Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Black Widow, Spider-Woman, The US Agent mini, The Shang-Chi mini, The Eternals, the Star Wars group and the Iron Fist mini are all good reads so it's not desolate on the other side of the X-books.
    The Star Wars core books have been a bit 'meh' lately IMO. Vader in particular seems to be overly focused on tying into the PT and ST (The whole first few issues with Padme's decoy *and* a good chunk of the Naboo supporting characters, and then the Exegol arc immediately thereafter. While the last few Vader runs had their fan shout-outs of course, this is kind of overkill)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We'll see.
    I don't know why but I read this as super ominous lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't know why but I read this as super ominous lol.
    I find that a team series tends to be a bad bargain when you only care about one character on the roster. Quite frankly, I wish that X-23 hadn't been pulled into the whole Krakoa thing (she'd built a life for herself outside of the X-Men that's been lost for the sake of Hickman's larger narrative and from what I've gathered, the new status quo isn't one that the character would've been onboard with as of when we last saw her; I mean, the cloning resurrection process alone was exactly the sort of thing she'd committed herself to ending).

At this point, I'm just waiting for Hickman's stuff to run its course and hoping that the stuff I liked comes back when the franchise goes back to normal.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

what of Games and Cartoons??? oh...you said publishing.

Seriously right now I am not currently reading X Men books, any new information I get is from X books and fan discussion about what is going on with the merry mutants.

I find that a team series tends to be a bad bargain when you only care about one character on the roster. Quite frankly, I wish that X-23 hadn't been pulled into the whole Krakoa thing (she'd built a life for herself outside of the X-Men that's been lost for the sake of Hickman's larger narrative and from what I've gathered, the new status quo isn't one that the character would've been onboard with as of when we last saw her; I mean, the cloning resurrection process alone was exactly the sort of thing she'd committed herself to ending).

At this point, I'm just waiting for Hickman's stuff to run its course and hoping that the stuff I liked comes back when the franchise goes back to normal.
    Did you happen to read her arc in X-Men that recently concluded? It was really only 3 issues but I enjoyed it, although to your point the arc focused more on Synch than Laura but she had a good showing imho.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It's good to be back in the 90's baybee!

Marvel and the rest should learn to give creators freedom and support to build out a line.

Hickman did a spectacular job setting the foundation and the rest of the writers continued to build the golden temple on top of it.

This is the first time in a long time that I am seeing multiple writers work so close with each other to build a cohesive universe.

I think the last time I saw an entire line work this well with each other was probably Batman No Man's Lans.

When creators are aloud to step away from problematic and hindering continuity gold can be made.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup,Spider-man is Amazing right now.Daredevil is great too.Black cat is not bad either.
    I have not read Spider-man in a while.. I tried picking it up after the Peter Parker millionaire seasons, and it just seemed to me like it just went back to the old 60s and 70s plotlines - Peter broke, Peter with girl problems, Peter trying to take pictures... It just seemed like exactly the same plots to me, but modernised. It saddened me that it just seemed to discard all the character progression they had worked on. Has it changed since?

Did you happen to read her arc in X-Men that recently concluded? It was really only 3 issues but I enjoyed it, although to your point the arc focused more on Synch than Laura but she had a good showing imho.
    Haven't, since i'm usually a trade waiter, if I'm going to read anything.

Are we talking about before or after the Vault mission? Was not a fan of the Vault thing and her being reset at the end was kind of a necessary evil at best (in the long term, keeping her hundreds of years old was too much change offscreen, but I don't appreciate my favorite character being killed off and being replaced with an identical copy, even thought the latter will be easier to overlook whenever the franchise gets back to basics).

Did hear that post-Vault, she was being used as an unrequited love interest for Synch. Most users on the X-23 appreciation thread where not happy with that. IMHO, X-23's love life has been the most boring aspect of the character, so I'm not very interested in that. Also a harder sell if the story really isn't about her in the first place. Mileage may vary.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Star Wars core books have been a bit 'meh' lately IMO. Vader in particular seems to be overly focused on tying into the PT and ST (The whole first few issues with Padme's decoy *and* a good chunk of the Naboo supporting characters, and then the Exegol arc immediately thereafter. While the last few Vader runs had their fan shout-outs of course, this is kind of overkill)
    I like the "Tarkin's Will" and "Operation Starlight" arcs in Star Wars and The High Republic is off to kind of a slow start but it's an interesting read. The War of the Bounty Hunters looks pretty good but I just can't buy a lot of tie ins. I'm pretty much not doing any kind of event comics.

