Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hate to say black people need to just start pirating because it's wrong but what do you do when you want to read something that isn't done by one person and is owned by a big company who services you use but they haven't trickled down the diversity. At the end of the day marvel can exclude us until we are blue in the face but we will still read if we want because it's not only black characters we support, but if we aren't going to get any shine i guess we need to take marvel stance of it is what it is. *shrugs* hate to feel that way but at this point it isn't marvel can't it's marvel doesn't seem to want to and are actively going backwards. So i say ride it out in silence, society will catch up to them like it does everyone else. Even our dollars don't talk to Akira Cebulski and marvel.
    Never encourage anyone to do something that is criminal. Especially not someone in the African American community. They're just looking for an excuse to slap a conviction on you, which doesn't just affect your future income and living possibilities, but depending on the classification of the crime (i.e., misdemeanor vs. felony) can also cost you the right to vote. If you don't have that, you have no power in this country. There's such a thing as "good trouble", but this is not the hill to die on -- at least not in that fashion.

I suggest getting one of those monthly Unlimited subscriptions from Comixology, if you want to read a ton of comics without necessarily pouring all of your cash into the Big Corp, which you don't believe supports your concerns. That said, if memory serves Comixology falls under the Amazon company umbrella. If you have issues with Disney (Marvel) and AT&T (DC Comics), then you might also find something objectionable with Amazon. There really is no escaping big business.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-24-2021 at 02:42 PM.