Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean Redwing is no longer a real bird, so doubtful. Remember where they teased the idea that Sam might be a mutant because of it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean Redwing is no longer a real bird, so doubtful. Remember where they teased the idea that Sam might be a mutant because of it?
    I guess so. I just kinda feel his power set is a bit lame in the MCU. Half the Avengers can fly, it's not that distinct

When Sam finally becomes Captain America he will probably get some super soldier serum in him so the serum, shield and wings combo should make him a formidable opponent and a fighting style that's distinct from Steve and Bucky's.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah they were talking about Lumbly being Isaiah Bradley and that will be how Eli is brought in. I hope they also at least mention Josiah if he doesn't appear.

I wonder though if the U.S. gov't wouldn't want to brand Walker as Agent to begin with since Steve and the gov't end on great terms. The U.S. doesn't want Sam running around with Steve's shield and having two patriotic heroes running around.
    Josiah feels like a character who needs a whole series to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not familiar with Isaiah Bradley, but I think he's a contemporary of Steve, so shouldn't he be about a hundred years old by now?
    The character has a variation of the Super Soldier Serum so that increased his longevity and vitality.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The character has a variation of the Super Soldier Serum so that increased his longevity and vitality.
    Oh, so is he still capable of fighting?

When Sam finally becomes Captain America he will probably get some super soldier serum in him so the serum, shield and wings combo should make him a formidable opponent and a fighting style that's distinct from Steve and Bucky's.
    I do wonder how much they'll address the physical difference between Sam and Steve and how Sam has to make up for that.

By comparison Bucky is much closer to Steve strength-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, so is he still capable of fighting?
    not exactly. From what I remember of The Truth mini series, in the modern day, Isaiah Bradley has a kind of "parkinsons disease" like Muhammad Ali.. Last image I saw of him was in the Black Panther/Storm wedding, he was there in a wheelchair..

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Isaia...ey_(Earth-616)

Though they were sworn to secrecy, the legend of Isaiah Bradley, The Black Captain America began to spread through among the Black community, via the Blackvine.[4][9] Numerous members of the Black community began and continued to come and visited Bradley as a sign of respect and, in many cases, hero worship. Some notable visitors include Malcolm X, Richard Pryor, Muhammad Ali, Angela Davis, Alex Haley, Nelson Mandela, and Colin Powell.[9] Outside the Black community, however, he remained largely unknown. When Bradley arrived as a special guest at the wedding of Storm and the Black Panther, several black superheroes (such as Luke Cage, Goliath, Pulsar, Triathlon and Falcon) were awestruck while white superheroes (like Wolverine) were totally unaware of Bradley's identity or importance.[12]

Faith telling Cap about Isaiah's WWII missions

When Phillip Merritt's property was seized due to his incarceration, a tattered Captain America costume was discovered. Steve Rogers was notified, and he began a journey to learn the truth about Isaiah Bradley, his comrades and the attempts to recreate the Super Soldier formula.[13] Rogers met with Faith,[14] presented Isaiah with his old uniform, and took a photo with Bradley for his wall.[9]

Weaknesses

Unforeseen side effects of the experimental recreation of the Super Soldier Serum include:

Mental Deterioration: Isaiah lost much of his cognitive functioning while not receiving treatment in solitary confinement for seventeen years. This neglect left him with the mind of a child.
    Sterility: Isaiah was made sterile by the formula.
    Additionally, there is or was some type of lawsuit against Marvel by the original writer of that mini series. I have no idea if it was resolved or what.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    not exactly. From what I remember of The Truth mini series, in the modern day, Isaiah Bradley has a kind of "parkinsons disease" like Muhammad Ali.. Last image I saw of him was in the Black Panther/Storm wedding, he was there in a wheelchair.
    So I guess we won't be seeing him in action. But supposedly Patriot will be in there.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder how much they'll address the physical difference between Sam and Steve and how Sam has to make up for that.

I vaguely remember that Bucky was in a similar situation when he became Cap and had to develop his own style that fit his strengths instead of replicating Steve. I can see them doing something similar with Sam that ultimately leads to him making the mantle his opposed to trying to replicate the original.

