Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Most of this doesn't actually sound like problems.
    Steve only went back to the 40's because that's when Peggy was both alive and young, if you're at any point thinking he went back because he was fine with how minorities and women treated back then you don't certainly don't know who Steve Rogers is, especially when Steve wasn't even treated very well by people before getting the serum.
    And you really can't tell me that Steve Rogers back in the 40's armed with certain knowledge of events, wouldn't be an active participant in things like the Civil Rights movement then there is no conversation to be had here at all
    Certainly, Endgame and the MCU's interpretation rocked my perception of who Steve Rogers is as a character, because my interpretation of Steve Rogers would never actively choose to create an alternate reality to go back to be a with woman he hadn't been romantically involved with for over a decade. He wouldn't play god like that. My perception the character is more in line with the one Mark Waid wrote in Man Out of Time -- a man who moves forward, and would be so disgusted with the political and social climate of the 40s, that he wouldn't be able to stomach being there. For what it's worth, I highly recommend everyone read that story. It's self-contained and very well-done. I teared up once or twice.

I would hope that Steve Rogers would actively fight against the many, many injustices of the day. But I also think there's merit in discussing the inherent privileges that come with the action of choosing to return to a world with that socio-political environment, and how he could thrive in that place whereas others could not. I don't actually think he would be fine with the treatment of minorities, but it's also true that said poor treatment wasn't a dealbreaker at the end of the day.

I think what's muddying the conversation is that the writers and directors framing of the story was very much two-part: he went back to be with Peggy and he went back because he needed to "have a life" and find peace, implying that he couldn't do the former in main timeline. Because it certainly implies that the character would be sitting on the sidelines for awhile.

BANNED

There's no merit in it at all.
    Steve 100% wouldn't just be standing back and letting these things happen without doing something, especially not with the foreknowledge he has.
    He may have went back to be with Peggy that doesn't mean he stopped fighting, it just meant at the end of the day he had someone at home to go back to.
    Especially when the events of Agent Carter are canon to the MCU he certainly wouldn't be on the sidelines letting Peggy go through it alone

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    There's no merit in it at all.
    Steve 100% wouldn't just be standing back and letting these things happen without doing something, especially not with the foreknowledge he has.
    He may have went back to be with Peggy that doesn't mean he stopped fighting, it just meant at the end of the day he had someone at home to go back to.
    Especially when the events of Agent Carter are canon to the MCU he certainly wouldn't be on the sidelines letting Peggy go through it alone
    I would be interested in seeing what the world he returned to ended up like, actually.

He knew the exact time and place that Bucky would be sent to assassinate Howard Stark, for instance. In that world, did he wait on that road (with adequate support...) and prevent Howard & Maria Stark's murders? How would he prevent Hydra from infiltrating SHIELD, knowing how it started at the very beginning with Arnim Zola (and, presumably, others)? He seemed like the sort to actually read those files that Fury was handing out, so he might have known enough to be on-scene to recruit Thor in New Mexico, or Banner post-Hulk-ification (or even prevent Banner from ever becoming the Hulk?).

And then there are characters he really doesn't know a lot about. Ant-Man and Dr. Strange and Spider-Man and Black Panther. I could definitely see a SHIELD with Steve and Peggy steering things being a better fit for Hank Pym to remain a long-term member of the science team, along with Howard, so that part might or might not change (since it seemed like it was the secret Hydra guy behind much of the animosity that led to Pym parting ways with SHIELD, and Howard surviving and being Pym's kinda/sorta ally, might have led to him remaining longer).

so who, if anyone, do Bucky and Sam report to?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who, if anyone, do Bucky and Sam report to?
    Since Rhodey is in the show I'd say make him their handler. Or bring back Thunderbolt Ross.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I SHOULD have been Talking about this Superbowl 2021 Trailer when it came Out, Sorry I am So Late to the Party, but still just HYPER WOW!

I mean this is a Streaming Show and it looks like a Major Motion Picture with the Beats to back it up!

