Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Scott is Captain Commander, a notch above the other Captains. I do agree Bishop isn't being utilized to his greatest ability in this Krakoa concept, though.
    He had pretty great hair in this though. Could easily play for Brazil with that hair.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    How did non-mutants utilize the gates? Thought that wasn't doable, as seen when the Hordeculture said they had to figure out a bypass to access them.
    Kyle, Northstar's husband is currently living on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but Jean Grey has the potential to kill billions in Dark Phoenix mode, yet they don't make her commit genocide every issue.
    TBF, she went on trial TWICE, and one of those instances ended with her dying. Can readers stop pretending like the issue with Jean is similar to anyone on Krakoa. Unless there's another example of an editor edict which lead to the death of a character after an in-story trial for 6 years real time?

I'm confused. Back in KIB #1, this team of X-Men was shown arriving in NYC to help.

They all got overwhelmed by the symbiotes, with Storm the last to go, targeted by Knull himself.

So why are they acting like Storm and Cyke are the only ones there, and how did Magneto(and presumably Jean, Nightcrawler, Cable, and Wolvie) escape when all the first-responding heroes were possessed?

Can't speak on the others, but Jean was never confirmed as possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    When is this event supposed to be over with?

I'm still confused on it's release schedule, I mean with the 100 tie-in issues running concurrently, when does the main title pick back up? I am confusion with this event, don't really know when it started and no idea when it's coming to it's conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Kyle, Northstar's husband is currently living on Krakoa.

TBF, she went on trial TWICE, and one of those instances ended with her dying. Can readers stop pretending like the issue with Jean is similar to anyone on Krakoa. Unless there's another example of an editor edict which lead to the death of a character after an in-story trial for 6 years real time?

Can't speak on the others, but Jean was never confirmed as possessed.
    iirc Wolverine is also safe. I think he’s appeared at the heroes’ base after that scene.

Fantastic Member

I'm similarly confused as to what this means for Marauders 18, which is coming out later this month. The blurb on that has the Marauders in Madripoor, but Savage Avengers 19 (which continues the King in Black storyline, and the attempted Storm/Cyclops rescue) won't be coming out until March. So is Marauders 18 taking place before or after King in Black? Or are they taking yet another side trip on the way to New York, which seems weird, given the crisis.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would say it all happens in between Marauders 17 and 18. (Yet another reason why I don't do big sprawling events)
    Thankfully they did separate tie-ins, with SWORD being the exception, that do not delay the ongoing stories in the home books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I'm similarly confused as to what this means for Marauders 18, which is coming out later this month. The blurb on that has the Marauders in Madripoor, but Savage Avengers 19 (which continues the King in Black storyline, and the attempted Storm/Cyclops rescue) won't be coming out until March. So is Marauders 18 taking place before or after King in Black? Or are they taking yet another side trip on the way to New York, which seems weird, given the crisis.
    This is a one off, I don't think it will be important for the Marauders ongoing series. A editor note when refering to this event might place if kiB is before or after it.

On Venom they already solved the Heroes being knullfied problem

Scott is Captain Commander, a notch above the other Captains. I do agree Bishop isn't being utilized to his greatest ability in this Krakoa concept, though.
    Double post
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-04-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Lol, we up in here Scott-flexin' ? His leadership of the Captains strikes me as more like that of Batman and JL. Yes he may have technical title but you don't see any level of subordination.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, we up in here Scott-flexin' ? His leadership of the Captains strikes me as more like that of Batman and JL. Yes he may have technical title but you don't see any level of subordination.
    I don't recall all the Captains ever being all together at once; kind of hard to determine what they are like to each other. We have seen Scott pull rank over Illyana(in the most friendly of ways, but still). Scott is Scott. We all know this. I think more should be done with Bishop, but he has a long way to go before he's on Cyke's level as a leader.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don't recall all the Captains ever being all together at once; kind of hard to determine what they are like to each other. We have seen Scott pull rank over Illyana(in the most friendly of ways, but still). Scott is Scott. We all know this. I think more should be done with Bishop, but he has a long way to go before he's on Cyke's level as a leader.
    How long has Mauraders been running, I feel like the biggest turn off for me, is over a year later and more than half the cast are desperately under developed. Personally, I'm still waiting on those issues from Duggan where Storm would be taking the lead of the narrative he alluded to months ago...what's that she's off the book? Joy!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think Scott is ranked above the other 3 captains. With that said, Gorgon is dead, Scott is compromised and I don't know where Magik is. We're in a crisis situation so Bishop should be a higher authority than just about anyone else with both Krakoa and Earth in danger. Beast's "suggestion" to Bishop should have been met with scorn, much disdain and a warning not to approach him like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think Scott is ranked above the other 3 captains. With that said, Gorgon is dead, Scott is compromised and I don't know where Magik is. We're in a crisis situation so Bishop should be a higher authority than just about anyone else with both Krakoa and Earth in danger. Beast's "suggestion" to Bishop should have been met with scorn, much disdain and a warning not to approach him like that again.
    Gorgon isn't dead, changed completely due to the Otherworld mess but he's not dead. I think they mentioned his resurrection and new strange behaviors in X-factor. Not sure if he's been seen since, but I feel like it was mentioned recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Gorgon isn't dead, changed completely due to the Otherworld mess but he's not dead. I think they mentioned his resurrection and new strange behaviors in X-factor. Not sure if he's been seen since, but I feel like it was mentioned recently.
    That Still Make Bishop the commander for now. Gorgon is probably like Rockslide

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That Still Make Bishop the commander for now. Gorgon is probably like Rockslide

Not sure how the hierarchy of the CC works if Scott is off the table, but Gorgon seemed to be fine or as fine as a gestalt of all his counterparts throughout the multi-verse could be. At the very least it seems they didn't take his rank away or it hasn't been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bro you talking like someone who actually knows about the character they are being paid to craft a good narrative for Bishop and a few other characters on a team book. For good measure I hope that you don't have any issues with writing strong, assertive black men as heroes instead of falling back on historical dicpictations of black men as witless, indecisive, and lacking in power and agency, especially in leadership positions!