Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    I'm a mentally stable person that is able to remember characters are fictional (unlike the people that harassed Emily Van Camp), but I do hate when characters are massive douchebags to the people they claim to care about, refuse to move on over a crush from nearly a decade ago that moved on from them, abandoned friends right after a major traumatic experience, only cares about his boner, can't be bothered to say goodbye to them, only cared about getting his prize and not saving a person he claims to be his friend from a terrorist group, having the time decide that "yes the 40s is a great era to start living in", (by implication) walked out on his spawn once his prize croaked, (by implication) being unable to love anyone but the first chick that was nice to him.
    I don't really think Steve see Peggy as a prize. That part seems a reach from you.

Steve just want to return to his time. And he has relationship with Peggy at that time, I really doubt she moves on from Steve if they end up together when he returns.

Steve was an elder man when he return to give the shield, so his spawn are already adults at that time. Not to mention that Steve could be there only to give the shield to Sam and return with his family after that.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-10-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The name of Erin Kellyman character from the trailer is confirmed to be spoilers:
    Karli Morgenthau, so she's just a gender bent version of Flag-Smasher then
    end of spoilers
    Some what disappointment was hoping she’d be a hero

The name of Erin Kellyman character from the trailer is confirmed to be spoilers:
    Karli Morgenthau, so she's just a gender bent version of Flag-Smasher then
    end of spoilers
    I hope she gets a better costume then.

The sequel films have never really dealt with the legacy of the Red Skull. Obviously we know that he is the "guardian" of the soul gem (er.. or was...)

But back on Earth, what did his legend evolve into? Was he totally forgotten? Hydra survived, obviously. But could there be a Red Skull cult, perhaps? It could be especially relevant in this era of reactionary authoritarian movements..

There could also be a retcon of him having sired a child (or children) before his death. Fast forward to 2021, he could have great-grandchildren by now.

https://movieweb.com/the-falcon-and-...oldier-rating/

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan give their initial thoughts about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The sequel films have never really dealt with the legacy of the Red Skull. Obviously we know that he is the "guardian" of the soul gem (er.. or was...)

But back on Earth, what did his legend evolve into? Was he totally forgotten? Hydra survived, obviously. But could there be a Red Skull cult, perhaps? It could be especially relevant in this era of reactionary authoritarian movements..

There could also be a retcon of him having sired a child (or children) before his death. Fast forward to 2021, he could have great-grandchildren by now.
    When I initially saw the red hand print on the masks, I thought it was a Red Skull cult. I think they could still link the Flag Smashers to the Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    When I initially saw the red hand print on the masks, I thought it was a Red Skull cult. I think they could still link the Flag Smashers to the Red Skull.
    "I have seen the future Captain! There are not flags!"

Skull says something akin to that in the final battle with Cap in TFA.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Frankly I think the skulls are just a decoration to make Madripoor look scary

Extraordinary Member

I hope Sam has gotten some H2H training. His fight skills did not look good in Winter Soldier. He can't really on just flying because there are some cases where he's going to be in close quarters.
    One of my issues with CA:TWS was that they did not give Sam a longer fight with Rumlow before having to jump out the window. Could have shown Sam as more than a one trick pony with his gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    One of my issues with CA:TWS was that they did not give Sam a longer fight with Rumlow before having to jump out the window. Could have shown Sam as more than a one trick pony with his gear.
    I felt the same. It would have been much better if they at least showed Sam getting in some really good hits. He didn't have to beat Rumlow but he definitely needed a better showing.

Extraordinary Member

I felt the same. It would have been much better if they at least showed Sam getting in some really good hits. He didn't have to beat Rumlow but he definitely needed a better showing.
    Fight pretty much to a draw until the building starts to come down.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "I have seen the future Captain! There are not flags!"

Skull says something akin to that in the final battle with Cap in TFA.
    Y'up I just went back and checked it out. So maybe the Flag Smashers are inspired by the Red Skull.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Would be kinda weird since Kellyman isn't white

Would be kinda weird since Kellyman isn't white
    As we've seen, it's easy to become radicalized and it doesn't matter what your background is.