Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Best, Unforgettable Moments By Your Favorite X-Men Heroes And Villains.

What are some of the best, most unforgettable wins/moments/fights by your favorite X-Men heroes and villains?

Colossus taking out Proteus in X-Men #128. That was pure Pete.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-27-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hero...
    Storm and Callisto.jpg

Villain...the entire issue was pure Selene villainy and awesomeness!
    UXM 189.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hero...
    Storm and Callisto.jpg

Villain...the entire issue was pure Selene villainy and awesomeness!
    UXM 189.jpg
    Thanks for posting the pics. I was getting lazy and didn't really feel like it.

You've inspired me.

For hero, I think one of Mercury's best moments was being the one to talk down the Hulk when he came after Xavier.
    Mercury Hulk (3).jpg

Secondary choice for a different character: The page of X-Factor (3rd series, #3) after Layla Miller sets up a series of events throughout the day that result in the violent electrocution of an intruder and this panel:
    Layla Miller (2).jpg

I'll try to think of a villain. Nothing is immediately springing to mind.
    Last edited by Paragon; 08-27-2021 at 10:55 AM.

BANNED

It's hard to think of a favorite for Laura.

On the one hand, she's gotten to have a lot of cool individual moments: She was one of the only X-Men to ACTUALLY slow Hulk in a fight during WWH (though got put through a wall for her trouble). She was also one of the only people with an actual functioning brain during AvX, and called out BOTH sides for their bullshit. And her fight with Logan in Target X is kind of a master class on how to fight against someone with a Healing Factor without resorting to phlebotinum, special weapons, etc., and using only one's own smarts.

On the other hand, almost none of her best stuff would really fall under "Unforgettable Moments" because she habitually gets sidelined in events and such in favor of Logan, so they're almost always relegated to her solo books or more obscure miniseries (IE Circle of Four) which have very little impact on the Marvel Universe.

I guess I'll go with her take down of Deathstrike, which is honestly the last time I think she was allowed to do anything of actual consequence in a major line-affecting storyline.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

For Gambit, "Bang, you dead" is always a classic

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    For Gambit, "Bang, you dead" is always a classic

That was brutal! But Kitty Pryde was lethal (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Secondary choice for a different character: The page of X-Factor (3rd series, #3) after Layla Miller sets up a series of events throughout the day that result in the violent electrocution of an intruder and this panel:
    Layla Miller (2).jpg
    That Layla scene is fantastic. Holding the screws of the bathtub pipping and telling the intruder he is screw was perfection. I miss young Layla. What a character of a moment.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Gambit has some good moments (and some bad ones). But I think a very good moment for a lot of Gambit fans is when he was fitting on the Shi'ar ship and managed to deal a pretty hefty blow to Gladiator who is one of Marvel's Superman type characters. Gambit has a lot of writers who don't appreciate him and it hurt his popularity but back in the beginning before all that this was a pretty cool moment

Also for the "Bang you dead" moment the great thing about that moment is jubilees face. You'd swear he actually killed Wolverine lol
    Last edited by Gripstir; 08-27-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

33943B23-7052-478F-80C9-D71FEFABFB34.jpg
    Ok ok, this is hot. Dazzler here is picking a dudes pocket after getting in a ballroom brawl with the Ramjets- whose asses she kicked after a long day of getting rejected trying to find work.

The venue was a sleazy ‘Ladies Delight’ club with ‘sexy’ uniforms. Clearly a Sex Worker Hero in my eyes.

Oh man, I have so many but this moment instantly came to mind. When Sam wrecked Gladiator.

Last edited by JB; 08-27-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Gambit has some good moments (and some bad ones). But I think a very good moment for a lot of Gambit fans is when he was fitting on the Shi'ar ship and managed to deal a pretty hefty blow to Gladiator who is one of Marvel's Superman type characters. Gambit has a lot of writers who don't appreciate him and it hurt his popularity but back in the beginning before all that this was a pretty cool moment

Also for the "Bang you dead" moment the great thing about that moment is jubilees face. You'd swear he actually killed Wolverine lol
    Yeah, so great. I almost posted this one as well
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh man, I have so many but this moment instantly came to mind. When Sam wrecked Gladiator.

This was a moment, Sibling.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What are some of the best, most unforgettable wins/moments/fights by your favorite X-Men heroes and villains?
    I don’t have the page but Jean Grey owning the CRAP out of Sabretooth back when that meant something!

Also, the best non-Chris Claremont Storm moment courtesy of Chris Yost; “You breathe when I allow it.”

For Rogue, I always think back to X-Treme when Sage jump-started her powers so she could fight Khan's army

Make Good Art