Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1156
    Extraordinary Member

Morrison's got a substack, this should be free to read: https://grantmorrison.substack.com/p...ty-annotations

Not too much there in terms of Superman and the Authority specifically, moreso encompassing his feelings on leaving DC - since this is only Part 1 presumably we'll get more Superman specific stuff in future installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Morrison's got a substack, this should be free to read: https://grantmorrison.substack.com/p...ty-annotations

Not too much there in terms of Superman and the Authority specifically, moreso encompassing his feelings on leaving DC - since this is only Part 1 presumably we'll get more Superman specific stuff in future installments.
    Got to the part where WB asked them for Superman movie pitches and became absolutely livid. Whatever they’ve got collecting dust somewhere from Morrison is undoubtedly better than whatever horseshit they’re going to try to force feed us now. God I hate WB.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Action 1030 is the start of the buildup to the Warworld Saga and is also where PKJ’s run gets great. Superman & the Authority actually arrive on Warworld in issue 1036. You could start there but I’d personally start with 1030.
    I finally picked up S&tA and really liked it. I also picked up the one-shot featuring Batman. I didn't start out on Action Comics but I will ikely go back and pick those issues.

So you say #1030 is a good place to start?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This made the rounds earlier I think but its just a cool look. I'd like to see this version somewhere.

20220213_193134.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Got to the part where WB asked them for Superman movie pitches and became absolutely livid. Whatever they’ve got collecting dust somewhere from Morrison is undoubtedly better than whatever horseshit they’re going to try to force feed us now. God I hate WB.
    Got to that part too.

Jesus wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I finally picked up S&tA and really liked it. I also picked up the one-shot featuring Batman. I didn't start out on Action Comics but I will ikely go back and pick those issues.

So you say #1030 is a good place to start?
    Yep, you shouldn’t have any trouble jumping in there. I liked PKJ’s Future State stuff, but that’s not necessary.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    This made the rounds earlier I think but its just a cool look. I'd like to see this version somewhere.
    That's just the Kingdom Come suit. Which I do love, and wouldn't mind seeing used on a regular basis.

I still think the Reborn outfit is the best update the suit has ever had, but the t-shirt looks from Morrison's Action and Authority, as well as Kingdom Come, are all amazing designs I'd be fine with DC using in the main line going forward.

I'd still want the classic suit used in flashbacks and self-contained stuff, especially if they used one of the *noticeably* different designs in the regular books, but I'm all for Clark changing his look a bit....as long as it's a well made costume, which is rare and harder than it seems.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's just the Kingdom Come suit. Which I do love, and wouldn't mind seeing used on a regular basis.

I still think the Reborn outfit is the best update the suit has ever had, but the t-shirt looks from Morrison's Action and Authority, as well as Kingdom Come, are all amazing designs I'd be fine with DC using in the main line going forward.

I'd still want the classic suit used in flashbacks and self-contained stuff, especially if they used one of the *noticeably* different designs in the regular books, but I'm all for Clark changing his look a bit....as long as it's a well made costume, which is rare and harder than it seems.
    I feel like it's slightly darker in hue. Either way, I thought Janin did a bang up job on the eventual look and all the alternate versions he drew up were pretty cool looking too. I think he really nailed the grey haired Clark.

The only thing that I wasn't immediately sold on was the gloves, but I ended up coming around to it.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'll agree Krull knows where at least body is buried because otherwise god only knows how else he got three goes at GA.
    Krul got GA because it was tied in with Johns Brightest Day and he and Johns knew each other back in college. Remember Johns was doling out jobs during this period and Simone getting BoP was supposedly also him as was Swamp Thing/Animal Man with Snyder and Lemire which were originally spinoffs to Brightest Day (the Rotworld stuff was clearly originally intended to connect in someway to Blackest Night/Brightest Day and Holland was iirc brought back in Brightest Day). Snyder we know got a phone interview with Johns to get the Swamp Thing book and Lemire already had Superboy due to Johns.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-15-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Part 2 is out: https://t.co/xbWte67db5

Tell us how you really feel Moz

Also pretty intrigued by their tease for the next one...

