Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Actually if I remember correctly Storm was referred to as, or what we thought of as Storm? To be his great, great (or great, great, great?) grandmother, I think people forget how far into the future Bish comes from and is not like Rachel Summers. This like other 90's plots were changed so much or misinterpreted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yes and not just a powerful black family, but a royal black family.

Storm is the Queen of Sol after all.
    Yes. She certainly has her share of suitors. Who should her husband be? Black Panther or Forge?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes. She certainly has her share of suitors. Who should her husband be? Black Panther or Forge?
    T'Challa.

With Galactic Wakanda and Sol together they'd be unstoppable though it'd be more a boon for Sol than anyone to have Wakanda back them intergalactically through Royal ties.

That and it's T'Challa, I mean come on...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

T'Challa.

With Galactic Wakanda and Sol together they'd be unstoppable though it'd be more a boon for Sol than anyone to have Wakanda back them intergalactically through Royal ties.

That and it's T'Challa, I mean come on...
    If not Bishop, then T'Challa!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Actually if I remember correctly Storm was referred to as, or what we thought of as Storm? To be his great, great (or great, great, great?) grandmother, I think people forget how far into the future Bish comes from and is not like Rachel Summers. This like other 90's plots were changed so much or misinterpreted.
    No, she never was. This is just because Bishop's grandmother was an old black lady and people saw white hair and thought Storm.

Bishop comes from a hundred years in the future. Rachel comes thirty-three, although that was later retconned to be much less in Alan Davis' run of Excalibur to keep Rachel as a teenager.

BANNED

Yes and not just a powerful black family, but a royal black family.

Storm is the Queen of Sol after all.
    And, here I thought Ororo was Queen Regent of Mars and voice for the Sol System... When was she promoted to Queen of Sol?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Actually, I would love to see a powerful, black mutant family emerge.

I always felt it could have worked with Storm having mutant kin from Africa & America.
    Who in Ororo's family is a mutant besides her?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-06-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Who in Ororo's family is a mutant besides her?
    None that we know of. A whole lotta untapped story potential, imo. Both sides should have mutants.

It's peculiar that seemingly only white folks can produce mutant bloodlines. Mutant POC may have a two relative limit. One might see sibling POC mutants (a total of two), but that is it. White folks make up the majority of Homo Superior, plus omegas.

Apocalypse & his family might be the exception, but I could be wrong.

It's another comical irony where x-fans accuse other franchises of racism while ignoring intentional or unintentional racism from within.

None that we know of. A whole lotta untapped story potential, imo. Both sides should have mutants.

It's peculiar that seemingly only white folks can produce mutant bloodlines. Mutant POC may have a two relative limit. One might see sibling POC mutants (a total of two), but that is it. White folks make up the majority of Homo Superior, plus omegas.

It's another comical irony where x-fans accuse other franchises of racism while ignoring intentional or unintentional racism from within.
    St Croix family? M, Emplate, and the twins Claudette and Nicole

Bishop was hinted at being a descendant of current X-men which is why I think it's hard for them to choose someone to pair him with.

Storm I think will only have children with Black Panther

Synch was dead forever

Prodigy has a sister but she isn't a mutant

Bedlam and King Bedlam killed their parents

Frenzy's brother died in service it was never stated if he was a mutant or not

Why stop there, let's consider how many black legacy families are there? From example: Guthrie's, Frost, Braddock, and lastly Summers/Grey. Black folk kind of have Bedlam brother, and they both aren't upper echelon mutants that hold weight as a duo like say the Fernis twins.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Why stop there, let's consider how many black legacy families are there? From example: Guthrie's, Frost, Braddock, and lastly Summers/Grey. Black folk kind of have Bedlam brother, and they both aren't upper echelon mutants that hold weight as a duo like say the Fernis twins.
    Storm also has a nephew and more family from hudlin run on both sides and no mutant. We all know what it is. White has to be the foundation of everything for some reason. Also in the past i've said every five movies you get a movie of color but it goes to phases to. If it comes out on time phase 5 will be the first marvel phase to start off with a character of color and tchalla won't even be in it. It's always an excuse for why it can't be for the brown folk.

But on the flip if we didn't support anything just because we are second class citizens in it we would all just be watching i don't even know what. reruns of martin i guess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    St Croix family? M, Emplate, and the twins Claudette and Nicole

Bishop was hinted at being a descendant of current X-men which is why I think it's hard for them to choose someone to pair him with.

Storm I think will only have children with Black Panther

Synch was dead forever

Prodigy has a sister but she isn't a mutant

Bedlam and King Bedlam killed their parents

Frenzy's brother died in service it was never stated if he was a mutant or not
    I forgot about Monet's family, great catch.

Note that at best, we only get siblings.

Shaman & his daughter might be the rare POC parent/child exception, but still only two.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    We gotta remember the Rasputins. In my head canon, Wanda and Pietro are still Magneto's kids, along with Lorna.

The Bedlam Brothers should be wrecking Sentinel facilities all over the planet. They should be members of X-Force, along with Bishop. Three black men on one team?!

Reed Richards and Tony Stark would have the blues dealing with the Bedlams.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm also has a nephew and more family from hudlin run on both sides and no mutant. We all know what it is. White has to be the foundation of everything for some reason. Also in the past i've said every five movies you get a movie of color but it goes to phases to. If it comes out on time phase 5 will be the first marvel phase to start off with a character of color and tchalla won't even be in it. It's always an excuse for why it can't be for the brown folk.

But on the flip if we didn't support anything just because we are second class citizens in it we would all just be watching i don't even know what. reruns of martin i guess.
    Sometimes I get the feelinig that Storm is meant to be the exceptional black, and not like the rest of us.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-the-maraud...assing-defeat/

So Bishop, Pyro and Bobby spoilers:
    were brought back just so that they could get killed? And shouldn't Bobby be able to survive this? I guess they needed The Five to put in some more resurrection work.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-the-maraud...assing-defeat/

So Bishop, Pyro and Bobby spoilers:
    were brought back just so that they could get killed? And shouldn't Bobby be able to survive this? I guess they needed The Five to put in some more resurrection work.
    end of spoilers
    I can't put into words how glad I am that I dropped this series. For the love of God someone please emancipate Bishop.

At least Everett is getting some shine over in X-Men(same writer no less). Too bad it's not working for Bishop in Marauders.

Data pages and a few panels is all we get.

So our guy get's the big promotion but I'm honestly not even feeling happy about it. I really just get vibes of Bishop being the fall guy when this is all said and done.