a mention or two but nothing where there has been a lengthy plot with him involved.

He's supposed to be involved in Inferno but we'll see how that goes.
    Oddly, I trust Hickman more than anyone else to write with the intent to include various other characters. If it's stated that Bishop is in this, then I feel Hickman will at least make Bishop make sense for whatever role he's going to play.

I honestly kind of hate that he was on the Inferno teaser as a potential ally not to be trusted. He hasn't done anything of note but you wanna use him once again for the betrayer trope? It's so annoying.

It's so weird how writers consistently fumble the bag with him as he's got a story that seems ridiculously easy to pen. Pretty much anything you do with Cyclops or Cable you could do with Bishop (especially Cyke as they're basically the same character). I wish he would've been the one leading the new X-men team.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Oddly, I trust Hickman more than anyone else to write with the intent to include various other characters. If it's stated that Bishop is in this, then I feel Hickman will at least make Bishop make sense for whatever role he's going to play.
    Normally I would but this is an X book and writers sometimes tend to do things with some characters that they normally wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I honestly kind of hate that he was on the Inferno teaser as a potential ally not to be trusted. He hasn't done anything of note but you wanna use him once again for the betrayer trope? It's so annoying.

It's so weird how writers consistently fumble the bag with him as he's got a story that seems ridiculously easy to pen. Pretty much anything you do with Cyclops or Cable you could do with Bishop (especially Cyke as they're basically the same character). I wish he would've been the one leading the new X-men team.
    That's the first thing that came to mind. Having Bishop being seen as a potential traitor only brings back the crap he went through following Messiah Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's the first thing that came to mind. Having Bishop being seen as a potential traitor only brings back the crap he went through following Messiah Complex.
    It's so frustrating especially with the Krakoan era being the time of new beginnings. He and Hope have had moments but everyone always threw it back in his face. This could've been the chance to dead it once and for all or even have him, in his role as a Captain, be security for The Five. Marauders gave us a decent new costume and a data page that sounded excited but this has just been wasted space for him.

I hope the relaunch of the line treats him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    It's so frustrating especially with the Krakoan era being the time of new beginnings. He and Hope have had moments but everyone always threw it back in his face. This could've been the chance to dead it once and for all or even have him, in his role as a Captain, be security for The Five. Marauders gave us a decent new costume and a data page that sounded excited but this has just been wasted space for him.

I hope the relaunch of the line treats him better.
    The first thing they should do is get him on the right team. Either X-Men or X-Force.

Extraordinary Member

Bishop is one of the most overqualified X-Men, with interesting quirks. It should never be a dull moment with Bishop, but here we are.

How much money have Bishop fans saved during this era?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Bishop is one of the most overqualified X-Men, with interesting quirks. It should never be a dull moment with Bishop, but here we are.

How much money have Bishop fans saved during this era?
    I only bought Marauders because of Bishop but I haven't picked up any issues since #11. So that's a years worth of savings.