What were the origins of our take on Manchester Black and why is he so different from the original?

Which Ridley Scott movie provided the inspiration for Superman’s Authority costume?
    More Johnny Rotten, coming up!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Similar to how Morrison reformatted the original idea for 5G Clark into Superman & The Authority, I firmly believe that the idea of Kara as a "space fascist" isn't the end of the world.

Like, c'mon guys, creativity is free! I also find that seemingly impossible to square brain teaser writing prompts like "how do you make fascist Clark and Kara work" are the best kind of writing prompts, and usually bring out the best in any writer who isn't so stuck in their ways that they'll cross their arms, stomp their feet, and moan. It's a JOB for goodness sake! And that means you have a boss who, imagine that, can tell you what to do. The special part-- and I mean it's a real gift that I feel a lot of writers take for granted-- is that their job allows them to adjust an order given to them so that it feels better to them. Not many other jobs allow for that. All it takes is a little creativity and the ability to now how to pitch your work for max impact.

So yeah, I'd have loved to see someone's take on that prompt because it's easily the most interesting writing prompt/pitch I've see for Kara to date. My mind's already racing with ways to make it work and fit while not just doing a straight take on a super fascist. Once again, 5G I wish you were here.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Similar to how Morrison reformatted the original idea for 5G Clark into Superman & The Authority, I firmly believe that the idea of Kara as a "space fascist" isn't the end of the world.

Like, c'mon guys, creativity is free! I also find that seemingly impossible to square brain teaser writing prompts like "how do you make fascist Clark and Kara work" are the best kind of writing prompts, and usually bring out the best in any writer who isn't so stuck in their ways that they'll cross their arms, stomp their feet, and moan. It's a JOB for goodness sake! And that means you have a boss who, imagine that, can tell you what to do. The special part-- and I mean it's a real gift that I feel a lot of writers take for granted-- is that their job allows them to adjust an order given to them so that it feels better to them. Not many other jobs allow for that. All it takes is a little creativity and the ability to now how to pitch your work for max impact.

So yeah, I'd have loved to see someone's take on that prompt because it's easily the most interesting writing prompt/pitch I've see for Kara to date. My mind's already racing with ways to make it work and fit while not just doing a straight take on a super fascist. Once again, 5G I wish you were here.
    You should write your own novel bro.

My writing teacher said something similar. Marvel and DC tend to operate like a film producer. They usually pitch writers books to do than the other way around.

I always felt 5g was too complicated and unwieldy. Just give me a 5 year timeskip.
    Part 2 is out: https://t.co/xbWte67db5

Tell us how you really feel Moz
    It's a fun read.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Guy who was supposedly tapped for 5G Superman was Tim Sheridan so I really doubt he’d have done all that great a job if he was writing Clark. Besides that I’m sure a fascist Clark could be a “success” insofar that it would sell, but it’s not a take I’m rooting for to succeed. We’ve gotten that take elsewhere plenty of times, and I vastly prefer what we have now (for Clark anyway). 5G definitely seemed like it was going to torch the previous gen in a very clean break way though. They should do 5G as “Ultimate DC”.

Guy who was supposedly tapped for 5G Superman was Tim Sheridan so I really doubt he’d have done all that great a job if he was writing Clark. Besides that I’m sure a fascist Clark could be a “success” insofar that it would sell, but it’s not a take I’m rooting for to succeed. We’ve gotten that take elsewhere plenty of times, and I vastly prefer what we have now (for Clark anyway). 5G definitely seemed like it was going to torch the previous gen in a very clean break way though. They should do 5G as “Ultimate DC”.
    They could retool the Earth One graphic novel imprint with the 5G/Future State setup.