Josiah feels like a character who needs a whole series to himself.
    I don't think they'll give Sam the serum and I don't think Sam would want it. I think it would go against what he's about, being a normal guy. With better H2H skills along with the suits enhancements, he should be able to handle himself.

On Josiah, I agree, they can do so much with his story on D+.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Like I mentioned I hope his H2H skills have improved. I don't want Sam just relying on the suit and gadgets. He's got to be able to fight.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I vaguely remember that Bucky was in a similar situation when he became Cap and had to develop his own style that fit his strengths instead of replicating Steve. I can see them doing something similar with Sam that ultimately leads to him making the mantle his opposed to trying to replicate the original.
    He didn't have an issue throwing the shield because he used his bionic arm to do so. What he did have to adjust was the use of a firearm, explosives and occasionally electrical shocks with his metal arm to make up for the physical gap between Steve and himself. His suit was also bullet proof and impact resistant to a degree with Kevlar and nomex for protection.

For Sam, if he flies in and throws the shield he can throw it with the added velocity. In addition, if he jumps in the air and can use his propulsion capabilities to spin and hurl the shield, he can also throw it at great velocities. There are means and methods for him to use the shield without the serum.

I hope they don't give him a super soldier serum, he already has guns, missiles and can fly with better agility than Warmachine and iron Man. I think they can come up with a unique fighting style that incorporates his existing tech already.

in this era of vaccines and vaccine-aversion, it still would be curious for a future season to take on the idea of a version of the super-serum being mass produced by.... (whom?) Zemo already had those holdovers killed in Civil War..

Spectacular Member

I think USAgent will be the Cap at the start of the series. The government wants him even though Steve personally chose Sam to be his successor. For whatever reason, Sam goes along with what the govt wants because he still has his doubts about taking up the mantle.

Then Zemo comes along and starts manipulating USAgent, causing him to unravel and pushes him down a dark path. He can't handle the pressure of being Cap.

I also think they will introduce Isaiah Bradley in this show. Maybe that's Carl Lumbly's character. He will somehow play into Sam's decision to embrace the mantle.
    This sounds spot on, but I'd like to add that the Accords will be in affect it seems. It also might be why Sam can't take the mantle of being Captain America officially.

There are images of Walker being in distress and he looks emotional compromised, in that scene Bucky and Sam stare at him and then they take off.

I believe Walker has a connection to the flag smashers and it might be his fault for some reason that they obtain their powers.

There has to be a reason Walker seems to be in distress and emotional in that one scene.

"Superheroes.....cannot be allowed to exist."

Bucky is about as powerful as Steve. I'm wondering how that little girl was able to throw him off the truck so easily. Are there more SSS knock offs? If so who made them? Zola?

Yes, check out the latest teaser that was posted today called Strong, I will say no more till you get back.

Last edited by SlimJ87D; 03-09-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Yes, check out the latest teaser that was posted today called Strong, I will say no more till you get back.

Okay, this makes sense. I'm thinking Zemo may have a hand in this. Some new drug that gives people super strength.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, this makes sense. I'm thinking Zemo may have a hand in this. Some new drug that gives people super strength.
    I have so many theories, but I'm guessing:

1. Someone in the govt made this group to be a fake adversary for John Walker
    2. John Walker is supposed to take this group down, get his shining moment and be the Cap the government wants, one they can control because they couldn't control Steve
    3. The group goes through their SSS treatment, this causes them to become insane and they also meet Zemo and become radicals
    4. Walker eventually finds all this out, but he is also going insane from a serum he received
    5. Walker is ashamed and that's why we see him on his knees in that one screenshot
    6. It is up to Sam and Bucky to stop these radicals

If I can guess, the US Govt. still has the SSS they gave to Emil Blonksy which made him go insane. I'm guess Walker and the Flag smashers probably all have variants of this serum.

c6be831247fb8f85c273ad629301ac091f3d87be.jpg

I know this scene and it looks like these are linked together

2021-03-09_15-26-46.jpg
    Last edited by SlimJ87D; 03-09-2021 at 04:27 PM.