Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:
    If Falcon ends up with Steve's Shield and NuCap and BattleStar don't heel turn by the end of this story, there are always...Steve's Wakandan replacement Shields which he had a pair of when he was off the grid. So there's one bulletproof replacement Shield for each of them.

What Steve ended up doing with them and how would John and Lamar get hold of them are questions I don't have answers for.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Those replacement shield just might be in Wakanda custody. They very well could have been loaners...not gifts.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:
    If Falcon ends up with Steve's Shield and NuCap and BattleStar don't heel turn by the end of this story, there are always...Steve's Wakandan replacement Shields which he had a pair of when he was off the grid. So there's one bulletproof replacement Shield for each of them.

What Steve ended up doing with them and how would John and Lamar get hold of them are questions I don't have answers for.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly I just see the gov't creating a new shield for Walker and possibly Haskins if Sam takes the shield. Also, there's Steve's old triangular shield.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    ”I read the Hobbit… in 1937, when it came out.” LMAO great line.

Bucky is an OG Tolkien hipster.

At some point, Sam has to gift Bucky a copy of Lord of the Rings, and he just goes wide-eyed. "THERE'S MORE?!" And then his head explodes when he discovers the Silmarillion.

Really enjoyed the episode. Much better than the first.

I'm so happy that the MCU is bringing back the quips. I LOVED WandaVision, but it wasn't particularly a quippy show. If I watch a movie and/or show from Marvel Studios without some snark, a part of me dies inside.

end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Did anyone else think how they directed the Truck/Hostage rescue scene a little bit weird. How Bucky just goes into the back of the Truck while the other Truck is right behind him and can see exactly what is going on?

And for those complaining about the militarization of the MCU, you do understand that if a studio does paint the military in a bad light, they get all military equipment taken away, right? I think Disney is already pushing the envelope as far as it can here.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Did anyone else think how they directed the Truck/Hostage rescue scene a little bit weird. How Bucky just goes into the back of the Truck while the other Truck is right behind him and can see exactly what is going on?
    spoilers:
    They may have been expecting some kind of attack seeing as how Karli was in the truck. They could have been expecting WalCap or the Power Brokers. In this instance, it was Bucky.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    And for those complaining about the militarization of the MCU, you do understand that if a studio does paint the military in a bad light, they get all military equipment taken away, right? I think Disney is already pushing the envelope as far as it can here.
    I get that. But Marvel can't have it's cake and eat it too. If it wants to criticize governments curtailing civil liberties, it should be willing to risk that

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I get that. But Marvel can't have it's cake and eat it too. If it wants to criticize governments curtailing civil liberties, it should be willing to risk that
    Yeah, I TOTALLY agree with you there. Why introduce these ideas if they don't follow through? Marvel Studios has been doing this shit for YEARS! Maybe the MCU is trying to reach a happy medium by portraying the military as "misguided" and "naive" as opposed to being "evil" and "incompetent."
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-28-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    spoilers:
    They may have been expecting some kind of attack seeing as how Karli was in the truck. They could have been expecting WalCap or the Power Brokers. In this instance, it was Bucky.
    end of spoilers

Yea I don't know. Everything you said is probably correct. I just felt the scene was set up and directed weirdly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I TOTALLY agree with you there. Why introduce these ideas if they don't follow through? Marvel Studios has been doing this shit for YEARS! Maybe the MCU is trying to reach a happy medium by portraying the military as "misguided" and "naive" as opposed to being "evil" and "incompetent."
    Because it's not the entire gov't or military. They don't want to make blanket statements when in fact we know there are Congressmen and women who are actually trying to help people and there are people in the military who actually try to do good. Are there f*ck ups? For sure but it's not fair to paint everyone with the same brush.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Because it's not the entire gov't or military. They don't want to make blanket statements when in fact we know there are Congressmen and women who are actually trying to help people and there are people in the military who actually try to do good. Are there f*ck ups? For sure but it's not fair to paint everyone with the same brush.
    I wouldn't paint every soldier with the same brush, of course not. I'm talking about militarism as a whole

spoilers:

So is it presumed that much of Bucky's entire body is bionic-reinforced at this point, not just his completely-replaced arm? He seemed awfully casual about jumping without a parachute. The angle of using his arm to slow his trajectory was sketchy, at best. But he clearly didn't sustain much (any?) damage..

What is Lemar Hoskins rank here?

and what rank is Dr. Griner-- since she "commands" Sam to share Bucky's therapy session?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-28-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:

So is it presumed that much of Bucky's entire body is bionic-reinforced at this point, not just his completely-replaced arm? He seemed awfully casual about jumping without a parachute. The angle of using his arm to slow his trajectory was sketchy, at best. But he clearly didn't sustain much (any?) damage..

end of spoilers
    Didn't think of it but it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:

and what rank is Dr. Griner-- since she "commands" Sam to share Bucky's therapy session?
    end of spoilers
    I figured he was a super soilder. Admittedly i have not watched all the marvel movies because i only watch interests me but when he was like "more people like us." and Sam was like "there are people like you running around."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I figured he was a super soilder. Admittedly i have not watched all the marvel movies because i only watch interests me but when he was like "more people like us." and Sam was like "there are people like you running around."
    He is. They haven't gone into in the MCU, but going with the comics his muscle strength and reflex speed have been enhanced, and he has enhanced bone density that makes him resistant to fractures. He also has a minor healing factor. It's always been somewhat vague as to what level of enhancement the super soldier serum actually provides, but at one point Steve was considered roughly three times as strong and tough as an ordinary trained soldier.