Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Always been a fan of Mankiller:
    Attachment 106118

Should have had her stick around.
    Man-Killer should be part of Spider-Man's rogues...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love me some evil Marvel ladies.
    Agreed (especially the obsure ones):

• Joystick

• Lydia

• Bombshells

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What issue did this picture come from?
    Captain America #389

Incredible Member

quicksand , badass. when anaconda tried to pick a fight with her , she got her ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    quicksand , badass. when anaconda tried to pick a fight with her , she got her ass kicked.

I'm guessing by all the women in swimsuits that they're fighting on a beach ?

No, I think on a ship. Old Cap story with Superia leading a squad of villainesses!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mystique is my favorite. I'm also a fan of Lady Deathstrike, Selene, and Deathbird. Titania and Enchantress are fun too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

My faves are Titania, Thundra, Scream, Enchantress, Lady Deathstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What issue did this picture come from?
    Captain America #390, the Superia Strategem story arc. One of my favorites, even if it's not exactly beloved by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    there should be an all female team of villains (actually several teams), but with a more sophisticated outlook than the typical portrayal of the early 70s, "feminist controversy" era.
    There have been quite a few all-female villain teams over the years, but none of them are very successful. Off the top of my head:

Grapplers: Probably the most well-known, a group of female wrestlers who became mercenaries. Songbird was a founding member (though she went by Screaming Mimi). But the group is still around since Letha and Lascivious are back from the dead, and Poundcakes has always been around. They're "kinda" reformed, but I didn't buy that Letha of all people would turn over a new leaf and become a "good guy." This is the same woman who made a bunch of army vets with PTSD kill each other to get the Punisher's attention.

Femme Fatales: A group of mutant Spidey villains who have moved on to become general Marvel villains. They didn't appear much in the 90's or 2000's, but they seem to pop up pretty frequently nowadays. They got "revamped" looks during the Hunt for Wolverine storyline, though the creator of the Fatales was pissed because it made them look like generic strippers (he ain't wrong). Mindblast is my favorite of the bunch as she has the coolest (and most unique) look.

Beetle's Syndicate: A recent addition to the list, Beetle formed her own Syndicate comprised of female Spidey villains in order for the ladies to look out for each other. White Rabbit funds the team, Lady Octopus is the brains, Scorpia's the muscle, and Trapstr is there too.

Femizons: Superia's team from late 80's/early 90's Captain America stories. The roster included pretty much every female villain that had ever appeared in a comic up to that point, avoiding only huge names like Mystique and Enchantress. Moonstone, Nightshade, Iron Maiden, and Blackbird were Superia's lieutenants.

Hell's Belles: A group of X-Factor villains who were trained by the Wolverine villain Cyber. The group only ever appeared in one story (sadly -- they were cool!), and only Briquette continues to appear today.

Twisted Sisters: A bunch of Claremontian bad gals who he introduced in the Fantastic Four and later brought into the X-Men. They never really went anywhere beyond the early 2000's.

Doom Maidens: A group that appeared in the Fearless Defenders. It had a bunch of established female villains like Anaconda, Titania, Shriek, and Mindblast.

Sisterhood of Mutants: An all-female version of the Brotherhood, though I can't stand this team for including non-mutants like Lady Deathstrike, Spiral, and even Enchantress. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    If you like Quicksand, I'd check out the Juggernaut mini-series that just came out.

They were on the S.S. Superia which also had a big pool. Fun fact: Captain America cross-dresses in this storyline as Black Mamba. Yum.

They never should have made Black Cat quasi-heroic. Felicia doesn't need to be evil but she can still be criminal.

I forgot about Typhoid Mary. Glad to see her back in Daredevil.

Typhoid Mary is a mutant right? Has she had any involvement with the X-men since the formed Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They never should have made Black Cat quasi-heroic. Felicia doesn't need to be evil but she can still be criminal.

I forgot about Typhoid Mary. Glad to see her back in Daredevil.
    Yeah, I think the solo has had a much better take on her moral alignment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Captain America #390, the Superia Strategem story arc. One of my favorites, even if it's not exactly beloved by fans.
    I am fond of it too, although admittedly it does have some flaws. But even so, it is a lot of fun--and it was great to see so many female villains get rescued from limbo and get some panel time! Plus we got several new ones introduced.

