Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    750 won’t be until issue 60, because issue 10 of this run was the 700th issue
    Avengers: No Road Home was counted as being part of the legacy numbering. Figure those ten issues in, and issue 50 is 750.

The Darkhold story may be more interesting than what is currently happening in Jason Aaron's Avengers.

The Madness of the Darkhold Grips Iron Man and Blade in New Tie-In Issues
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement

You got Cap, Iron Man, Wanda, Wasp, Spider-Man, and Blade all together.

1. Did anyone else pick up Avengers: Tech-On #1 today? If so, what did you think of it? I thought it was pretty fun.

2. I posted a separate thread but now realize I should’ve posted here: why is Aaron’s Avengers so awful? I was going to pick up the series as my entryway into modern Avengers but the reactions online have been… aggressively negative.

Mighty Member

He writes it like a Sunday morning cartoon and every arc is more or less meant to feel like am event. Leaves little time for character work. A lot of people are frustrated, and yet the book continues to sell decently well so there are plenty of people who are fine with it. The vampire arc and the ghost rider arc are two that I'd recommend.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeman View Post
    1. Did anyone else pick up Avengers: Tech-On #1 today? If so, what did you think of it? I thought it was pretty fun.

2. I posted a separate thread but now realize I should’ve posted here: why is Aaron’s Avengers so awful? I was going to pick up the series as my entryway into modern Avengers but the reactions online have been… aggressively negative.
    If you want modern day i.e. MCU start with New Avengers by Bendis

A lot of people on these boards don't like it, but I adore it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    If you want modern day i.e. MCU start with New Avengers by Bendis

A lot of people on these boards don't like it, but I adore it.
    Yes, I concur, New avengers by Bendis is a perfect entry point for modern avengers. I also liked the avengers by Geoff Johns, and by Hickman (but the Hickman's Avengers are not a good entry point) The Avengers by Dan Slott was not perfect, far from it, but there was some cool idea. And the Uncanny Avengers, who is more an X-book, is very cool too.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

The best place for a new reader to start on Avengers is Kurt Busiek's run. He honored what came before while making it easy for new readers to join in.

Honestly I think Busiek is a better jumping on point coming off the MCU than Bendis because it actually features more of the MCU Avengers (Trinity, Widow, Hawkeye, Wanda, Vision, etc).

Mighty Member

Bendis is a good enough place to start with Modern Avengers. It essentially tells a new story separate from anything that came before it. Hickman builds up from concepts and ideas that Bendis left off. They are like Yin and Yang.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Bendis is a good enough place to start with Modern Avengers. It essentially tells a new story separate from anything that came before it. Hickman builds up from concepts and ideas that Bendis left off. They are like Yin and Yang.
    Yeah totally, the last issue feeds directly into Hickman's first issue

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    He writes it like a Sunday morning cartoon and every arc is more or less meant to feel like am event. Leaves little time for character work. A lot of people are frustrated, and yet the book continues to sell decently well so there are plenty of people who are fine with it. The vampire arc and the ghost rider arc are two that I'd recommend.
    This is pretty much what I think. Great ideas, action is okay but the team feels robotic at times, like we're getting the generalized version of the characters. The Thor/She-Hulk/Jen dynamic was cool but hasn't been touched on in a while. The Vampire, Khonshu and Winter Guard arcs were good but they were long ago. The team spouts generic lines and here's not much depth.

While the team may not have been a family in a sense like FF or X-Men, they had their own dynamic that made them function well together. Don't really see much of that dynamic anymore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is pretty much what I think. Great ideas, action is okay but the team feels robotic at times, like we're getting the generalized version of the characters. The Thor/She-Hulk/Jen dynamic was cool but hasn't been touched on in a while. The Vampire, Khonshu and Winter Guard arcs were good but they were long ago. The team spouts generic lines and here's not much depth.

While the team may not have been a family in a sense like FF or X-Men, they had their own dynamic that made them function well together. Don't really see much of that dynamic anymore.
    yea, i'd say once you kinda accept the level of depth, you just read the book for the action sequences essentially, because he does try to get fairly creative with those. But the family dynamic is fairly forced. There are instances of him writing particular characters as having formed some sort of bond, but we never really get the chance to see that (e.g. Blade and Thor seemed to have connected strongly when Blade recounts how they met each other during Heroes Reborn, but we never really see the growth of that). Same for the mentor relationship Captain Marvel and Ghost Rider are supposed to have, but again we never really see that develop. If you read the book, read it for the action and nothing else, and it'll be somewhat less frustrating.

Mighty Member

Supersize extravaganza of Earth's mightiest action and surprises!
    Witness the jaw-dropping conclusion of "World War She-Hulk!" Learn the true purpose of the prehistoric Avengers! Uncover the shocking secret of the Iron Inquisitor! Behold the most powerful collection of super-psychopaths that any Earth has ever seen! Watch the Avengers recruit some shocking new members! And follow the Ghost Rider on a quest for vengeance across the Multiverse that will spark an all-new era in Avengers history!

Does anyone know who will joining the team?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Supersize extravaganza of Earth's mightiest action and surprises!
    Witness the jaw-dropping conclusion of "World War She-Hulk!" Learn the true purpose of the prehistoric Avengers! Uncover the shocking secret of the Iron Inquisitor! Behold the most powerful collection of super-psychopaths that any Earth has ever seen! Watch the Avengers recruit some shocking new members! And follow the Ghost Rider on a quest for vengeance across the Multiverse that will spark an all-new era in Avengers history!

Does anyone know who will joining the team?
    Probably crazy characters Aaron wants to use, I figure.

Ultimate Member

Who would those be?