Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I could not find the OG post but that image by Pepe Larraz is stunning.

Just some cool images/panels of Ev. :-D

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Synch is like what, 18? I have never seen a young person maintain a shiny bald look. Back in the 90's it almost made sense(like he was doing a Michael Jordan), but I think the boy can try a new style now. I would have liked to see his hair grow out in that Vault story, but they didn't budge(like he really made time to shave his head every day while evading the CotV for hundreds of years...?). His rainbow aura is the clincher as far as visual iconography goes.
    I agree. Many of us rocked the bald look back then, but that was decades ago and styles change.

I will diverge from the group, though, and call for an end to the rainbow aura. It's not the 1980s and he doesn't need to be a callback to the Rainbow Coalition. Besides, his aura should be more of an aposematic signifier, preferably encompassing all of the hues of a monochromatic color. His enemies should see his aura and be deathly afraid. I don't care which color scale they choose, but please ditch the rainbow lollipop look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree. Many of us rocked the bald look back then, but that was decades ago and styles change.

I will diverge from the group, though, and call for an end to the rainbow aura. It's not the 1980s and he doesn't need to be a callback to the Rainbow Coalition. Besides, his aura should be more of an aposematic signifier, preferably encompassing all of the hues of a monochromatic color. His enemies should see his aura and be deathly afraid. I don't care which color scale they choose, but please ditch the rainbow lollipop look.

Can’t be better said

No just no. The rainbow aura IS his iconic signature. Most characters dont have one so to strip this from a minority character that doesnt really stand out otherwise would be a big mistake. Its a cool visual and specific to him. It needs to stay

Lol, his rainbow was making me think of all those retro colors and lava lamps making a comeback in the 90's at the time. I'm fine with it, though.

I don't mind the aura at all really, I will say that it would be cool to see it manifest in a more creative way. I just need him to not be the wallflower of this group.

90's trading cards:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No just no. The rainbow aura IS his iconic signature. Most characters dont have one so to strip this from a minority character that doesnt really stand out otherwise would be a big mistake. Its a cool visual and specific to him. It needs to stay
    Gotta agree with you here. Whenever I think of Synch I instantly picture the aura, plus it's just a cool visual.

Ultimate Member

Check Gerry Duggan's Twitter for a Cosplay Hellfire Gala Synch.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don't mind the aura at all really, I will say that it would be cool to see it manifest in a more creative way. I just need him to not be the wallflower of this group.
    Agree, his aura changes alot depending on the artist. I too would like some more creative visuals with it.

Look for Everett showing off on pages of X-force and Marauders like a pimp. Jubilee and Monet is also on the pages, but not with Synch.
    Last edited by Pantherflash; 06-04-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    Agree, his aura changes alot depending on the artist. I too would like some more creative visuals with it.

Look for Everett showing off on pages of X-force and Marauders like a pimp. Jubilee and Monet is also on the pages, but not with Synch.
    I really do wish that we can get an on panel reunion for Ev an Jubilee. Seems weird we haven't seen them interact yet since Synch was brought back. I also wanna see more of Synch and Skin just kicking it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    Having the rainbow schmear encompass both Everett and whomever he's 'synching' with could make for a neat panel, suggesting that the rainbow aura is sort of bridging the gap between him and the other person and the power is flowing across it.

Is the aura meant to be visible to the people around him, or just like Jean Grey's pink fluff, something that is invisible to them and only visible to us readers?

I hope Synch will become a viable character in X-Men like he was in Generation X. He's been gone for too long just to come back to be wallpaper(Bishop).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope Synch will become a viable character in X-Men like he was in Generation X. He's been gone for too long just to come back to be wallpaper(Bishop).
    He could be the X-Mens version of Superman.

Mighty Member

As far as Ev's aura.. I like it.. its good iconography for him.. But it could manifest differently based on the types of powers or people he is synching with.. it could look different for non mutants or do special things for omega levels.. like if Ev synched with an eternal I would love for his signature to adjust a bit..

And yes.. so looking forward to him being in the book and being made viable leading x person in the next few months.. So much potential and I hope Duggy spends sometime letting us know about his interiority. We def need to see him interact with his former team mates with actual dialogue sooner than later.