Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Krakoa has basically tried to destroy these characters the most.

Nature Girl
    Moira
    Kitty

People want to know why I hate on Hickman and this era so much. I’ll point to those three characters and what has been done to them.

Were you a big Nature Girl and Moira fan before? If so, I’m sorry for what’s been done to them. I just didn’t know they had any real fan base to speak of honestly. So I figured the changes were fine.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nature Girl
    Moira
    Kitty

People want to know why I hate on Hickman and this era so much. I’ll point to those three characters and what has been done to them.
    I'll shoot how?

I feel like he hasn't used Kitty a ton unless I'm missing something, Moira was dead and forgotten for years prior to Hickman. Nature Girl I'll give you as I haven't read many of her stories.

I think Kitty will be fine. She's in her twenties and having a rebellious stage that can easily be reversed. Maybe Yana knows how to magically remove tatoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Kitty will be fine. She's in her twenties and having a rebellious stage that can easily be reversed. Maybe Yana knows how to magically remove tatoos.
    She can always die and resurrect in a body with no tattoos too.

Krakoa destroyed Apocalypse. He was all about that survival-of the-fittest life. Now, he got soft and paid the price. Now he's selling flowers on street corners trying to make bitcoin.

I can understand your Nature Girl point that Unlimited story was just odd.

Same with Moira. I've made my peace with the retcon (mainly because she'd been dead for 20 years before it!) but can understand why you might dislike the big changes to her character.

Kate/ Kitty's a strange one?

Fair enough if you dislike Duggan's take on her (I'm a fan) but so many other authors have written her far worse in recent memory. X-Men Gold wasn't that long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    I can understand your Nature Girl point that Unlimited story was just odd.

Same with Moira. I've made my peace with the retcon (mainly because she'd been dead for 20 years before it!) but can understand why you might dislike the big changes to her character.

Kate/ Kitty's a strange one?

Fair enough if you dislike Duggan's take on her (I'm a fan) but so many other authors have written her far worse in recent memory. X-Men Gold wasn't that long ago...
    IIRC this poster holds X-Men Gold in high regard to provide context.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Krakoa destroyed Apocalypse. He was all about that survival-of the-fittest life. Now, he got soft and paid the price. Now he's selling flowers on street corners trying to make bitcoin.
    LOL! That's good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Totally quoted for truth.... It's how ironic everything has so much changed after hox/pox for him but HoX/PoX was a decent portayal for him

I actually loved Apocalypse in the Krakoan era. Hope he come's back soon to test Krakoa again.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Totally quoted for truth.... It's how ironic everything has so much changed after hox/pox for him but HoX/PoX was a decent portayal for him
    You guys are just losing it Apoc finally having a reason for his survival of the fittest mentality is great. It took him from a 2d villain to a well rounded character.

All the old X-Rogues basically got neutered lol. Now they’re all in that Magneto zone of “anti-hero/anti-villain”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All the old X-Rogues basically got neutered lol. Now they’re all in that Magneto zone of “anti-hero/anti-villain”.
    That’s one of the issues I have with the Krakoa era; all the mutant villains have been placed as a part of their society most of them Kumbayaing it up with really no form of capital punishment if they step out of line so long as they don’t break any of the three laws (just look at Shaw. He killed Kitty and is still sitting on the council and lost any scheming aspect to him) and the majority of the villains who have taken their spot as enemies for the X-books just don’t compare.

Incredible Member

And smoking the stuff they smoked in Vietnam.....