Page 59 of 283 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    But she was trying to make him hurt people, wasn't she? At least that's the implication. It doesn't fit at all with the idea that Wanda and Pietro only hate the Avengers and are horrified when they find out Ultron wants to kill innocents.

That movie was so strange in the way it made characters act. So much of what they do doesn't make sense.
    Now that you put it that way, Wanda's characterization in that movie did make zero sense. If she got the Hulk to go on a rampage in that African village, how would that hurt the Avengers? Perhaps their reputations would take a hit? I thought Wanda was really aggressive in that movie. Even more so than her brother! She was more "evil" in that film than she was during her time with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the comic books. Thankfully, that take on her character (along with her accent for the most part) has been largely forgotten. To me, having Quicksilver die was a sort of "punishment" for her transgressions. I think that's when audiences began sympathizing with her more. But yeah, her behavior in the Week of Ultron was REALLY inconsistent. Agree with you there.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Now that you put it that way, Wanda's characterization in that movie did make zero sense. If she got the Hulk to go on a rampage in that African village, how would that hurt the Avengers? Perhaps their reputations would take a hit? I thought Wanda was really aggressive in that movie. Even more so than her brother! She was more "evil" in that film than she was during her time with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the comic books. Thankfully, that take on her character (along with her accent for the most part) has been largely forgotten. To me, having Quicksilver die was a sort of "punishment" for her transgressions. I think that's when audiences began sympathizing with her more. But yeah, her behavior in the Week of Ultron was REALLY inconsistent. Agree with you there.
    What happened to the Hulk was already inconsistent to what happened to the other Avengers. None of them was under a mind control like the Hulk was. That was never explained in the Film. I just write that of as "Nobody got killed, and we will never find out what Wanda was trying to do there anyway *lol* "

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What happened to the Hulk was already inconsistent to what happened to the other Avengers. None of them was under a mind control like the Hulk was. That was never explained in the Film. I just write that of as "Nobody got killed, and we will never find out what Wanda was trying to do there anyway *lol* "
    There was no mind control. Each of the other Avengers, save for Steve, was shown a vision of the way in which they are a monster. All based on their fears, regrets, and memories. Thor saw Heimdall blinded and blaming him as a destroyer. Widow saw the training that turned her into a remorseless killer and the price she paid to complete that transformation. Steve was instead shown what he had lost, what being the true and noble soldier had cost him. Wanda was attempting to break each member of the team by showing them they weren't heroes, only killers and lost souls.

We don't know what she showed the Hulk. But the Hulk isn't one for emotional restraint. Being confronted with fear or feelings of isolation and pain? For the Hulk that makes him angry, and when he's angry he smashes. It's his whole thing. Setting off the Hulk is like lighting a match in a house fire, it doesn't take much.

Yeah, we weren't shown what she hit Hulk with because he was the easiest prey. She may not have even created a full illusion, just blasted him with vague feelings and it was enough.

Yeah. Let's just leave it ambiguous. Most people don't really remember that movie anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Man there's not a lot of ways to interpret "You can't control me the way you control them" "Can't I?" And then refusing to tell Vision important facts about his life before they were married, saying he can't leave the town...pretty abusive.

Oh, and she's also manipulating his corpse in defiance of his living will. So there's that.
    The "Can't I?" part was about her rolling the credits to stop the argument. Lot less sinister than one might expect.

She's not manipulating his corpse. He clearly has his own conscience and is a being with more free will than most/all people in WestView. SWORD uses the word "resurrected". spoilers:
    In the leaks we see him leaving the bubble and he's still living and speaking even though it's not Wanda's POV
    end of spoilers. I'm pretty sure most people just misinterpreted a moment of PTSD as a whole other thing.

Great summation of those scenes and the importance.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    CBR needs to stop. They use to be better than these trash articles for clicks.
    Yeah, they've been doing a lot of clickbait lately and when you read the article your like "wtf?", this doesn't make any sense.

They did the same thing with an article about USAgent defiling Steve's legacy all because he appeared to be holding the shield on a poster. That was Reed Richards level of stretching.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I hope they don't end the show on a cliffhanger, regardless of what kind of cliffhanger it is. (If it ended with Wanda as the villain I would just give up on the whole thing, but I don't believe they're going there.) I don't want to have to watch a movie to get the ending of this show (even if the movies aren't all delayed again). This show needs to give us a satisfying ending to the story of Wanda and Vision.

Fortunately I don't think they'll go that route, because Feige is smart about things like this. There may be something that will be used for Doctor Strange 2, but I believe Wanda and Vision's story will be complete here, just like I think Sam and Bucky will tell a complete story regardless of whether Sam becomes Captain America at the end of it.
    Well This Might Help;

That is not reassuring. It could also mean in the end: Wanda's story arc is now complete, she is now a villain, the Scarlet Witch, complete with her Supervillain-Outfit.

Clearly that is not what I'm expecting, but yeah.

Extraordinary Member

That is not reassuring. It could also mean in the end: Wanda's story arc is now complete, she is now a villain, the Scarlet Witch, complete with her Supervillain-Outfit.

Clearly that is not what I'm expecting, but yeah.
    Time to quit the fandom then, this would be the "all for nothing" for me. For all the shit she got from comics, MCU making her villain would probably trigger another "HoM" effect for her, meaning her relevance in comics diminishing/twisted for the next decade again. Jeez, that would be so tiring for fans, as much as I love the character for who she was, I am tired of having to explain to everyone when you have a completely different perception of the character, and everyone who describe the character make you feel the character is wronged.

I'm not gonna draw any conclusions from video theories on what some Youtube video states. I'll wait for them to finish their story then make judgments. I don't think they are making Wanda a villain. I think they are making people think she's the villain for the plot twists they mentioned.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not gonna draw any conclusions from video theories on what some Youtube video states. I'll wait for them to finish their story then make judgments. I don't think they are making Wanda a villain. I think they are making people think she's the villain for the plot twists they mentioned.
    Cannot wait for my trolling spree after the ending. Jeez, not that it's rare for me to hate people in my own fandom, but it's mostly because the likes of gamergaters/comicgaters or their equivalents. For Wanda's fandom? Just people being clueless and wishing the worst for her while putting on smiley faces.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Cannot wait for my trolling spree after the ending. Jeez, not that it's rare for me to hate people in my own fandom, but it's mostly because the likes of gamergaters/comicgaters or their equivalents. For Wanda's fandom? Just people being clueless and wishing the worst for her while putting on smiley faces.
    Yeah they wish the worst for her because it'd give them the best for their real faves, and it tests my patience too, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Interesting debate about WandaVision:

https://www.vulture.com/article/wand...o-we-want.html

I love that this series is the MCU’s version/take on HoM. The clear differences are that Wanda is the main character and not locked away in a room to only show up and utter words that destroyed the mutant community. I’m excited to see where this weeks episode takes us. While I originally thought this would make Wanda a villain, I think I was wrong and she’ll end this in a better place. At least I hope that’s the case.... It seems like the show runner wants to avoid the overpowered woman struggling with power trope.