Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Duggan continues to do nothing with Iceman, either. Would rather have him in another book if Duggan isn't gonna give him a plot.
    He should just write an all female book and call it a day. Still my fave x-book as king in black took so momentum from s.w.o.r.d.for me. But if your going to go there just go there. The men are getting nothing in this book and I consider myself a feminist.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    yikes lol I bet you would think it was cool if Cyclops did it. If your first thought for a writing choice you don't like is that feminism is to blame you're probably the problem
    You are either really dense or just looking for an excuse to argue if that's what you took from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He should just write an all female book and call it a day. Still my fave x-book as king in black took so momentum from s.w.o.r.d.for me. But if your going to go there just go there. The men are getting nothing in this book and I consider myself a feminist.
    I don’t think it’s that he can’t write men, it’s just that he can’t write THESE men. I have a feeling a lot of the launch Dawn of X books were more strictly assigned cast members which is why there are more disparities on how characters are treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t think it’s that he can’t write men, it’s just that he can’t write THESE men. I have a feeling a lot of the launch Dawn of X books were more strictly assigned cast members which is why there are more disparities on how characters are treated.
    That could be it. Everything else duggan has written I have loved but thinking about it even in his unaccy avengers the females were the dominant voice and johnny got some stuff with voodoo not doing too much but the women were the stars
    Which is rare in modern comics especially one written by a guy. He has a great voice and care with them so I think the book could only benefit from just going all in with the female side of things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Either that or they just choose people that don't know how to write team books.

Krakoa not having a UN ambassador appointed is hilarious but seriously, how has Krakoa gone through the process of becoming an official country but not have an ambassador?

If it is the responsibility of the Hellfire Trading Company, someone has been neglecting their duties lol. This is what happens when you grow too big too soon, things fall into the cracks. Maybe whoever Kate appoints as the Red Knight will fulfil this responsibility?

I did wonder why they did not kill the Reavers as they could be categorised as post-humans but then you get into an ethical dilemna. Krakoa's law is to kill no humans, there is no sub-law which states post-humans are an exception. Then if Iceman, Bishop and Pyro did kill the Reavers, they would have to explain to the council how they were not fundamentally human (and remember, even if the mutants die, they can still be resurrected). If the only thing which made them no longer human was having artificial limbs, then what kind of message does that send?

And even if the three of them got away with it, then a loophole exists which other mutants could take advantage of .e.g. a Krakoan who wants to kill a human for personal reasons could see this as an opportunity to plan and get away with murder.

I bought the digital copy of this issue and when Hellfire are opening the hospital, Kate changes from her resurrection dress to her pirate queen outfit within the same scene.

Was this an artist error or on purpose?

Yeah, I agree. He's not a bad writer, he just can't write the male members of the Marauders.

Man. maybe the Hellfire Gala is Moira return ?

Emma is going to make a cup?

President Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier finds out seconds before Magneto using his telepathy.

But yes, the implication is that Emma is doing a power move to Magneto and Xavier: "I know your little secret and you can't do anything to prevent it."
    Except kill her, have her cloned without the memories...if she knows, which i don't believe she does because how would she? Moira, Xavier ad Magneto have so far only been careless with Mystique. There is no evidence to support that she knows and if she does to what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, I got the feeling Emma knows about Moira. It would make sense tbh, she has been inside his mind many times. Two relatively recent ones that come to mind are the time she and Jean did the physic rescue, and the time after Messiah Complex during Carey's run in X-Men Legacy.
    Given how guarded Moira's presence is, it stands to reason Xavier and Lensherr would make certain someone as nosy as either Frost or Sinister wouldn't find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks for this. Bishop is on the wrong team with the wrong writer and it's not getting any better.
    He didn't do well when he got his ass kicked in the latest issue of Savage Avengers so maybe they should chuck onto X-force or SWORD.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You're right he should have just killed the pyshcos.

Unfortunately that's not allowed.
    Unless Xavier and Lensherr secretly give you the OK.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I enjoyed Marauders a lot to day just waiting to see Mama actually in combat. Maybe in another ten issues or so
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Spectacular Member

I actually enjoyed this issue for the most part.

Emma's tactics for winning the people and stopping the Verdi was spot on. Best way to win the heart's of the people is by giving them what their own government is failing to do. I saw the naming of the hospital as a political move, but not against Xavier and Magneto. To most of the world, Moira MacTaggert is believed to be a human. To the outside world she is a human who cared for both mutant and human alike. What better person to name the hospital after.

Favorite moment was when Masque used his powers on the child and finally saw his mutant gift as a blessing and not a curse. The parents giving him a hug while the baby smiled and then Masque just staring at his hand in wonder.

Least favorite part the whole battle with the "new" Reavers. The battle was totally one sided and not at all accurate.

First the Reavers are cyborgs and therefore the Mauraders aren't restricted by Rule #1 Kill No Human.
    Secondly The Reavers used Energy blast which Bishop can absorb and redirect, Iceman is an Omega level mutant who could freeze his opponent's blood and Pyro wields fire. These are three of the best mutants to have face off against a group of cyborgs and yet they were forced to flee with their tails between their legs. If they wanted to have Reavers get the upper hand then at least make the weapons be anti-mutant suppressor weapons so it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    I actually enjoyed this issue for the most part.

Emma's tactics for winning the people and stopping the Verdi was spot on. Best way to win the heart's of the people is by giving them what their own government is failing to do. I saw the naming of the hospital as a political move, but not against Xavier and Magneto. To most of the world, Moira MacTaggert is believed to be a human. To the outside world she is a human who cared for both mutant and human alike. What better person to name the hospital after.

Favorite moment was when Masque used his powers on the child and finally saw his mutant gift as a blessing and not a curse. The parents giving him a hug while the baby smiled and then Masque just staring at his hand in wonder.

Least favorite part the whole battle with the "new" Reavers. The battle was totally one sided and not at all accurate.

First the Reavers are cyborgs and therefore the Mauraders aren't restricted by Rule #1 Kill No Human.
    Secondly The Reavers used Energy blast which Bishop can absorb and redirect, Iceman is an Omega level mutant who could freeze his opponent's blood and Pyro wields fire. These are three of the best mutants to have face off against a group of cyborgs and yet they were forced to flee with their tails between their legs. If they wanted to have Reavers get the upper hand then at least make the weapons be anti-mutant suppressor weapons so it made sense.
    Had Kate been there she would have beaten them all blind folded after 40 tequila shots.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!