Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I was gonna go in on the preview thread for the King in Black one shot but will just speak my peace here. Bishop being given permission to Captain by Miss Kitty is just a smack in the face. Of course the X-office gets to say they let Bishop get his Captain on like we don't see straight through the fact that it's in a one shot that will never be referenced again. Damn sure can't have that going on in the main series cause the HHK gotta protect Candyland.. I mean Krakoa and Miss Kitty.

Putting it out there now by the end of the issue Bishop will not have used his powers and Kitty will be the hero of the mission.
    Okay, I read your post and then I looked in the KiB thread. You should have prepared me better for that utter nonsense. So Bishop has to be told when to do his job now? Frak, the only thing missing was him saying please and thank you. To paraphrase T'Challa, SOMEONE GET THIS MAN ON S.W.O.R.D.!!!

And like you guys said, it happens in a one-shot! Not the regular book, not in a major X-Men event but in a tie-in that will hardly get noticed. This is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, I read your post and then I looked in the KiB thread. You should have prepared me better for that utter nonsense. So Bishop has to be told when to do his job now? Frak, the only thing missing was him saying please and thank you. To paraphrase T'Challa, SOMEONE GET THIS MAN ON S.W.O.R.D.!!!

And like you guys said, it happens in a one-shot! Not the regular book, not in a major X-Men event but in a tie-in that will hardly get noticed. This is pathetic.
    Lol sorry bro but that ignorance had to be seen to be believed. To go from when he debuted to the genocidal baby killer to this pathetic excuse of a character is just sickening. The writing is on the wall and our vision on point. Literally no one at this point can defend how Bishop is being handled. Hell no I'm not buying this travesty or Marauders proper. .

Get black men to write and edit x-men books!!!

I still don't believe that they lost Chris Robinson and now there is zero black people editing x-men comics. There is only one writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quietly ponders if Storm has finally got her revenge by leaving Bishop under the thumb of Kate "cash me outside" Pryde while she heads off into space.

If Bishop had boss music, it would come on once he started running.

I see those images and can't help but chant, "Mullet! Mullet! Mullet!"

And everyone knows that Kitty....errr....Kate is the best X-Man leader.

Extraordinary Member

I see those images and can't help but chant, "Mullet! Mullet! Mullet!"

And everyone knows that Kitty....errr....Kate is the best X-Man leader.
    I understand, but those were his best years. Things started going downhill once he got a haircut.

Mullet = Character push?

Also, Bishop would eventually get a change of heart. Going from fanboy to grab 'em by the face is no easy task, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I understand, but those were his best years.
    Agreed. Making the cover of Wizard Magazine is truly an honor (IMHO):

Things started going downhill once he got a haircut.
    Along with getting rid of his XSE uniform, and replacing it with a generic outfit with a metallic collar attached.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-28-2021 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I understand, but those were his best years. Things started going downhill once he got a haircut.

Mullet = Character push?

Also, Bishop would eventually get a change of heart. Going from fanboy to grab 'em by the face is no easy task, I imagine.

Oh, I love it! The mullet was rocking!

Now see, this is why he's a great character. How many other X-Men besides Logan would grab Scott by the face and basically tell him to shut up.

Incredible Member

Mullet = Character push?

Bishop was entirely in the wrong here.

Does he know more about oppression than Cyclops, having had lived for twenty years in the Age of Apocalypse? Yes. But Cyclops also lived for ten years under Apocalypse's regime when he raised Cable. He's not an idiot, and yet Bishop treating him and others like they were set the stage for him trying to kill Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post

Does he know more about oppression than Cyclops, having had lived for twenty years in the Age of Apocalypse? Yes. But Cyclops also lived for ten years under Apocalypse's regime when he raised Cable. He's not an idiot, and yet Bishop treating him and others like they were set the stage for him trying to kill Hope.
    You forget that Bishop grew up on a concentration camp for mutants, while Cyclops was for like 12 years as adult on a post apocalyptic world.
    And Bishop is black, even if everyone forgot about mutants, he would still suffer racism. His life is harder

Don't you think Scott is entirely in the wrong for trying to preach to Bishop about oppression?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    You forget that Bishop grew up on a concentration camp for mutants, while Cyclops was for like 12 years as adult on a post apocalyptic world.
    And Bishop is black, even if everyone forgot about mutants, he would still suffer racism. His life is harder
    I didn't forget about his future, I was finding an equivalency between their experiences. We as an outsider can say that Bishop's life was harder, but it's kind of messed up to say to somebody that my pain was more painful than yours when they've both lived for over a decade in a time where they've seen the result of the oppression they're fighting.

Don't you think Scott is entirely in the wrong for trying to preach to Bishop about oppression?
    I don't remember the context entirely, but Cyclops wasn't preaching about oppression, he was speaking on the X-Men's role in the Civil War and the SRA and how Bishop could either stand by them or go off on his own.

Edit: I just re-read that part of the issue. Cyclops allowed the 198 to leave the mansion during a riot to avoid any of them dying whereas Bishop wanted them contained, both using the argument of a Sentinel ruled future to justify their arguments. Bishop accused Cyclops of not being as good a leader with Emma Frost guiding him and not Professor X and Cyclops pointed out to Bishop that he was acting subversively against them by having had also joined the O*N*E*. Now, Bishop wasn't wrong because Cyclops hasn't actually lived through a future like Bishop's, but Bishop arguing that Cyclops hasn't seen real oppression is also wrong.

It's the old freedom vs security question. Cyclops believes that living under the government's security will lead to Sentinel rule and Bishop believes that unless mutants police themselves for the government, the Sentinels will be called to reign them in. Having seen Bishop's future, we know that's not why the Sentinels ruled there but we do know that's why they didn't get a second reign.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 01-31-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea bishop taking orders from kitty is very ridiculous. she really should lead just younger mutants and not seasoned veteran ones such as bishop.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I didn't forget about his future, I was finding an equivalency between their experiences. We as an outsider can say that Bishop's life was harder, but it's kind of messed up to say to somebody that my pain was more painful than yours when they've both lived for over a decade in a time where they've seen the result of the oppression they're fighting.
    There isn't equivalency between a white man and a black man. Specially with Bishop story, being a kid marked with M on the face like a jew on holocausts. Scott has no riht to talk about opression

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There isn't equivalency between a white man and a black man. Specially with Bishop story, being a kid marked with M on the face like a jew on holocausts. Scott has no riht to talk about opression
    It's called a situational equivalency, situation being where the white man and the black man were oppressed by the blue man. He absolutely has a right to talk about oppression when he fights it every day. There are many different kinds of oppression. Hell, you can be oppressed by your own race, look at the farmers in India right now. So stop trying to make this a racial issue, it's not. The oppression Bishop was talking about was genetic oppression, and he and Cyclops both lived for a long time under Apocalypse experiencing just that.