Grapplers: Probably the most well-known, a group of female wrestlers who became mercenaries. Songbird was a founding member (though she went by Screaming Mimi). But the group is still around since Letha and Lascivious are back from the dead, and Poundcakes has always been around. They're "kinda" reformed, but I didn't buy that Letha of all people would turn over a new leaf and become a "good guy." This is the same woman who made a bunch of army vets with PTSD kill each other to get the Punisher's attention.
    Yeah, Letha reforming always felt implausible to me too. I figured it was more likely she was taking advantage of the opportunity that came along, as it was better than prison and gave her a chance to lay low for a while while she figured out her next move.

Femme Fatales: A group of mutant Spidey villains who have moved on to become general Marvel villains. They didn't appear much in the 90's or 2000's, but they seem to pop up pretty frequently nowadays. They got "revamped" looks during the Hunt for Wolverine storyline, though the creator of the Fatales was pissed because it made them look like generic strippers (he ain't wrong). Mindblast is my favorite of the bunch as she has the coolest (and most unique) look.
    I think saying the revamps make them look like "generic strippers" is a bit harsh. Knockout isn't showing any more skin in the new design than in her original. Mindblast and Snake Whip DO show a bit more skin than they did before, but not really very much much. The description may be fair for Bloodlust though--particularly the "generic" part. The reason for it is that she was one of the mutants who got depowered on M-Day, so she's just using skills and weapons now rather than her natural powers--but it did cost her her much more impressive original design.

I think the revamps were an upgrade for the other three though.

Femizons: Superia's team from late 80's/early 90's Captain America stories. The roster included pretty much every female villain that had ever appeared in a comic up to that point, avoiding only huge names like Mystique and Enchantress. Moonstone, Nightshade, Iron Maiden, and Blackbird were Superia's lieutenants.
    Snapdragon was also one of her lieutenants. In the 2nd appearance of the Femizons it was the smaller group of Superia, Snapdragon, Blackbird and Iron Maiden.

Sisterhood of Mutants: An all-female version of the Brotherhood, though I can't stand this team for including non-mutants like Lady Deathstrike, Spiral, and even Enchantress. What were they thinking?
    Did they ever identify themselves as a sisterhood of mutants though? I only remember them just calling themselves The Sisterhood. I do agree Enchantress was an odd choice though. The other women had history with the X-Men to belong to an anti-X-Men team, but I don't recall what Amora's motivation was for getting involved with them.

They were on the S.S. Superia which also had a big pool. Fun fact: Captain America cross-dresses in this storyline as Black Mamba. Yum.
    Unfortunately it was a wasted opportunity since it wasn't Black Mamba's regular costume. The fact that she and Asp were wearing new "undercover" costumes undermined the whole scene, both in terms of its intended joke AND its in-story justification. The costumes were too generic -- there was nothing particularly feminine about them to be funny as "Cap and Paladin in drag", or to realistically fool the guards and Femizons that the two of them were not men.

Extraordinary Member

There have been quite a few all-female villain teams over the years, but none of them are very successful. Off the top of my head:

Beetle's Syndicate: A recent addition to the list, Beetle formed her own Syndicate comprised of female Spidey villains in order for the ladies to look out for each other. White Rabbit funds the team, Lady Octopus is the brains, Scorpia's the muscle, and Trapstr is there too.

Hell's Belles: A group of X-Factor villains who were trained by the Wolverine villain Cyber. The group only ever appeared in one story (sadly -- they were cool!), and only Briquette continues to appear today.

Twisted Sisters: A bunch of Claremontian bad gals who he introduced in the Fantastic Four and later brought into the X-Men. They never really went anywhere beyond the early 2000's.

Doom Maidens: A group that appeared in the Fearless Defenders. It had a bunch of established female villains like Anaconda, Titania, Shriek, and Mindblast.

If you like Quicksand, I'd check out the Juggernaut mini-series that just came out.

Hell’s Belles are appearing in the upcoming X-Men: Children of the Atom miniseries.