Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They basically took a similar route that they took with adapting Bucky into the MCU, which I guess is kind of fitting in a way.
    I guess you could make that argument, but I think what they did to Bucky actually improved the story, because the thought of sending a kid to war as some quirky sidekick was always messed up to begin with, and made Steve look really bad. There was nothing that weird or problematic about Joaquin's origin story that required such a change. They just did it.... because.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't he also supposed to be considerably younger than Sam Wilson, if I'm not mistaken?
    Yeah, but I think he's still considerably younger than Sam in the MCU, even if he's older than he was in the comics.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-19-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I guess you could make that argument, but I think what they did to Bucky actually improved his character, because the thought of sending a kid to war was always messed up to begin with. There was nothing that weird or problematic about Joaquin's origin story that required such a change. They just did it.... because.
    Because everyone has to be connected to the military, I guess.

Yeah, but I think he's still considerably younger than Sam in the MCU, even if he's older than he was in the comics.
    Ok. Which team is he a part of right now?

great first episode the government was quick to get a new Captain America makes me think what would they have done if Sam didnt return the shield cause it looks like they didnt even know he got it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Sam didn't seem to want to think about the possibility of them having some variant of the Super Soldier serum.

I was thinking to myself "Oh, that dude doesn't have a parachute. Oh, that dude caught a stray bullet! Oh, he just blew up a lot of people on a plane via Redwing."

But I guess he didn't vaporize a dude in front of some kids?

I figure this version of Walker doesn't know any better and is just doing what his government is telling him to do.

They basically took a similar route that they took with adapting Bucky into the MCU, which I guess is kind of fitting in a way.
    Sam is ex military so I'm sure he's killed before. In this situation he was rescuing a captured U.S. soldier so I guess it was by any means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    great first episode the government was quick to get a new Captain America makes me think what would they have done if Sam didnt return the shield cause it looks like they didnt even know he got it
    I think they were planning to replace Steve for a while now, especially since he didn't agree with the Sokovian Accords.

Spectacular Member

Lately I've become really self-aware of how much Superheroes in movies or live-action end up killing people somewhat casually or matter-of-factly. Yeah, I get it, they're soldiers and they're bad guys, but it's still kind of jarring to me.
    It is shocking, but it's also an eye opener that heroes like Falcon and Winter Soldier, they probably don't have the luxury of keeping the guys who are shooting at them alive when high stakes are involved. Not like Superman who is bullet proof and faster than bullets.

They really don't address how Superheroes make money that much anymore, probably because "being a Superhero" seems to be the main job of everyone these days. I mean, Tony's rich, Steve worked for the government, Peter Parker now has Stark money, but Sam left his real day job to play Superhero and apparently there wasn't much in the way of Stark benefits like you'd expect.
    From my understanding, Sam has a job. He is a intendent military contractor and more than likely is getting paid quite well, as they do. But the problem is, the money is just coming in and he's been gone for 5 years with no reliable work history. The computer in the bank doesn't factor in stuff like they, they only care about a stable income for 2+ years. It just does math and sees your risk factor. Sam and his sister seem to just have a high risk factor.
    Last edited by SlimJ87D; 03-19-2021 at 03:57 PM.

I guess you could make that argument, but I think what they did to Bucky actually improved the story, because the thought of sending a kid to war as some quirky sidekick was always messed up to begin with, and made Steve look really bad. There was nothing that weird or problematic about Joaquin's origin story that required such a change. They just did it.... because.
    I like classic Bucky, but I'm a traditionalist .

I don't think they looked at Joaquin as weird or problematic so much as thinking Sam needed a sidekick and they were able to fit one in a way that fit the story they're telling. It wouldn't be the first time.

BANNED

It's cool we're seeing superheroes besides Spider-man deal with everyday problems. Makes them feel more real, like when dementia and cancer have come up in the MCU. Superman and Lois is getting praised for taking a similar approach.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    It's cool we're seeing superheroes besides Spider-man deal with everyday problems. Makes them feel more real, like when dementia and cancer have come up in the MCU. Superman and Lois is getting praised for taking a similar approach.
    Especially compared to MCU Spider-Man.

Ultimate Member

Especially compared to MCU Spider-Man.
    I think they tried to distance Peter from previous iterations.

Of course they could've went with Parker Industries

Mighty Member

This was really good. I loved the opening action sequence, and the set up for the two titular men was excellent. My bias may be showing, because the Cap corner of the MCU has always been my favorite corner, and these two are probably my favorite MCU characters with Steve out of the picture. But it feels like both actors are really digging into this material and going for it.

I absolutely love that we have one man utterly haunted by a past he can't run from, and the other running from a future he doesn't think he's ready for/worthy of.

I was genuinely surprised by the motivations for the Flag Smashers. But it makes a lot of sense, in retrospect, to use the five year gap in a meaningful way like this. It's fascinating to see an exploration of a little of what it meant for someone like Sam to be gone for 5 years, and the impact that might have on a life.

Also, bonus points for the Uncle Sam gag. I somehow never put that one together myself, and given the logical expectation of where certain pieces end up it made me chuckle.

Great show, the pacing is more traditional so i can definitely watch this one on a weekly basis, it really does depend on the show. The only wtf moment for me was a small one and i'm pretty sure just me, when Redwing cut through the door and there was no sort of pressure until the person got close to the door and i was like "oh there it goes." lol. But fun show. And i agree with Sam sister, he be doing the most sometimes but i love it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The opening action sequence was good too. It's kind of weird how as black people, just speaking for myself you expect black people to die in horror moviesor to just all around fail somehow and i found myself waiting for the moment when Falcon failed his mission which actually kept me tuned in and i was pleasantly surprised he didn't which will keep me watching. I mean of course everyone fails, but in so few medium do we get good wins. It's weird.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

oh i also love how the show kept it real too. Sam being black, it was "the right thing to do" turning in the shield. But this young white "good looking" buck running out looking like Jon Snow in a mask was just what the people needed. me and falcon made them same face. lol

I was also surprised by how many people falcon killed. Like i didn't have a problem with it personally but i was surprised it was allowed to happen. Which was a good thing. Nothing gruesome but if you blow up or hit a cliff with nothing but a glider unless you have super powers your prob dead.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-19-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh i also love how the show kept it real too. Sam being black, it was "the right thing to do" turning in the shield. But this young white "good looking" buck running out looking like Jon Snow in a mask was just what the people needed. me and falcon made them same face. lol

I was also surprised by how many people falcon killed. Like i didn't have a problem with it personally but i was surprised it was allowed to happen. Which was a good thing. Nothing gruesome but if you blow up or hit a cliff with nothing but a glider unless you have super powers your prob dead.
    Honestly even if he and US Agent come to good terms, Sam may still not want the shield