Page 41 of 283 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Mighty Member

In watched episode 5 ,Amazing epesode

Extraordinary Member

My one quibble is that in the first two episodes you could tell that they were trying to make a satisfying, funny sitcom episode, and I think the 70s and 80s episodes didn’t quite have enough story to make that work. Maybe inevitable now that they are incorporating more non-sitcom elements.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    Maybe, but Feige said pointedly that this would be where Wanda becomes the Scarlet Witch, and they made a point of having Jimmy say she doesn’t have a code name — meaning that something will happen that gets her that name.

I find it more likely that she’ll have some previously-unknown link to magic, though they’re a bit ambiguous still about what kind of power is fueling all this.

The Quicksilver thing is more a joke about sitcom recasting than a guarantee that this is the actual Fox character.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Feige isn't going to tell any spoilers. I think he wanted the interviewers to stop asking him spoilers about Quicksilver, since he insinuated that he wasn't going to show up, and lo and behold, he's in the show. They haven't said if it's the Fox character, but they did say it was Pietro and not Peter (Fox). So it's about recasting an actor in the same role, not taking a role from another company, which is different. I think anything could happen now, and I don't see how this isn't related to mutants entering the MCU.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'll also say that a believable theory is that

spoilers:
    Wanda stole the Vision's body from SWORD and then made some sort of pact with someone who's really pulling everyone's strings. Due to the Doctor Strange connection and the "Scarlet Witch" moniker coming up, it's reasonable to believe that someone has something to do with magic, although I can't help thinking Mojo would be a very fun, very left-field choice.
    end of spoilers

This isn't really a spoiler but I gotta say they said this series was heavily influenced by her solo I'm not getting any vibe from her solo at all.

Extraordinary Member

I don’t recall them saying it would pull from her solo. The head of marketing for Disney posted a couple of the covers but I thought he was just teasing the idea of “Scarlet Witch.”

The only plot element they could pull from that book is her mom being the previous Scarlet Witch, and I hope they don’t do that here. Just let her have one set of parents and keep the story about them being ordinary people who got killed.

I don’t recall them saying it would pull from her solo. The head of marketing for Disney posted a couple of the covers but I thought he was just teasing the idea of “Scarlet Witch.”

The only plot element they could pull from that book is her mom being the previous Scarlet Witch, and I hope they don’t do that here. Just let her have one set of parents and keep the story about them being ordinary people who got killed.
    Would that still allow the possibility that they were adopted, or not really their parent's children. Things happen in war torn states.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Let me join the chorus and say this was amazing. The show is in high gear and thank Feige that this was a longer episode. We still have how many episodes left?

spoilers:
    I assume that this reveal was the spoiler I successfully avoided, despite everyone's best efforts to reveal it ? Don't tell me if I'm wrong but thank Feige again that I managed that because the shock was worth it.
    end of spoilers

I remember reading it in the Wanda thread IDK how true it is.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Let me join the chorus and say this was amazing. The show is in high gear and thank Feige that this was a longer episode. We still have how many episodes left?

spoilers:
    I assume that this reveal was the spoiler I successfully avoided, despite everyone's best efforts to reveal it ? Don't tell me if I'm wrong but thank Feige again that I managed that because the shock was worth it.
    end of spoilers
    When they announced the cast, it was already spoiled, so the surprise is for people who don't know full details about the show or those in denial. There are 4 episodes left.

This was a great episode.

spoilers:
    The thing about Wanda bringing Vision back to life. I have a theory that once Wanda brought Vision back, he began self repairing to the point where he is able to exist on his own. So if everything in Westview suddenly comes crashing down, Vision will still be able to exist. Pietro on the other hand, I just don't know.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yep. Though the leak in question was from what appears to be next week's episode (though part of that leak included a shot of Wandas spoilers:
    confrontation with SWORD
    end of spoilers in todays episode as well)

My one quibble is that in the first two episodes you could tell that they were trying to make a satisfying, funny sitcom episode, and I think the 70s and 80s episodes didn’t quite have enough story to make that work. Maybe inevitable now that they are incorporating more non-sitcom elements.

agreed on 80s but I thought that the 70s was probably the best sitcom ep. of the bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When they announced the cast, it was already spoiled, so the surprise is for people who don't know full details about the show or those in denial. There are 4 episodes left.
    Yeah, the casting spoiled it. But I'm sure there is a big twist on it

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    Feige isn't going to tell any spoilers. I think he wanted the interviewers to stop asking him spoilers about Quicksilver, since he insinuated that he wasn't going to show up, and lo and behold, he's in the show. They haven't said if it's the Fox character, but they did say it was Pietro and not Peter (Fox). So it's about recasting an actor in the same role, not taking a role from another company, which is different. I think anything could happen now, and I don't see how this isn't related to mutants entering the MCU.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It has nothing to o with mutant entering the MCU. Wanda nor Pietro are mutants on MCU
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-05-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This was a great episode.

spoilers:
    The thing about Wanda bringing Vision back to life. I have a theory that once Wanda brought Vision back, he began self repairing to the point where he is able to exist on his own. So if everything in Westview suddenly comes crashing down, Vision will still be able to exist. Pietro on the other hand, I just don't know.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know, I have a hard time seeing Vision surviving past this show to be honest
    end of spoilers