Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    All I know is that there are not enough people who are talking about Swan Captain Britain
    How very true! She totally was the highlight of the issue, a scene-stealer if there was ever one.

The use of Malice has me intrigued, I may read this.

Unless Malice takes over Jubilee, wrecks some stuff, and shows how seriously dangerous her powers are, I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    These are very fine questions but I fear we may never gets the answers and that page about the mutant magic circle setup would make any magic user in the marvel universe die of laughters, brother vodoo or strange do that kind of stuff all alone every other thursday
    LMAO, now what if Wanda read the grimoire?

Magik must be walking the corridors of Strange Academy with shame

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    LMAO, now what if Wanda read the grimoire?

Magik must be walking the corridors of Strange Academy with shame
    Imagine wanting to reinvent the way magic works in the marvel universe and after 19 issues all you have got to show for it is that page ......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    I would freak out if someone named Malice would live in my body and I became disembodied after going through the Multiverse where there is no one I know, only different variations of the known, and no one knows me. But that's just me.
    Betsy was never aware that Malice was in her new body until she was told so at the end of the issue. She went from shattering in XoS, to being in Queen Elizabeth's body, to jumping around the multiverse and actively fleeing from the other Captains, to being collected and delivered by Ilspeth, to refusing to reenter her new body and running away again. She has dealt with Malice before and was not at all intimidated by her in the past. The Betsy in #17 is incongruous with the story Howard was trying to sell in this issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Betsy was never aware that Malice was in her new body until she was told so at the end of the issue. She went from shattering in XoS, to being in Queen Elizabeth's body, to jumping around the multiverse and actively fleeing from the other Captains, to being collected and delivered by Ilspeth, to refusing to reenter her new body and running away again. She has dealt with Malice before and was not at all intimidated by her in the past. The Betsy in #17 is incongruous with the story Howard was trying to sell in this issue.
    Agreed. Kwannon even says that wasn’t Betsy in the last issue. But did Maloce possess Brian last issue? He walked through the gate alone.

Fantastic Member

All I know is that there are not enough people who are talking about Swan Captain Britain
    Damn straight. All the bird Caps need appreciation threads.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny x-man View Post
    how very true! She totally was the highlight of the issue, a scene-stealer if there was ever one.
    honk! Honk! Honk!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    How very true! She totally was the highlight of the issue, a scene-stealer if there was ever one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Damn straight. All the bird Caps need appreciation threads.
    honk! Honk! Honk!
    We better have a situation where we see them fight as well maybe kick Saturnyne in her face

Imagine wanting to reinvent the way magic works in the marvel universe and after 19 issues all you have got to show for it is that page ......
    And that page still does not make sense. If only we had clear explanations lol

But in all seriousness, all of this would be worth it if we could see the worth of magic to Krakoa or even how it compares to other magic. I get this magic is new so is not very developed, but throw us a bone or even an endpoint of how this benefits Krakoa.

So far, the most impressive thing in Excalibur is the External Gate but because we have no scale for comparison, we cannot understand why this is impressive. It was just a big portal to Otherworld.

Now, if Excalibur were the ones who helped bring Arakko to Earth using the External Gate, that would show growth and be impressive. Or if the QC wanted to find a way to prevent another "No More Mutants" spell or to counter chaos magic (or magic in general) and Apocalypse agreed to add it to his to-do list for magic (which Rictor inherited), it would give readers a reason to care about mutant magic.

Otherwise, all this mutant magic discovery just appears to be a vanity project which does not matter to Krakoa or DOX/ROX.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    And that page still does not make sense. If only we had clear explanations lol

But in all seriousness, all of this would be worth it if we could see the worth of magic to Krakoa or even how it compares to other magic. I get this magic is new so is not very developed, but throw us a bone or even an endpoint of how this benefits Krakoa.

So far, the most impressive thing in Excalibur is the External Gate but because we have no scale for comparison, we cannot understand why this is impressive. It was just a big portal to Otherworld.

Now, if Excalibur were the ones who helped bring Arakko to Earth using the External Gate, that would show growth and be impressive. Or if the QC wanted to find a way to prevent another "No More Mutants" spell or to counter chaos magic (or magic in general) and Apocalypse agreed to add it to his to-do list for magic (which Rictor inherited), it would give readers a reason to care about mutant magic.

Otherwise, all this mutant magic discovery just appears to be a vanity project which does not matter to Krakoa or DOX/ROX.
    How many externals did they sacrifice to open that portal ? And yet magic users travel between dimension merely employing their mystical energies on a regular basis, so far mutant magic is quite underwhelming.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This is the mini I never knew I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Unless Malice takes over Jubilee, wrecks some stuff, and shows how seriously dangerous her powers are, I'm not interested.
    This might genuinely be the most interesting thing they could do with Malice. The threat they never saw coming. Malice takes over Jubes and turns Krakoa into Krakatoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

honk! Honk! Honk!
    The Ballad of Betswan Braddock

k I'll show myself out.

How many externals did they sacrifice to open that portal ? And yet magic users travel between dimension merely employing their mystical energies on a regular basis, so far mutant magic is quite underwhelming.
    It is underwhelming and that is the fault of the book for not showing off its potential. (After this issue, not sure if Rictor can handle the stress of developing this magic, let alone a request from the QC, which may happen to create a spell to solve the Otherworld resurrections problem)

How would you make the concept of mutant magic more interesting?