Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Linking to the Polygon interview with Coates. It's primarily about his run on Black Panther, but there's a very nice bit where he talks about the Brubaker situation and basically sings a love song to Death of Captain America arc and that entire run.

As a whole, it's interesting to read his thought process on writing for the comics and story decision, and part of me hopes -- and doubts -- we'll get anything similar when he closes out this run on Cap. I'd love to hear his thoughts on story decisions.
    Thanks for suggesting that Coate’s interview. His love of Brubaker/Epting, and KSD along with Priest’s support was heartwarming.

Fantastic Member

It looks like Steve, for some reason, will be appearing in SWORD #6:

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    It looks like Steve, for some reason, will be appearing in SWORD #6:

Hopefully nothing in there for X-Fans to rip him a new one for.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There’s always something for X-fans to hold a grudge. I say that as an X-fan, so I speak from experience.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder who will be relaunching the book once Coates’ run finishes next month.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It'd be interesting if they got Christopher Cantwell to do the ongoing after The United States of Captain America mini this summer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Oh. You were serious.

I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's Priest.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

At this rate?

Mariko Tamaki.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    At this rate?

Mariko Tamaki.
    Well, she's writing Detective Comics right now so I think she might be a little too busy to take over a Cap book.

Writers can do more than one book. Al Ewing is on Venom, SWORD, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Ram V is on Venom, Justice League Dark, and Catwoman (Ewing's Hulk and Ram V's Swamp Thing both finish before they take over Venom). Is Tamaki on anything else other than Detective? If not, she can't be ruled out... though I do think it'll be Cantwell, whose only other book currently is Iron Man, I think?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Writers can do more than one book. Al Ewing is on Venom, SWORD, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Ram V is on Venom, Justice League Dark, and Catwoman (Ewing's Hulk and Ram V's Swamp Thing both finish before they take over Venom). Is Tamaki on anything else other than Detective? If not, she can't be ruled out... though I do think it'll be Cantwell, whose only other book currently is Iron Man, I think?
    I think it depends on the writer how much they can take on. I'm not sure what's the most books Tamaki has written at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's from Planet-Size X-Men, but I'm pretty sure this scene is set at the old Xavier Institute (renamed the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning by Wolverine in his "screw you, Cyclops!" phase). That said, if Captain America and Cyclops are finally getting past the old tensions . . . that's a plus for me.
    I'm wondering if they made a deal for the Avengers to take over the mansion property and convert it to use for the Avengers as a satellite facility, for "normal" interactions with people, especially world leaders. The Avengers Mountain/Celestial hookup probably is out of reach for most people.

The danger room basements could be converted to non-artificial intelligence combat training centers.

If the Avengers start training kids again, this can also be where they go.

The Cerebro Room would be converted to a movie theater.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm wondering if they made a deal for the Avengers to take over the mansion property and convert it to use for the Avengers as a satellite facility, for "normal" interactions with people, especially world leaders. The Avengers Mountain/Celestial hookup probably is out of reach for most people.

The danger room basements could be converted to non-artificial intelligence combat training centers.

That would be an interesting thought.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

They already have that...but it was only shown in the Infinity: The Hunt series that had all the kid from the super hero schools around the world.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-07-2021 at 06:10 PM.