Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So will Loki be the only link between Kang and Strange? Because I don't recall them being especially connected
    Kang is being introduced in the next ANT MAN via the Quantum Universe. Strange and the multiverse will be linked in MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS and, reportedly, in the next SPIDERMAN. LOKI will likely provide background and “theory” for the multiverse. My guess is that everything will then be brought together in some future “event” movie, perhaps one involving the Fantastic Four.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Kang is being introduced in the next ANT MAN via the Quantum Universe. Strange and the multiverse will be linked in MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS and, reportedly, in the next SPIDERMAN. LOKI will likely provide background and “theory” for the multiverse. My guess is that everything will then be brought together in some future “event” movie, perhaps one involving the Fantastic Four.
    I was speculating it might be connected through some kind of Young Avengers project

I wonder if Ep III felt a lil disjointed at times becase the rumors of the virus plot being removed post covid was true?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-and-winte...r-than-comics/

Sharon Carter darker in the MCU than she is in the comics?

Whoever did this article must not have read Waid and Garney's Cap run. That Sharon was way darker than the Sharon in FaWS.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Whoever did this article must not have read Waid and Garney's Cap run. That Sharon was way darker than the Sharon in FaWS.
    Honestly one of the reasons I really enjoyed Sharon in the third episode was because it gave me flashbacks to her 90s character arc.

Ultimate Member

Here's a hypothetical: if a hero appears to be benevolent but ignores or condones the shady things their government does, are they the dark one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Here's a hypothetical: if a hero appears to be benevolent but ignores or condones the shady things their government does, are they the dark one?
    Kinda.

You could call them an enabler.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Kinda.

You could call them an enabler.
    Ok. I was just wondering if Walker might go down that route

Mighty Member

It's CBR, they suck at life. I'm convinced they write half their articles based on summaries or random social media posts they saw. They posted a Godzilla vs Kong article the other day from somebody who CLEARLY didn't watch the film, as they were trying to compare something that was explicitly explained in the film itself, AND was based on the continuity from the last entry in the franchise, to the nonsense explanation of how Palpatine came back in Rise of Skywalker. So they either straight up didn't watch the movie, or they did and they don't care and they're just trolling for clicks. So, lazy or clickbait or both? You decide.

Well, they're just going off an interview that claimed how much of a departure it was from Sharon in the comics, also not acknowledging Sharon during the Waid and Garney run.

I did like how said interview had Van Camp talking about how long she's been in the MCU despite only having two appearances. And how controversial the Cap kiss was .

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

So much for the Boycott Disney movement post-Gina Carano firing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=826f5337aa19
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    So much for the Boycott Disney movement post-Gina Carano firing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=826f5337aa19
    These regressive types worship capitalism when it steamrolls everyone else but complain when they're "inconvenienced," then come crawling back

Real disappointed in the direction this show is going. I was not a big fan of Episode 3 at all. And again, I don't blame the writers and/or the performers. I blame Marvel Studios for putting so much focus on "world-building".

I really preferred the show when the focus was more on Falcon and Bucky. It felt like we were finally getting to know more about them, and here they're just inserting a dozen more characters at us, barely giving anyone time. Plus the whole "super-serum"-thing just doesn't appeal me much, felt like the MCU should have been past that by now. Don't get me wrong, I like Zemo and Sharon Carter, but I think this show definitely needs to go back to what it was building up in the first two episodes: Sam's black experience, and Bucky's trauma. The plot keeps shoving very fascinating developments aside simply so it can focus on this Flag Smashers plot and I absolutely couldn't give a **** about them. Everything they have done this far is basically Super Soldier Robin Hood.... Why exactly are Sam and Bucky trying to stop folks who are focused on handing out what is easily appearing like humanitarian aid for over 3.5b people who just magically showed up a few weeks/months prior? Feels to me like they are squeezing too much plot into too few episodes, and there are too many characters, none of whom get enough time for character development. And all that plot takes away from time spent exploring the more interesting themes which I mentioned earlier- Sam's black experience, and Bucky's trauma.

SO much happened in Episode 3 (too much in my opinion), they had to setup the jail break, setup Madripoor (which does NOT look like a place that is based in Southeast Asia by looking at the people residing there), introduce Selby, introduce Nagel, introduce Carter, heel turn the flag smashers because they were too sympathetic, tease the Wakanda angle. And after all that, all we got in regards to the central themes was a flippant conversation on the plane.

At this rate, there's not a lot of time to get back on track.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-08-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Loving the show. Hopefully it ends on a satisfying note on its own merits, along with the obligatory setups for future projects.

It was an interesting take on some of the show's shortcomings so far.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-08-2021 at 01:09 PM.