Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wolverine clearly has the most recognizable costume. As for the best that’s really a matter of personal opinion. I think Storms current costume is one of the best designs I’ve seen in years.

Best There Is

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

green and dark phoenix of course
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Magneto's white costume or age of x costume is newly my favorite.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    green and dark phoenix of course
    This! Phoenix in green and gold (harkening to her original costume) and then Dark Phoenix in red and gold as the X-Men's most terrifying adversary.

The all-time best X-Men costume is Storm's, with her head dress, boots, and cape, which complimented her exotic vibe. Even her punk rock look was great, but her original look is iconic.

Why is nobody advocating Dazzler's original costume??
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 02-13-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Most recognizable would have to be Magneto or Wolverine. Maybe Cyclops. Everyone else may have varying degrees of recognizability but haven't been as heavily spread in popular culture. I don't think any of the women have costumes that are as recognizable as the men.

Now best costume is very subjective. And given it's subjective, I'm naturally going to say any version of Polaris' iconic costume.

Though if we're counting concepts that were never actually used, as some posters have, then I'd say Kris Anka's redesign concept for Polaris (minus the Magneto bubbles on the chest piece).

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    *pic*

Best There Is
    The color seems allright under the lighting, but as unpopular as it might sound, the mask would need for the "side hairs" to be much less pronounced or merely implied via coloring to look "right" in life action. Otherwise it would look somewhat awkward on an actual person and would also likely be unconfortable on the actor as it potentialy makes it too weighty to the sides.

That being said. I agree that of the X-men Wolverine has one of the most regognizable costumes. Which i would argue comes from remaining relatively static through the years (occasional modernization elements aside) while most of the other X-men were constantly shifting around in costumes, never having a real default outfit as much as repeating patterns.

It also helps that his yellow outfit still looks like a classic super hero outfit, which is somewhat ironic given he is a classic anti-hero and when he isn't sporting the classic yellow and black is running around in worn down normal clothes.

However i also agree that Nightcrawler has a similar recognizable outfit thanks to constantly shifting back into it or something resembling it. Same goes for Magneto if we got by the villain side.
    Besides those two there could also be a case made for Gambit. Though his outfit heavily relies on the trenchcoat which is an outfit element shared with many characters from the 80's and 90's. Leaving only his metal leg protectors and the purple chest piece.
    On a similar note Rogue's 80's outfit is quite recognizable and she is one of the few characters who had the "leather jacket + spandex" redesigns which actualy looked right on her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The color seems allright under the lighting, but as unpopular as it might sound, the mask would need for the "side hairs" to be much less pronounced or merely implied via coloring to look "right" in life action. Otherwise it would look somewhat awkward on an actual person and would also likely be unconfortable on the actor as it potentialy makes it too weighty to the sides.
    The back hair is usually covered with the mask in comics. You don't need to have less hair to wear mask especially during battle. CGI is something that is profoundly being used in superhero movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The back hair is usually covered with the mask in comics. You don't need to have less hair to wear mask especially during battle. CGI is something that is profoundly being used in superhero movies.
    I meant the big black things on the side of the mask, which i'm not sure if they are supposed to resemble the head shape of a wolverine, the fur on the side of it's face, or their ears.

Sorry for using a confusing term to refer to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I meant the big black things on the side of the mask, which i'm not sure if they are supposed to resemble the head shape of a wolverine, the fur on the side of it's face, or their ears.

Sorry for using a confusing term to refer to it.

If you mean by this then I don't think it would affect the actor. The cgi mask will be built according to it's head's size like this.

Objectively one of the most recognizable of costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Mystique, nobody wants to admit it but objectively its really mystique being butt naked

Not counting Logan or Magneto, I'd say the most recognizable costume may be Rogue's 90's costume as seen on the Fox kids cartoon.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Polaris and Scarlet Witch House of M Costume

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Here's My Top (3) Three:

Alan Davis

Dave Cockrum

Carlos Pacheco

Yeah the AD and Cockrum Classic versions are pretty revered. By me no less either but I think that the bottom one by Pacheco is iconic to many NC fans as it represents the 90's - that era and a turning point for him and that team.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 106030

A recent recolor.
    I have to say that's pretty narly.