Haven't, since i'm usually a trade waiter, if I'm going to read anything.

Are we talking about before or after the Vault mission? Was not a fan of the Vault thing and her being reset at the end was kind of a necessary evil at best (in the long term, keeping her hundreds of years old was too much change offscreen, but I don't appreciate my favorite character being killed off and being replaced with an identical copy, even thought the latter will be easier to overlook whenever the franchise gets back to basics).

Did hear that post-Vault, she was being used as an unrequited love interest for Synch. Most users on the X-23 appreciation thread where not happy with that. IMHO, X-23's love life has been the most boring aspect of the character, so I'm not very interested in that. Also a harder sell if the story really isn't about her in the first place. Mileage may vary.
    Yeah I was talking about the vault story. If you’re not a fan of resurrection protocols then I’d say you’re making the right move not reading the Hickman era. I don’t mind it and I don’t really think of them as clones but even if I did they aren’t being written as such. The love story between Synch and Laura hasn’t played out yet, but I’m not one for romance in my comics anyway so I don’t care how that ends. I liked the vault story and I thought it was a cool concept featuring Laura

Yeah I was talking about the vault story. If you’re not a fan of resurrection protocols then I’d say you’re making the right move not reading the Hickman era. I don’t mind it and I don’t really think of them as clones but even if I did they aren’t being written as such. The love story between Synch and Laura hasn’t played out yet, but I’m not one for romance in my comics anyway so I don’t care how that ends. I liked the vault story and I thought it was a cool concept featuring Laura
    Fair enough; I guess that I find the idea of clones being the original resurrected to be, at best, a boring and outdated idea (also not sure why X-23 is onboard with it, given that she's not only a clone herself but has also shown that she hates seeing fellow clones exploited like this).

I think love stories can work (really like Spider-Man and Mary Jane and some of the couples in the Marvel movies), but they've yet to do it with this character in a way I liked (in retrospect, I kinda wished they'd put her and Mercury together in the Childhood's End series).

I did read most of the Fallen Angels mini from the Hickman era and did like that (need to get the trade and was debating about trying that spinoff with Psylocke). Mileage will vary on stuff, as is always the case.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The X-23 solo series. Only thing I read in the comics is that character.
    Didn't that book get cancelled for Age of X-Man?

Ultimate Member

I like X-men and X-Force and have been reading those religiously. Hellions has been pretty good but I really can't stand the "fabulous" version of Mr Sinister, what he does is pretty horrifying and I don't why he's been made to be "funny". I absolutely love Way of X (even though it's just two issues in).

I found X-Factor to be pretty horrible and Wolverine has been..strange to say the least. I read a few issues of Marauders but just dropped off.

The writing on Excalibur is just weird. Tini Howard's concepts aren't really as complicated as the way she's writing. X-Corp was pretty terrible too.

Duggan's Cable was just wrong on a conceptual level and I'm not surprised that it got cancelled so quickly.

Outside of the X-books, I've been enjoying Thor, Immortal Hulk, Captain America (i've actually found it to be pretty interesting), Amazing Spider-man, Venom and Eternals. Overall, I'm enjoying more non X-men related stuff than X-men related stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Jason's Avengers run is totally hot garbage.
    Dan's Fantastic Four is always ruin with shitty plots twist and plot device.
    I can't even bother to mention DC Comics at all. More like " Batman and the DC Universe". Too many Bat-books until I went insanity.

At this point, Dear X-Men fans. Please be gratuful for what titles you have. Especially with those hardship back in 2015-2016 when the Inhumans replacing the franchise. It's so hard to earn the back the spotlight thank to Hickman.

Well if you have so far seen the Eternals trailers, Eternals seems to be the replacement of the Inhumans

I never got such a delusional concept from Marvel, that they once tried to use Inhumans to replace X-MEN? what were they gong to do...try and wipe out a very rich 60 year mythology that could be self contained away from the Marvel universe????

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Hickman was as good as it got, and there hasn't been a great run on the title since he stepped away from Marvel and then came back to X-Men.

Where Hickman is, there will your heart be also.
    I always felt Hickman was brought in to do to X-MEN what Tom King was doing to Batman, so I am not surprised it may have gotten as good as it got. Batman still has good animated stuff though, X-MEN has none and I would not want one either unless Disney are not the people behind it since disney has not giving us any good marvel animated shows or movies with even a flirt of maturity.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-25-2021 at 03:54 AM.

I totally agree. All of the bitching on these boards aside, it's a great time to be an X-Fan especially after the massive drought we were in for years prior to Hickman's takeover.