Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Preview of Avengers Annual #1 featuring Tony and Cap.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/20/ma...s-annual-2021/
    They're really leaning into the Iron Man/Cap team lately .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I just love every page of every issue. And that’s something I’ve never said before about a comic. Great to see a writer who’s using existing and defined characters instead of creating a dozen more future wallpaper characters.

I somehow have a feeling that Frog-Man will play a role later, I mean he can’t just be the ASL translator for Halcyon, who I find a great addition. This whole series so far in my opinion, is very much about the vulnerability of humans.

What did Tony do before, when there was troubles? He pressed a few buttons and had an even better armor than the previously, or he built a problem solver machine or gadget. Now he has to rely an friends and must work with what he has got at hand.

The cover suggests that Tony will become the next Korvac or a Herald?
    Given how many obscure and underused characters already exist in the vastness of the Marvel Universe, I kind of prefer writers who do that, too. And yeah, tackling human vulnerability in a superhero universe is an excellent underlying theme to address here, so I'm also glad that's been done pretty well so far, by and large.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s great to see that. They should have gotten by their past mistakes now and get back to their brotherhood that they had before.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Given how many obscure and underused characters already exist in the vastness of the Marvel Universe, I kind of prefer writers who do that, too. And yeah, tackling human vulnerability in a superhero universe is an excellent underlying theme to address here, so I'm also glad that's been done pretty well so far, by and large.
    Ditto! Love all of the obscure characters. The ones that sit on the shelf for decades. Cantwell is doing a great job. Loving his run so far. Guys like him, Spencer(Superior Foes) and Hallum(Porcupine) can take these obscure characters and give them such characterization that you actually enjoy them almost as much as the main character. Cantwell is doing a great job with Hellcat and the rest of the B squad. I’m already hoping Avro-X will stick around and be like Rhodey was in the past. Appearing quite frequently. I hope the entire B squad sticks around for awhile.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Ditto! Love all of the obscure characters. The ones that sit on the shelf for decades. Cantwell is doing a great job. Loving his run so far. Guys like him, Spencer(Superior Foes) and Hallum(Porcupine) can take these obscure characters and give them such characterization that you actually enjoy them almost as much as the main character. Cantwell is doing a great job with Hellcat and the rest of the B squad. I’m already hoping Avro-X will stick around and be like Rhodey was in the past. Appearing quite frequently. I hope the entire B squad sticks around for awhile.
    Yeah, that would be cool, too. Speaking of the B squad, as it were, Ben Reilly and Misty Knight will be seen again in Spider-Man Beyond, with Misty (alongside Colleen Wing) responsible for training Ben into a "better Spider-Man" for the Beyond Corporation. Not sure where the others will end up after this, but I'd hope to see them again somewhere as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I like what Cantwell is doing with these obscure characters as well. He’s using the rich tapestry Marvel already has. Korvac included. This series is getting better the longer it goes. So as it’s been stated already. I hope Cantwell and CAFU have a long reign on Iron Man.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-21-2021 at 11:58 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I like what Cantwell is doing with these obscure characters as well. He’s using the rich tapestry Marvel already has. Korvac included. This series is getting better than longer it goes. So as it’s been stated already. I hope Cantwell and CAFU have a long reign on Iron Man.
    This. I’m still holding out hope we’ll see an updated return of Cobalt Man and Titanium Man. Maybe Jack of Hearts too, since Cantwell seems to be a big fan of Mantlo’s run.

It’s great to see that. They should have gotten by their past mistakes now and get back to their brotherhood that they had before.
    Agreed. Brotherly love, that's what I'm here for. I'm all for it, all the way!

Preview of Avengers Annual #1 featuring Tony and Cap.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/20/ma...s-annual-2021/
    Oh God, not another super duper kid..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, sometimes people forget that they actually get along. It's always the conflicts that get talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Yeah you're right. I love those older issues. I was just reading the Korvac Saga a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, sometimes people forget that they actually get along. It's always the conflicts that get talked about.
    That's what I'm saying. It's like they forgot that Steve and Tony saved the universe together about a zillion times.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They are like brothers. One minute they are throwing punches at one another and the next they have each other’s backs.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

This brings back good memories.

Okay guys, you have to stop this. I'll be digging thru boxes for days looking for stuff like this.