Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like we've definitely had enough of navel-gazing, stoic, Cap.
    The majority may consider it just a product of the '90s, but I'll always LOVE it!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, at this point Cap shouldn't be doubting himself or his place in America and the world. Remender's first run on Cap summed up who he is perfectly. No matter where he is or when he is, Steve stands for the right of people to live free regardless of who they are.

He's had plenty of stories regarding socio-political issues and I don't have a problem with that. It's when Cap starts doubting himself is what I get tired of.
    To paraphrase Aunt May in the first Spider-Man film by Sam Raimi: "He's not Spider-Man, you know."

That said, who's been checking out Captain America/Iron Man (or is it Iron Man/Captain America) by Derek Landy, which does follow up on some of the plotlines from Landy's previous The Falcon and the Winter Soldier mini? It's always been an interesting dynamic between those two, though a new solo Cap run would definitely be great to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority may consider it just a product of the '90s, but I'll always LOVE it!

That is SO COOL!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That is SO COOL!

Peace
    I know, right?! Ron Garney is an all-time favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To paraphrase Aunt May in the first Spider-Man film by Sam Raimi: "He's not Spider-Man, you know."

That said, who's been checking out Captain America/Iron Man (or is it Iron Man/Captain America) by Derek Landy, which does follow up on some of the plotlines from Landy's previous The Falcon and the Winter Soldier mini? It's always been an interesting dynamic between those two, though a new solo Cap run would definitely be great to see.
    I'm getting the Captain America/Iron Man mini and it's pretty good one issue in. In does pick up the plot points and characters from the Falcon/Winter Soldier mini. You should pick it up.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

A cool video about Steve and Tony.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_H2FxuOWs
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Anyone heard future plans to reignite Cap on going? I’d like to see if Sharon and the Daughters of Liberty return, and of course missing the Cap/Rogers run in general. Rumors on writers and artists? Really support what Cantwell did with his stint.
    I've been a bit surprised by the general malaise of most comic book fans when it's come to the absence of an ongoing Captain America monthly...That there has been NO buzz at all about anything upcoming in that regard is ridiculous and inexcusable in my opinion. If this were Spider-Man and his monthly Amazing title had been concluded with only the occasional mini to see him in, I have a hunch fans would be going apoplectic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'm getting the Captain America/Iron Man mini and it's pretty good one issue in. In does pick up the plot points and characters from the Falcon/Winter Soldier mini. You should pick it up.
    Sounds good. I'll pick it up sometime, hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    I've been a bit surprised by the general malaise of most comic book fans when it's come to the absence of an ongoing Captain America monthly...That there has been NO buzz at all about anything upcoming in that regard is ridiculous and inexcusable in my opinion. If this were Spider-Man and his monthly Amazing title had been concluded with only the occasional mini to see him in, I have a hunch fans would be going apoplectic.
    True enough, but that's mostly because Spider-Man is the #1 icon of Marvel Comics, so he's never going to be out of circulation as a regular monthly for that long. Marvel wouldn't let that happen because he's the most popular hero character Marvel has, even if I would increasingly frequently disagree with aspects of Marvel's stewardship with him.

Fantastic Member

maybe its hickman on cap america i know he dosent really do solo books but cap sure could use a jolt of energy to his character and if the storyline line teased in timeless happens im sure you would want an A list writer on the cap book not these lower rung guys turning out this endless parade of low selling mini series.

the one thing i can say for fact , and ive heard from 2 people locked in is that i s there will be a NEW CAP ONGOING BOOK ON THE SHelf BY MID 2022

Fantastic Member

I think something is coming soon, as Mark Brooks posted this on Twitter.

FGiQnhTXEAIKZs4.jpg

It's from a larger piece, but considering Cap, Sharon, Sam, and Misty Knight (who is still dating Sam, I think??) are featured, it might be connected to a new #1. Or we're just getting a fancy new Capfam piece for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I think something is coming soon, as Mark Brooks posted this on Twitter.

FGiQnhTXEAIKZs4.jpg

It's from a larger piece, but considering Cap, Sharon, Sam, and Misty Knight (who is still dating Sam, I think??) are featured, it might be connected to a new #1. Or we're just getting a fancy new Capfam piece for reasons.
    here's hoping. Sharon seems young again (don't know if this has been explained anywhere. Haven't read any Cap in a while).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    here's hoping. Sharon seems young again (don't know if this has been explained anywhere. Haven't read any Cap in a while).

Peace
    She got young again at the end of Coates run.

I really hope they have some planned for a new Cap solo.

I love Mark Brooks art and am ready for a new Cap book .

All Cap fans should be picking this up. Preview of Captain America/Iron Man #2
    https://screenrant.com/captain-ameri...war-fued-over/

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    All Cap fans should be picking this up. Preview of Captain America/Iron Man #2
    https://screenrant.com/captain-ameri...war-fued-over/
    I can cosign that. For all the differences they've had over the years, the best thing about their relationship, at least when written well, is that they fundamentally respect, understand, and trust each other in ways they both need, but don't always get elsewhere.