I was already looking forward to this but this Trailer took my Hype and NEED to see this show to over 9,000 Level, Seriously!

I am liking the Odd Couple, Buddy Cop vibe that is going with this, it will be the main dynamic with seeing how they work threw this, 2 of Steve Rogers's Best Friends that have the hardest time being friends and working together, like all Marvel Heroes this is their personal challenge in this show.

I am Also interested in the Themes of the Antagonist in both this Show with Baron Zemo and lately with Agent Hayward in WandaVision. Antagonist that have a growing Hatred and Bigoted fear of MetaHumans and Superhero Culture to go to what means they will go to undermind and control it.

This might be one of the main challenges in Phase 4 and beyond for Marvel Heroes more they a big Universal bad, how they funcution with a Human antagonist trying to undercute them, this is going to be interesting.

Also, I love how they put the Beats of the Song with the Beats of the Action and Moments in the Trailer, Always Love that in trailers when they get that SO RIGHT!

This will come right after likely when WandaVision ends, so we go from a Mysterious High Love Drama to this Super Spy, Action Beat and I love it!

MCU giving us the Variety we Want, Count me 125% IN!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I SHOULD have been Talking about this Superbowl 2021 Trailer when it came Out, Sorry I am So Late to the Party, but still just HYPER WOW!

I mean this is a Streaming Show and it looks like a Major Motion Picture with the Beats to back it up!

I was already looking forward to this but this Trailer took my Hype and NEED to see this show to over 9,000 Level, Seriously!

I am liking the Odd Couple, Buddy Cop vibe that is going with this, it will be the main dynamic with seeing how they work threw this, 2 of Steve Rogers's Best Friends that have the hardest time being friends and working together, like all Marvel Heroes this is their personal challenge in this show.

I am Also interested in the Themes of the Antagonist in both this Show with Baron Zemo and lately with Agent Hayward in WandaVision. Antagonist that have a growing Hatred and Bigoted fear of MetaHumans and Superhero Culture to go to what means they will go to undermind and control it.

This might be one of the main challenges in Phase 4 and beyond for Marvel Heroes more they a big Universal bad, how they funcution with a Human antagonist trying to undercute them, this is going to be interesting.

Also, I love how they put the Beats of the Song with the Beats of the Action and Moments in the Trailer, Always Love that in trailers when they get that SO RIGHT!

This will come right after likely when WandaVision ends, so we go from a Mysterious High Love Drama to this Super Spy, Action Beat and I love it!

MCU giving us the Variety we Want, Count me 125% IN!
    Welcome aboard CJS!

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-and-the-w...e-mandalorian/

Anticipation for Falcon and Winter Soldier is very high.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Welcome aboard CJS!
    Thanks, Very Much Glad to be apart of this NEW Golden Age of SuperHero Television we are Living Threw!

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-and-the-w...e-mandalorian/

Anticipation for Falcon and Winter Soldier is very high.
    This is VERY Good News, the Hype SHOULD be Around this show after the Amazing Reception the Trailer has gotten!

Combine this with the News Juan678 just gave us about WandaVision and MCU Streaming TV Shows are Ruling the World JUST as much as thier Silver Screen Counterparts!

From Juan678:
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...23986430926852

#WandaVision is currently the most popular TV series worldwide.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...y-black-youth/

Falcon and Winter Soldier will pick up the mantle started by Black Panther.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...y-black-youth/

Falcon and Winter Soldier will pick up the mantle started by Black Panther.
    For a second I thought Sam was going to start working at the Wakandan Outreach program.

Im looking forward to this series almost more than any other Marvel thing this year... save for Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For a second I thought Sam was going to start working at the Wakandan Outreach program.
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe he can get his new wings.

Speaking of wings, I'm surprised they let Sam keep the wings he stole unless the gov't told Sam and Bucky they'd have to work for them of face charges.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...tdown-footage/

New promo footage. This just keeps getting better and better.