Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #2 Preview

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #2 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Brian Azzarello
    Artist: Alex Maleev

Silver Banshee is finally in a comic again.

Maleev draws a solid Joker.

Extraordinary Member

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #2 Preview (Lettered)
    Writer: Brian Azzarello
    Artist: Alex Maleev

Hmm...some of that dialogue. Not feeling it.

they are remarkably calm for the disaster of a situation they have found themselves in.

While this preview might not wind up being the exact spot where we left off?

It is certainly interesting that things will get here at all.

Quoting myself from Jason's thread:
    I really liked SS: Get Joker #2. It may not be as Jason centric as issue #1 was, yeah, but Jason still makes a lot of (a lot of) observing and reflecting in this issue. And I love it. I also like how Azz treats the other characters, to be honest. Character wise, it's been a solid read, I think. Well, I don't know how much in character they are, but at least, as far as Jason goes, and I guess, Harley and Joker too, which are the ones I'm at least familiar with.

spoilers:
    Did Azzarello sort of subtle implied that this Joker has certain dirty fixation on Jason? Also, was Jason offering to dance and strip for Joker? Bold. I suspected Toyman was the mole. It didn't surprise me that Larry called other team to finish Jason's one:; it's a dick move, but it's to be expected, and why Larry said he appreciated Jason's trust on him (because Jason knew that, with them in Joker's hand, they could be turned and used like a weapon of mass murdering easily). Both twists were still good, even if they were somewhat expevcted.
    end of spoilers

I feel like dialogue's also a bit weirdly written, but I don't know why it gives me this weird feel. I also love how much... not slowpaced, but, I don't know, maybe... relaxed? their story is. They take a lot of time doing normal stuff and interacting with each other and I love those kinds of moments in a story. And the art; I love the art: but I've always liked Maleev's art, so, again, I was already expecting that. Also, Hollingsworth colours are great.

I'm absolutely buying this in trade format. I hope Azzarello writes more Jason in the future, honestly. He's very good with him. We've been very lucky recently.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-07-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Between the writing and the art, this is the best thing that DC has put out in a while. Wonder if the obvious candidate from this issue is the plant that was discussed in the solicit for the third issue.

Past that?

The final page was a doozy. No clue how they intend to wrap this up.

This is surprisingly very enjoyable.

I'm also kinda fascinated with Wild Dog here. On one hand he looked like "alt-right" punching bag for Azz, but so far he is very competent and under all his "edgy" persona doing the right things at the right moments.