Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
  1. #1

    Default Deathstroke Appreciation

    DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

    1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

    2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

    3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Slade is one of if not the favorite comic book character of mine. For anyone else who likes him feel free to post anything you like about him.

    1908169-1906702_deathstroke_01cwip_04_super_super.jpg
    Last edited by Deathstroke the Terminator; 05-05-2014 at 09:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,455

    Default

    Truly one of comics' greatest badasses!

    Sadly he was made to look horrible in the Batman and Son movie. If you're a Deathstroke fan I would definitely avoid this flick.

    At least there's a very intimidating and seemingly unstoppable version of Slade on Arrow.


    Not a fan of the hockey mask look though.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-04-2014 at 08:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,910

    Default

    Without a doubt one of the best villains in the DC Universe and comics in general.



    I really miss the old costume. If I could, I'd bring it back, or at least certain elements of it, such as the fold-over boots and the cloth mask. Those were classic, and so integral to his look.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,110

    Default

    Ron Pearlman Deathstroke (TT cartoon)-awesome.

    Manu Bennett Deathstroke (Arrow)-really awesome.

    Thomas Gibsons DINO (Son of Batman)-ugh.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Truly one of comics' greatest badasses!

    Sadly he was made to look horrible in the Batman and Son movie. If you're a Deathstroke fan I would definitely avoid this flick.

    At least there's a very intimidating and seemingly unstoppable version of Slade on Arrow.


    Not a fan of the hockey mask look though.
    That scene were he's just casually waiting for the heroes in their own hideout/HQ and then proceeds to kick all of their butts was so cool. He took out Green Arrow, a LOA-trained Black Canary, and former US Special Forces operative Diggle without breaking a sweat.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Without a doubt one of the best villains in the DC Universe and comics in general.



    I really miss the old costume. If I could, I'd bring it back, or at least certain elements of it, such as the fold-over boots and the cloth mask. Those were classic, and so integral to his look.
    yeah i much prefer the old costume. the shoulder pads on the new one are very unnecessary. i also like the cloth mask over the new Ironman-like helmet.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Sodam Yat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Daxam
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    I don't know much about Deathstroke, but what are his best showings?

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,455

    Default

    here's a pretty cool Deathstroke fan film! based on the Arkham video game. (just a warning, it's kind of bloody.)



    i wish the costume on Arrow looked this good.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    763

    Default






  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    763

    Default






  11. #11
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    I was just about to revive my old thread but you beat me to it! As long as he gets some appreciation it's fine by me!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't know much about Deathstroke, but what are his best showings?
    There are probably too many to list, he's an awesome character. The biggies that come to mind right away are the old Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans run, the TT animated series from several years back, and the current Arrow TV show. He's had other cool showings in the comics as well.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    I can't stand the Arrow version. I prefer the stone cold mercenary over the deranged lunatic in the show. I mean yeah he has a cool Australian accent, but that's basically it.

    I thought the point of the character was that he kills in a "Nothing personal, just business" attitude, and Arrow's version does the opposite.

  14. #14
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't know much about Deathstroke, but what are his best showings?
    Comic book wise:
    Judas contract
    Trial of the terminator
    The 1990 Wolfman Deathstroke comic (especially the first few dozens)
    Titans hunt
    Identity crisis #2 (very controversial issue, Deathstroke takes out the entire JL)
    Green arrow #60-#62
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I can't stand the Arrow version. I prefer the stone cold mercenary over the deranged lunatic in the show. I mean yeah he has a cool Australian accent, but that's basically it.

    I thought the point of the character was that he kills in a "Nothing personal, just business" attitude, and Arrow's version does the opposite.
    Deathstroke's had more personal motivations in the comics as well. Heck, that's how the whole Judas Contract came about, Slade had personal motives. And he's still a stone-cold mercenary in the show (Amanda Waller specifically mentions it). He also came up with this really elaborate plan that takes five years to play out, so he's really smart as well.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •