Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    When i sthe last time they were brought up? I don't even remember
    In Hudlin's run when T'Challa was in a coma.

Almost 12 years ago lol.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-11-2021 at 09:21 AM.

I think when they resurrected Morlun had him kill “BP”, “ M'Baku”, S’yan & Zuri in effort to take over Wakanda if I remember correctly

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The Hand of Bast was not what I expected. It's probably the one thing in the issue I'm not sure how I feel about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The Hand of Bast was not what I expected. It's probably the one thing in the issue I'm not sure how I feel about.
    What exactly about it?

Having a plan to kill the Phoenix makes sense considering what the Phoenix did to Wakanda before. (Whether it would work against the phoenix or not is another story lol. Fire Bird don't like to die)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

As everyone has mentioned this issue was everything I wanted and then some. Big props to Redjack and Peralta for delivering a comic from the big 2 that a BP fan and a black man can be proud of and value. This is T'Challa and Marvel needs to get their minds right and let RJ call the plays for this franchise. Between this and Green Lantern this is the happiest I have felt as a comic book fan in a very long time. I feel represented in a positive light after so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    As everyone has mentioned this issue was everything I wanted and then some. Big props to Redjack and Peralta for delivering a comic from the big 2 that a BP fan and a black man can be proud of and value. This is T'Challa and Marvel needs to get their minds right and let RJ call the plays for this franchise. Between this and Green Lantern this is the happiest I have felt as a comic book fan in a very long time. I feel represented in a positive light after so long.
    So true, so true! This is why I believe that Marvel comics can't want to possibly do T'Challa right. How they gonna let Coates greenlight 2 horrendous tie in books that were trash, but see the work of Redjack and just let the guy walk away like its nothing ...? This is madness.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

What exactly about it?

Having a plan to kill the Phoenix makes sense considering what the Phoenix did to Wakanda before. (Whether it would work against the phoenix or not is another story lol. Fire Bird don't like to die)
    No I like the idea of it. It's always nice when T'Challa pulls out one of his contingencies. I guess from the name I wasn't expecting a giant energy panther. I guess I want to know more of what it is.

It does give me some new ideas however.

No I like the idea of it. It's always nice when T'Challa pulls out one of his contingencies. I guess from the name I wasn't expecting a giant energy panther. I guess I want to know more of what it is.

It's a giant energy panther, piloted by one warrior in the control harness. It's a prototype. Can it ACTUALLY kill the Phoenix? Depends on who's writing the fight.

Can it let that damned bird know it was in a real fight? Yep.

Spectacular Member

Good to see wakanda win, t'challa is not black panther without wakanda and his people.

Spectacular Member

BP plan worked to beat knull, Knull is god level. It would work on Phoenix too.

Just finished reading this issue. Well done RJ, well done. What you've done in one issue what others couldn't get done in 40+ is explain exactly who T'Challa is and why he's the Black Panther.

I've said many times that T'Challa is not a superhero and many people have argued otherwise. I'll say it again. T'Challa is not a super hero. But what he is is inspirational. He inspires his people, they believe in him and will follow and fight for him.

The reference to SWaD, the lessons T'Chaka teaches a young T'Challa, the trophy room etc., were all nice touches and connects the past to the present in a good way. Even the Storm reference was done nicely with no shade thrown, no accusations, no digs at other characters. You did a great job.

And the strategy, the way you broke it down, how the dominoes had to be lined up and fall a certain way. This is T'Challa the master planner who learns from past mistakes and plans better for the next encounter. And you mentioned and showed the HZ, who too often get left behind because so many focus on the Doras. Shuri, using her skills and knowledge, Okoye her expertise, T'Challa his brilliant mind, that is the most dangerous trio alive.

In fact, not only would I want you writing Black Panther but I'd also want you to write my other favorite character Tony Stark. If i didn't say it before, let me say it now: I think very highly of your writing skills.

Dude, you done good. Now I'm off to read Green Lantern: Future State #2

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He said that they said no, but there’s still no announcement for a new BP ongoing, so there’s still time for them to reconsider.
    Yeah, Thorne posting his old pitch on his website seems to indicate he's basically given up on writing BP solo.

Hope he at least gets a mini or something in the future. Too much talent being wasted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He got passed again he said it already but at least he got Green Lantern, he wrote a pretty good future state Green Lantern story in stores now, And a great vixen story in Truth and Justice 1-3. And killed this KIB Black Panther story. Hopefully, he is on the radar more now.
    A shame he got passed up again, he would done a very good job with the BP book. I'll be on the look out for his Green Lantern and Vixen books.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    A shame he got passed up again, he would done a very good job with the BP book. I'll be on the look out for his Green Lantern and Vixen books.
    GL: Future Stae #1 and #2 are both out. I just finished reading the 2nd issue.

If you like John Stewart, heck if you just like reading very good, character driven stories with good action, I would definitely recommend. His John Stewart is on par with his Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Co-signs fully

I liked how everyone had a purpose, everyone had a a role, every character felt different, you could see the emotions. Coates book everyone talks and looks like a depressed shakespearean, here you can see real emotions. I dunno about y'all but I legit smiled when I saw Shuri go from serious and pragmatic, and then switch over to little sister mode and hug T'Challa. Or how T'Challa unmasked and showing his personal side and when asked about Storm, he was able to get into King mode and out his wants aside because he needed to be focused for his people. Masterful story telling and Excellent art by peralta