Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Or the ever popular...
    Was that from the show or the comic?

Ultimate Member

Current on Amazon's top 100 super hero books and teen super hero books

Marvel Truth is a top 10 seller and 1 Sam trade in the top 100 with Sam Wilson having 2 trades being popular among teens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Was that from the show or the comic?
    The art is from the show...I don't think the comments actually appeared in anything though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The art is from the show...I don't think the comments actually appeared in anything though.
    Haha, ok

Extraordinary Member

So how does Margaret become Peggy?
    The same way how Billy is short from William.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The same way how Billy is short from William.
    That at least makes a bit of sense to me

It's one of those British slang things. William -> Will -> Bill ; Margaret -> Meg -> Peg -> Peggy; Robert -> Rob -> Bob. I think they're all common words that sound like the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius J Moonlight View Post

It's one of those British slang things. William -> Will -> Bill ; Margaret -> Meg -> Peg -> Peggy; Robert -> Rob -> Bob. I think they're all common words that sound like the name.
    So the formulae is to just shorten the name and replace the first letter with something else and then lengthen it again?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So the formulae is to just shorten the name and replace the first letter with something else and then lengthen it again?
    I see it now

Bucky mentioned sisters on his date. Was he being truthful? So are they presumably deceased? Did any of them have children, grandchildren?

Enjoyed episode 2. Another questioned answered, the Flag Smashers aren't bullet-proof. Nice mention of the Power Broker too.

If they don't do an Isaiah Bradley mini on D+, they are missing a great opportunity. I'd love to see that happen. Sam and Bucky just mesh so well together with the bickering and in-fighting. It's funny how one Captain America brought them together and another Captain America will keep them united.

Zemo. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am getting a nice rivalling buddy cop-ish Hobbs n Shaw type vibes from Falcon n WS in ep2....I LOVED IT!!
    I keep hearing "Why can't we be friends?" Playing in the background...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bucky mentioned sisters on his date. Was he being truthful? So are they presumably deceased? Did any of them have children, grandchildren?
    He mentioned A sister, not sisters plural. The line is confused because right after he mentions her he makes a call in the Battleship game he was playing with Leah (F-4, appropriately enough for Easter Egg hunters) that made it sound like more than one.

This version of Bucky had a sister, but we don't know anything else about her. She'd be a century old if she's still alive, but there is a possibility that she has kids, grandkids and great grandkids by now. I've seen some speculation that Karli Morgenthau may end up being a Barnes descendant, but I really hope not. Too small world. All that really matters is that Bucky has nobody to turn to, and feels isolated. Though reconnecting with some new family might be a nice way to bring his plot full circle and tie him back to the world.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He mentioned A sister, not sisters plural. The line is confused because right after he mentions her he makes a call in the game he was playing with Leah (F-4, appropriately enough for Easter Egg hunters) that made it sound like more than one.

This version of Bucky had a sister, but we don't know anything else about her. She'd be a century old if she's still alive, but there is a possibility that she has kids, grandkids and great grandkids by now. I've seen some speculation that Karli Morgenthau may end up being a Barnes descendant, but I really hope not. Too small world. All that really matters is that Bucky has nobody to turn to, and feels isolated. Though reconnecting with some new family might be a nice way to bring his plot full circle and tie him back to the world.
    Actually, even if Barnes has a surviving family, I seriously doubt he would want to "soil" them by involving them in what he has done in the past, and what he is now. IRL, there have been veterans who have been so traumatized by their experiences, that they purposely distance themselves from their loved ones.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    And, you know... A shield of his own.

spoilers:
    This was one of Dwayne McDuffie's points of contention when he had a conversation with Mark Gruenwald about Hoskins (and the choice at the time to make him, ahem, "Bucky").

I'm hoping that Sam brings it up, or somebody. Lemar is going to be shot at plenty, maybe even more than Walker, depending on who's doing the shooting. (I would just die if some version of that line were actually used in the story)

With Power Broker involved, hmm.. I wonder if Walker and Hoskins are going to get shot up with the serum. Maybe they finally intercept a shipment of those meds that the Flag Smasher were stealing. Uh oh. Side effects...?

More needed from Mr. Bradley. And I presume that the young man at the door is the future "Patriot". I'm just disappointed that Josiah is not seen. Maybe he's still alive. Also, Bradley's wife, who became muslim.
    Also, And my theory is that Battlestar was Isiah Bradley's code name during the Korean War. bucky seemed unusually triggered by it, when Hoskins said it. After all, looking back at traditional 1945-55 politics, all of the racists in the federal government would not allow a black man to publicly be "captain america". but to be a spy on secret missions, sure, "code name Battle Star".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If Falcon ends up with Steve's Shield and NuCap and BattleStar don't heel turn by the end of this story, there are always...Steve's Wakandan replacement Shields which he had a pair of when he was off the grid. So there's one bulletproof replacement Shield for each of them.

What Steve ended up doing with them and how would John and Lamar get hold of them are questions I don't have answers for.
    end of spoilers