Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Eternals, Vol. 4 (2008–2009) also from the Knaufs. Tony makes another appearance:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eternals_Vol_4

Your right. I have this issue. Really cool appearance by Tony. Loved the art work.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know some people aren't fond of Cantwell's run but imo, we've gotten far more Tony Stark in his run than we did in Slott's. Slott spent so much time trying to debate whether Tony was real or A.I. that I didn't connect with the character. Whether you like Cantwell's approach or not, it's better to me because it's not distracted by "is this Tony real"?

And while it's an oddball supporting cast, they surprisingly work well together and I like how they interact with each other. And Cafu's art is amazing and we haven't said that about an Iron Man comic since Fraction and Larroca.
    Generally agreed. I'm a sucker for a good Blade Runner/Phillip K. Dick-inspired (insofar as the questions of identity and personhood raised there) story idea or concept, but that last run wasn't it, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Your right. I have this issue. Really cool appearance by Tony. Loved the art work.
    Thanks, Tony Stark.

Since you love the artwork, the same artist also did Black Widow (2010). Tony only appears during the start of the series, though.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Widow_Vol_4
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-28-2021 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks, Tony Stark.

Since you love the artwork, the same artist also did Black Widow (2010). Tony only appears during the start of the series, though.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Widow_Vol_4
    Thanks. I actually have that Black Widow issue. Acuna's art to me is just beautiful. I wish he would get a chance to draw Tony more often.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Thanks. I actually have that Black Widow issue. Acuna's art to me is just beautiful. I wish he would get a chance to draw Tony more often.
    Hard same...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I!

I! AM!

I! AM! IRON MAN!

I! AM! IRON MAN!

. . . Sorry, I had flashbacks to the 90s Iron Man animated series and couldn't help myself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Awesome! Iron Man: Requiem, which reprints the first meeting between Tony & Rhodey (in a flashback) from Iron Man #144!
    An interesting reading experience (IMHO):

Really nice work!

Mighty Member

Speaking of the Iron Man 90s cartoon, I'm currently watching it. It's fun, if a little goofy at times. Even being made in the 90s, the opening credits sounds like an 80s action movie. Or an arcade game from the 90s. It seems like the writers didn't really understand Iron Man. The suit up is hilarious with him walking in the suit and using electricity powers to lift the helmet. The Mandarin is more comics accurate than the MCU but all he does is shout most of the time. Wanda's character...wow, doesn't even look close to her original costume. But her and Julia fighting over Tony is cute. The sound seems to be a little off. Sometimes the music and action overlap the dialogue and it's hard to hear at points. Sentry speaks very softly. But yeah despite the flaws it's fun and also fun to see Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Speaking of the Iron Man 90s cartoon, I'm currently watching it. It's fun, if a little goofy at times. Even being made in the 90s, the opening credits sounds like an 80s action movie. Or an arcade game from the 90s. It seems like the writers didn't really understand Iron Man. The suit up is hilarious with him walking in the suit and using electricity powers to lift the helmet. The Mandarin is more comics accurate than the MCU but all he does is shout most of the time. Wanda's character...wow, doesn't even look close to her original costume. But her and Julia fighting over Tony is cute. The sound seems to be a little off. Sometimes the music and action overlap the dialogue and it's hard to hear at points. Sentry speaks very softly. But yeah despite the flaws it's fun and also fun to see Hawkeye.
    Have you gotten to season 2 yet?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have you gotten to season 2 yet?
    I'm at the tail end of Season 1 The Origin of Iron Man part 1 and 2. I'm guessing it improves a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm at the tail end of Season 1 The Origin of Iron Man part 1 and 2. I'm guessing it improves a bit?
    I would say considerably .