Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That time in Slott’s run you are right. Tony was acting like an *******, but Pymtron was Pymtron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The sad thing is that for all we know, there's nothing really left of Hank Pym in "Pymtron," and Pymtron just wears (half of) his face and speaks in his voice to mock the Avengers. Given the state of Hank Pym's soul as of the ending of Infinity Countdown (which was a prelude to Infinity Wars) . . . That said, yeah, there is room to argue that the Avengers aren't that good at helping each other when they fall on rough times, physically or psychologically. They'll band together in a world/galaxy/universe(s)-threatening crisis, sure, but actually helping recover from an emotional, nervous, or flat-out psychotic breakdown? Not so much.
    Yeah you’re right. The Avengers need to do a better job of helping fallen teammates.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Yeah you’re right. The Avengers need to do a better job of helping fallen teammates.
    Yeah, it's certainly not just Tony. I]m just really disappointed in the way Hank has been treated over the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, it's certainly not just Tony. I]m just really disappointed in the way Hank has been treated over the past several years.
    I was actually hoping Tony and Janet would go and find Hank to help him out, but they did Ultron Agenda instead.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It's strange because the Avengers usually look after each other. With the news in Hulk about how the others felt about him, it really makes me think sometimes that some writers have something against the Avengers. They're either fascists, supremists or in milder cases portrayed as jerks when appearing in other titles.

CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #1 (OF 5)
    Written by DEREK LANDY
    Art by ÁNGEL UNZUETA
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    On Sale 11/24

Thanks juan678! The more Tony the merrier. Always look forward to team ups with Tony and Steve. That’s why I can’t wait for the Avengers annual coming out.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's strange because the Avengers usually look after each other. With the news in Hulk about how the others felt about him, it really makes me think sometimes that some writers have something against the Avengers. They're either fascists, supremists or in milder cases portrayed as jerks when appearing in other titles.
    I would think a lot of the issues with the Avengers' portrayal started with Disassembled going into Civil War and the fallout from that leading into Dark Reign and its aftermath. I mean, Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch had a total reality-warping psychotic breakdown that resulted in several Avengers' deaths, sparked by the reminder of her lost children that came from a flippant remark made by Janet van Dyne while they were supposed to be relaxing, and the (temporary) disbanding of the Avengers as a team and organization. Then Civil War saw the Avengers split by the Superhero (or Superhuman) Registration Act, with its supporters getting deep in touch with their inner fascists and indefinitely locking up anyone who fought the SHRA in an extradimensional prison where they didn't have to observe human rights laws, which the supervillains ultimately took advantage of under Norman Osborn, the not-so-former Green Goblin's direction. Even after Osborn was toppled from power, the scars remained, as per Wonder Man's fit of pique where he attacked the Avengers with a band of similarly minded malcontents that saw the Avengers as a contributing factor in, if not the cause of, so much of the Marvel Universe's historical and current problems, or Osborn's attempt at a comeback in which he tried to discredit the Avengers in the eyes of the general public (and nearly succeeded). For what it's worth, I blame a lot of that on incorporating the characterization from the Ultimates wherein that version of the Avengers was at best deeply flawed and at worst merely tools of the U.S. military-industrial complex, serving to maintain an oppressive status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #1 (OF 5)
    Written by DEREK LANDY
    Art by ÁNGEL UNZUETA
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    On Sale 11/24
    Thanks juan678! The more Tony the merrier. Always look forward to team ups with Tony and Steve. That’s why I can’t wait for the Avengers annual coming out.
    Thanks, indeed. Sounds like it's gonna be fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Your right. It does seem like they’ve become the fall guys for bad teammates.

Deleting the hero registration files that he'd used Extremis to store inside his own brain so Norman Osborn couldn't get at them, right?
    Yep, and Tony deleted everything. If you haven't, you should check out Matt Fraction's run...good stuff.

What happened to Tony's adamantium suit?
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...amantium-suit/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    Yep, and Tony deleted everything. If you haven't, you should check out Matt Fraction's run...good stuff.
    Thanks. I've checked out some of it before, but I should probably do a deeper and more thorough dive into it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thanks. I've checked out some of it before, but I should probably do a deeper and more thorough dive into it.
    You won’t regret it my friend. From beginning to end it’s an amazing ride.

I loved the Fraction and Gillen runs. Besides that, I try and collect some trades that include life changing stories. I even have The Crossing..