Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bishop has displayed a bit of humor now and again. I remember particularly when he was hanging around with Gambit in the 90s he loosened up a bit. And as for him being a black man saying he’s unarmed and still getting shot... well, these Reavers are bad guys, and bad guys tend to do that. So I would only see it as disrespectful if the folks who shot him were somehow portrayed as not bad guys?
    But what was the point? It's not like Duggan has written bishop enough for us to even know what his stance would be on the matter so a throw away panel comes off more as shock value and not something i think most black people would be making humor of when it's happening in the real world all the time. I mean objectively as i said i can see the other side of maybe it would seem like a cool moment but it didn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Who is the Krakoa ambassador to the UN? Emma? Jean? Frenzy? There was nobody there to stand Krakoa's case? That is unheard of any country!!!?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not killing them makes them probably even more mad. I mean if i'm putting myself in a position to go up against omega level mutants on some level i must be beyond ready to die, but just maiming me would make me way more angry. Like looking for any pym particles or cosmic energy i can find angry.
    If they are killed, it is just the end. Maaaybe some relative gonna take it personally, but it is a long shot. Live without a limb is a eeryday reminder of it, so it is much worse.

But what was the point? It's not like Duggan has written bishop enough for us to even know what his stance would be on the matter so a throw away panel comes off more as shock value and not something i think most black people would be making humor of when it's happening in the real world all the time. I mean objectively as i said i can see the other side of maybe it would seem like a cool moment but it didn't.
    So far Bishop has been the serious guy of this team. The joke just come empty.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-17-2021 at 04:08 PM.

I don't think Bishop hasn't told any jokes this entire run, so if its him being snarky its way out of left field.

Glad to see Madripoor is being used to fuel Emma, Xavier and Magneto's white savior complex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Who is the Krakoa ambassador to the UN? Emma? Jean? Frenzy? There was nobody there to stand Krakoa's case? That is unheard of any country!!!?
    It's Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I believe Emma is but I can't imagine why she wouldn't be there. I enjoy the Moira nod and the tease of Emma knowing more but I don't know if I'll like where it might go.

This issue had its moments. I like the new Reavers original as a nod to the old and the connection to Iceman... but Iceman and Christian need to do more. And can we please have a Darkveil/Shade cameo.

Overall bland compared to recent issues... but that said this is my favorite X-Title.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I liked this issue, but I really wish the hellfire kids would go away forever I don’t like them at all. I do have a question, is Marauders ending? The end of the issue said to be concluded, usually that’s a sign a series is over.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I liked this issue, but I really wish the hellfire kids would go away forever I don’t like them at all. I do have a question, is Marauders ending? The end of the issue said to be concluded, usually that’s a sign a series is over.
    It means this particular story will be resolved next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It means this particular story will be resolved next time.
    That’s what I figured since we have solicits until issue 20 but usually this board knows the news before I ever do.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, after how he wrote bishop in savage avengers then you add in this and the KIB Marauders it really feels like he doesn't know what to do with bishop.
    How’d he write him in Savage Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How’d he write him in Savage Avengers?

As a noob with an a$$ in his face, a boot in his mouth, and a gate hitting his back.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bishop has displayed a bit of humor now and again. I remember particularly when he was hanging around with Gambit in the 90s he loosened up a bit. And as for him being a black man saying he’s unarmed and still getting shot... well, these Reavers are bad guys, and bad guys tend to do that. So I would only see it as disrespectful if the folks who shot him were somehow portrayed as not bad guys?
    It’s not disrespectful in story, but I don’t appreciate Duggan using hands up don’t shoot as a punchline in a book where the one black man is consistently mishandled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s not disrespectful in story, but I don’t appreciate Duggan using hands up don’t shoot as a punchline in a book where the one black man is consistently mishandled.
    Very tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If that's what that was, then she's being utterly stupid and poorly written. She gains nothing by this, and risks them taking drastic measures against her (say, having her killed off and have the information removed from Cerebro when she resurrects, or taking measures against her) for what, look cool? This sounds like another one of Duggan's stupid "look at how badass my female characters are, #feminism" that is just poorly thought out.
    yikes lol I bet you would think it was cool if Cyclops did it. If your first thought for a writing choice you don't like is that feminism is to blame you're probably the problem

Duggan continues to do nothing with Iceman, either. Would rather have him in another book if Duggan isn't gonna give him a plot.