Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default How Does A Regular Superhero/villain Defeat A Speedster?

What are the ways a supervillain with no super speed uch as the Rogues can stand toe to toe with someone like the Flash?

They get the drop on him.

Lots of ridiculous ways, by simply making the Rogues OP and insanely smart.

- Captain Boomerang can throw his boomerangs at lightning speed, his boomerangs are also powerful enough to hurt Kryptonians. He has a boomerang the size of a spaceship, which he can just hurl at skyscrapers.

- Captain Cold had a weapon that allowed him to freeze an entire city in a second, I'm sure he has other cold/ice weapons that you just don't see on that dumb CW show.

- The Top once possessed Henry Allen and tricked the Flash into running on a non-stop vibrating treadmill

- Heatwave has a Anti-Speed suit which makes the Flash's cells and molecules explode repeatedly, and he has fire tanks and fire cars and fire everything (which again, never touched on in the show).

- Magenta used her magnetic powers to stop Flash's blood and control the iron in his body

- The Shade turned Flash into a ghost using future tech so that Flash is unable to touch anything or communicate with anyone

- Mirror Master, no explanation needed, just slip into a mirror and cause havoc

- Computron once tricked Flash and trapped him in a machine/computer game

- The Eradicator gave the Flash an advanced cancer disease the minute Flash touched him

Extraordinary Member

Grease or lard. a few bucks at the grocery store, apply to ground you then get him to run on. Or get a drone and shoot him from behind and above; no one ever looks up. Well, lots of ways, really. Go underwater, or into space---places where he's useless. Nerve gas---colorless, odorless, and a speedster needs a lot of oxygen. Get him to touch a poisoned door knob. Feed him poison. And that's just off the top of my head.

These days of course, all the bad guy has to do is breath on him, and soon Flash or other speedster is out for the count with COVID.
    Last edited by achilles; 02-07-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Lots of ridiculous ways, by simply making the Rogues OP and insanely smart.

- Captain Boomerang can throw his boomerangs at lightning speed, his boomerangs are also powerful enough to hurt Kryptonians. He has a boomerang the size of a spaceship, which he can just hurl at skyscrapers.

- Captain Cold had a weapon that allowed him to freeze an entire city in a second, I'm sure he has other cold/ice weapons that you just don't see on that dumb CW show.

- The Top once possessed Henry Allen and tricked the Flash into running on a non-stop vibrating treadmill

- Heatwave has a Anti-Speed suit which makes the Flash's cells and molecules explode repeatedly, and he has fire tanks and fire cars and fire everything (which again, never touched on in the show).

- Magenta used her magnetic powers to stop Flash's blood and control the iron in his body

- The Shade turned Flash into a ghost using future tech so that Flash is unable to touch anything or communicate with anyone

- Mirror Master, no explanation needed, just slip into a mirror and cause havoc

- Computron once tricked Flash and trapped him in a machine/computer game

- The Eradicator gave the Flash an advanced cancer disease the minute Flash touched him
    There was also the Thinker who plugged him into a VR world.
    Mr Frost had Wally on toast using holograms.
    Captain Cold also generates an ice field around himself which slows the Flash down.
    Mirror Master has had Wally trapped in the Mirrorverse before where he was lucky to get out.

Basically, if you don't get the drop on him, Flash is almost impossible to defeat.
    In theory, every battle would be over before the villain's synapses had finished sparking their first idea.
    It's why Marv Wolfman was so keen on writing Wally out of the Titans.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Lots of ways.

-Civilian areas create an automatic limit on his speed

-Surprise attacks

-Illusion & misdirection

-Strength in numbers

-Booby traps and manipulation of the terrain

-Weapons & abilities that actually interfere with the use of his speed

Mind control

Waiting for speedster to go to sleep

Magic

Advanced technology

Poisoning

Oh lord I forgot about that one.

Mostly just luck or plot armor tbh
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Oh lord I forgot about that one.

Mostly just luck or plot armor tbh
    Yeah, I just chock it up to, "because the story needed the villain to win" and whether it works or not depends on if the story is otherwise well written and compelling.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Pis and Cis.

it depends what you mean by regular and which character's at play. like are we talking characters that have powers, just not super speed?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Run backwards?

Draw a tunnel on the side of a cliff and wait for the speedster to try to run through it.

Just get a pebble for them to step on.